• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [20815] Exclamation mark is missing with new News

Dony

King of Bugs
Game version: v1.63-(c54dd55cf)-(master) (2018-08-31 10:05)
HTML5: no
Game world: zz1
Browser + version: Firefox Quantum 61.0.1 64-bit
Flash Player version: 30.0.0.154
Operating System: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Account name: Dony
Humans or Elves: Elf

Reproducibility: 5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title:none

Current situation:
There is no red exclamation mark on new News anymore

Expected situation:
Exclamation mark on news when new are available to read

Reproduction steps:
1. Get new News
2. notice no red exclamation mark over News icon

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Im asking to have this checked by Marindor.
I believe he has to make the exclamation mark appear when he adds new news. Maybe he just forgot to add it this time.

Marindor

I just tested this with both HTML5 and Flash and I see both notification indicators correct (see screenshots). Do you mean these icons @Dony ?

Attachments

• News01.png
    News01.png
    297.1 KB · Views: 125
  • News02.png
    News02.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 127

Karvest

Now I see
upload_2018-9-2_14-2-7.png
that are remain there even after opening news window, disappeared only after game reload.

Marindor

We have now been able to reproduce this. It only appears with News items that have been scheduled upfront :)

Dony

King of Bugs
this fix didnt fixed my problem, i still dont have red exclamation mark on any patch notes update, and it looks to be the case only for edited entries(i believe patch note news are edited every time they are posted and not recreated), new entries show red exclamation mark properly
can you please delete that patch note news and recreate it next time if it fix my problem? somehow my account is flagged for that entry as already read no matter how many times you update it

DeletedUser

...somehow my account is flagged for that entry as already read no matter how many times you update it
Not only your account, I also didn't get any exclamation mark for the latest Release Notes.

Marindor

it looks to be the case only for edited entries

You are right, that's it! I'll check if this was an intended change or not. It would make sense if it was intended, since normally we only edit to correct typos or something and Beta is the only market with so many patchnotes that I don't create a new item every single day, but let's see what the devs say :D

Marindor

Checked now and this was an intended change, so I'll just change my way of working and you shouldn't notice it anymore :)