• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Other 23hr early collect on long productions

UlyssesBlue

I was wondering if we could get an early collect at 23 hours on any production building that has a production of 24 hours or more. One current problem with 24 hour productions is that there's always a small time gap between when the production finishes, and when you collect, so over several days the finish time gradually gets later and later. Eventually it gets late enough that one day it's too late to do a collection, so you have to skip a day just so it comes back to an earlier time. Prior to that there's also quite a few days where at the very least the time is quite inconvenient.

By having the option to collect slightly earlier, you will no longer have this issue, similar to neighbourly help (which operates on a 23 hour cycle). 23 hr collections should only get you 23 hours worth of goods though, rounded to the nearest whole number, instead of a full collection.

I am mostly thinking of things like event buildings, and wonders like the EE. I don't think this should apply to workshops or manufactories, as that may be a bit too complex when interacting with quests (e.g. Produce X toolboxes), and we already have the option to set a shorter production if the collection time is inconvenient, so I don't see it as all that necessary.

I'm not entirely sure how this should apply to 48 hour production buildings, e.g. phoenix. The simplest solution is to have an early collect at 47 hours, which would achieve a similar result to the above. I frankly find 2 day productions to be very inconvenient and would rather they be more like half the goods every 1 day, but there may be difficulties if the building is producing an odd number of a resource like KP. 3KP after 48hrs would turn into either 1KP or 2KP after 23 hours (depending on how it was converted), which represents either a significant nerf or a significant upgrade, which is unreasonable. 47hr early collect is probably the best way to go.