• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Cannot reproduce [21747] After update to 1.54 loading city is slow

Dony

King of Bugs
Game version: v1.54-(661e71c82)-(master) (2018-05-09 10:30)
Game world: zz1
Browser + version: Firefox Quantum 59.0.3 64-bit
Flash Player version: 29.0.0.171
Operating System: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Account name: Dony
Humans or Elves: Elf

Reproducibility: 3/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: none

Current situation:
After update to 1.54 loading city is slow, before that update it rarely happened, now its literally every second visited city.
What happens is that when you entering city there is only 1 building at a time which appear, and then second and so on in a quick succesion, its not city as a whole like before. I can make a video if needed.

Expected situation:
Whole city should appear on visiting at once,

Reproduction Steps
1. visit random city
2. visit another city
3. visit another city
4. until you notice slow loading buildings

Marindor

I can't reproduce this issue myself, not by visiting others from the rankings menu, neither from the World Map. But I have a very high performance computer myself, so that might make a difference. Is there anyone else who notices a significant performance difference in visiting other players since version 1.54?

DeletedUser1681

I have occasionally had symptoms like that lately, but I've myself thought that they are the result of my over-eagerness to update windows 10 to v.1803 release which does have some issues, one such is Chrome acting up.

Dony

King of Bugs
i consider my PC to be high performance aswell, it happens only in beta, it can happen with any city not only big ones, and since live is OK its not OS or browser related, something has changes

DeletedUser

Yes, I've seen similar effects when visiting my FS fellows.

Heymrdiedier

slow loading buildings, isnt this just because you are visiting a town which contains all buildings that arent in your cache yet?
The one i see slow in your video is one where you load a human city, after loading all elves ones before. after that the next human towns go fast again.
You see slowed loading again when you load a city with other era building (which again arent in the cache yet).

For me i see nothing special in Donys video, just normal browser behavior

DeletedUser

I might look like caching behavior except that it happens to the same city without closing the browser, I only logged out and back in again.
It looks like human cities are more affected (I'm an Elf).

DeletedUser118

I have the same problems. You enter a city and it looks like somebody is building the city's building right when you show up. ^^

DeletedUser

Had the same problem this morning. Almost every city I visited on the worldmap had a very slow build-up

Marindor

Thanks guys. Although I'm not sure if this is something that will be fixed, we have reported it now :)