• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [19377] Gridlines Missing on the Battlefield

DeletedUser

Game version: v1.44-(7e85ebf02) (2017-11-28 9:02)
Game world: Beta
Browser + version: Opera 49.0.2725.47
Flash Player version: 27.0.0.187
Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise (UK edition)
Screen resolution:2048 x 1152
Account name: Ritsel
Humans or Elves:Elves

Check internetspeed 37Mbps, which remains pretty stable

Yesterday evening (game time) absolutely no-gridlines during the tournament on Beta. I've tried everything.
Refresh no change
Close the game completely, no change
Close the game empty browserhistory and clear flash cache no change
I couldn't fight a single battle manually, and had to cater when autofight lost :(

Went to Live on same computer and in same browser (one 1 city open each time). No problems at all there, grids are working and battle is possible

Last edited by a moderator:

Dony

King of Bugs
i can confirm this behaviour, this image is not correctly loaded since nothing from it works:
atlas-battle.grid-0-ff15c7b135d880a190b4052bfa64d1de.png

DeletedUser

To me it looks more and more that this bug is account related.
I don't have this problem on my main live account on the Dutch server, but a few weeks back I started a new city on live to test some things. I noticed then that I had the same problem in this small city with the missing gird lines. Can't test it any more now, because this small test city is already gone.

My large city on live is my first account, beta was 2nd. Don't know if this info is relevant.

DeletedUser1771

:) finally this ugly bug showed her real face and is everywhere so we don't need repro steps to confirm it. Just go to battlefield and see that you are missing gridlines.

And live servers are not our battlefield, just beta. I think that battles can be played manually, it needs just much more concentration to do it :D. I just did it :).

Sorry people if I sound soooo happy, but this bug was torturing us for such a long time, so Im just simply very happy today :)

DeletedUser

:) finally this ugly bug showed her real face and is everywhere so we don't need repro steps to confirm it. Just go to battlefield and see that you are missing gridlines.

And live servers are not our battlefield, just beta. I think that battles can be played manually, it needs just much more concentration to do it :D. I just did it :).

Sorry people if I sound soooo happy, but this bug was torturing us for such a long time, so Im just simply very happy today :)

@Tajanstvena Glad you've found it :) and I hope it will get fixed soon now.

Could you please tell us how you managed to still battle without grid lines?
If tried, but if any of my units can't directly hit an enemy in one move, I can't seem to move them at all :(
With the event running, and the need for relics, this is a real pain in the *****

DeletedUser

I really hope that this bug is fixed soon, because trying to fight without a grid line is hell :mad:
And I just saw the spoiler list for the Event. I will never ever be able to finish this with this bug going on :(:(:(:(:(

DeletedUser1771

Dear Ritsel,

it is possible to move your units, just click where you want them. Try few times to click f you dont succeed from the first time. Unfortunately you cant be precise without grid. I fought again to gain relics for the event, it was hard but I managed. I also hope that this will be fixed very soon. I dont know if this bug is related with invisible units bug, for which we still dont have repro steps and that is another bad ugly bug cause it doesnt happen 5/5 and it is hard to reproduce.
I know that I didnt help you much, but that is all I can do as a mod.

DeletedUser

Dear Ritsel,

it is possible to move your units, just click where you want them. Try few times to click f you dont succeed from the first time. Unfortunately you cant be precise without grid. I fought again to gain relics for the event, it was hard but I managed. I also hope that this will be fixed very soon. I dont know if this bug is related with invisible units bug, for which we still dont have repro steps and that is another bad ugly bug cause it doesnt happen 5/5 and it is hard to reproduce.
I know that I didnt help you much, but that is all I can do as a mod.

@Tajanstvena Yes, I tried to do that, but it is really cumbersome and I made so many mistakes, that my losses of units are becoming to severe to continue with this tournament :(:(:(

Don't worry, I know you can't fix it, I'm already very thankful that you've found the cause ;)

DeletedUser724

It is a super BIG JOKE to me

we need the grid line becos we are doing manual fight

with the "light-up gridbox" and "soldier movement"
we move our soldier away from enemy hit-range
re-position our soldier in better position

we also need to move our soldier into better attack spot and avoid hit by enemy

The Battle cannot be played manually
a "no-loss battle" become a bitter-win ( lost a lot of soldiers ).... all becos I do not know how far i am away from enemy soldier and cannot find "attack position", landscape issue...etc

Please return the Gridbox to player immediately

DeletedUser724

To me it looks more and more that this bug is account related.
I don't have this problem on my main live account on the Dutch server, but a few weeks back I started a new city on live to test some things. I noticed then that I had the same problem in this small city with the missing gird lines. Can't test it any more now, because this small test city is already gone.

My large city on live is my first account, beta was 2nd. Don't know if this info is relevant.

the update is not yet in game world

so game world has no problem

only beta world missing grid line

if your game world has any problem, just refresh browser..or re-boot computer
everything will back to normal

DeletedUser

it wasnt even forwarded to developers yet

You're killing me. I'm about to hit quest
76) 32 Relics

And soon I will be closing in on:
90) 40 relics AND 99) 50 relics

Can I get some extra keys as compensation please????

DeletedUser607

@Tajanstvena Glad you've found it :) and I hope it will get fixed soon now.

Could you please tell us how you managed to still battle without grid lines?
If tried, but if any of my units can't directly hit an enemy in one move, I can't seem to move them at all :(
With the event running, and the need for relics, this is a real pain in the *****

actually, that's not so complicated.

first hover above all your units, until you see the "end move" cursor. that's the unit that will move. then, make it go into the direction you want to go. tedious, but it works.

usually I just do it until I'm confident that the fight script will win the battle... (take out the mage, take out the archer, etc)

DeletedUser

actually, that's not so complicated.

first hover above all your units, until you see the "end move" cursor. that's the unit that will move. then, make it go into the direction you want to go. tedious, but it works.

usually I just do it until I'm confident that the fight script will win the battle... (take out the mage, take out the archer, etc)

@Juni I've tried that, it does sort of work but it takes me at least twice as long to finish my rounds in the tournaments. It's very tedious indeed, and mistakes are way to easily made. For me this is certainly not the way to "have fun" in the game :mad: