• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [19086] Mobile - NH not working properly for cities at the center of the map

Preator

Game version: 1.41.1
Game world: Beta 1
Browser/IOS/Android + version: Android 7.0
Flash Player version: N/A
Operating System: __
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Account name: Preator
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 5/5

Quest title: N/A

Current situation:
Neighborly Help on the players in the center(*) of the map doesn't work properly. After tapping NH button, the Neighborly Help window opens. Whatever help (Main Hall, Builder's Hut, Cultural Building) you choose and tap, the window does not close. Also you don't get any coins for NH. When tapping the close button of NH window, it closes and you can see that you were able to help. But the coins are the same as before giving NH. I don't know if the target player actually received the help or not.
Edit: It appears that I couldn't help at all. Look at the very last screenshot.

(*) In the json files, "r" value (which corresponds to x coordinate as i can see) is zero for all the "affected" cities. Well, actually there isn't any r value defined for these cities at all (Look at the last screenshot). But it should be zero if existed. The same behaviour might occur for q equals zero (y coordinate = 0) cities as well. But I can't verify that because the vertical center of the map doesn't fall within my neighbourhood.

Expected situation:
The NH to work properly for all the cities.

Reproduction Steps
Login mobile.
2. Open World Map.
3. Find a city in the horizontal or vertical center of the map which you can give NH.
4. Tap the city name and handshake icon to open the NH window.
5. Try to give NH (does not matter MH, BH or Cultural).
6. Observe that nothing happens, no increase in coins, no closing of the NH window.
7. Tap the "Close" icon and close NH window.
8. Observe that the target city seems to have received NH already.
9. Observe that the coin amount is the same as the amount before giving NH.
Steps added after editing:
Tap the home icon and go back to the city.
11. Open World Map again.
12. Observe that the target city can be helped now, so not given help in steps 4-7.

Screenshots of the bug:
Before giving NH:
fEhuvI4.jpg

Neighborly Help Window, this window does not close even you try to give help:
SAj8giP.png

After trying to give NH and closing NH window. NH countdown is there, indicating that I did give help. But coins amount is still the same:
S91aL3p.jpg

for the first (unaffected) player:
q=51
r=2
for the second (affected) player:
q=51
r=?? there is no r (but should be equal to zero if existed)
41zy2Pq.png

Screenshot added after editing:
szB4igz.png

Additional information:
The behaviour differs based on the sequence of NH I give. The screenshots and the reproduction steps are based on one scenario (given help to all the "unaffected" cities, logged off, logged in, given help to one of the "affected" cities).
For instance, if the city next to the affected city has not already been given help, then after closing the NH window I don't see the affected city as helped. In that case, trying to give NH again results in "Something went wrong" error.
Different scenarios can result in different outcomes.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1777

This report is quite technical and I don't understand most of it :D
But I have experienced too, something doesn't work properly with NH at all.

Sometimes I have a Player in my notifications, where the game freezes when tap and the NH window opens. I think it might happen, when somenone else is visiting at the same time. After a while the game offers me to send a report (what I do sometimes, but not all of the times, because it strikes my nerves).
Anyway, I close and open the App again, but this certain player can't get NH anymore, always getting the same error. It only works with browser then (and the next day it works with the app smoothly).

Another issue is, some players (not always the same), get my help in app, but a few hours later I see in browser they are possible to receive NH. As I combine NH usually with get 200k coins & 2x advanced tools, I know I get the coins for visiting the player - so somehow the game doesn't recognized the NH correct.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
So Preator,

i tried reproducing this by buffing the player at the center (0,0) and his 4 neighbours (who all have a 0). All these players i could buff without a problem.

When i moved down the line and started buffing along the 0 axes, i did suddenly get the same behavior as you decribed.
after a few bugged townss, i get the message: oops something went wrong!

I tried reproducing this again by doing the exact same thing, but then it all went fine.

So i dont think this is a bug related to the 0 axes on the world map, but a bug that sometimes happens while buffing. If it was related to 0-axes i would expect it to be reproducable every time.

So my question is, do other people get this kind of behavior aswell? while buffing on the app?
Or do you have another way you can reproduce this everytime putting it at 5/5 ?

Preator

These are my neighbors which lie at the horizontal center of the map:
earl57
woody69
Jugger29
breogan 13
Olenenok
SGTFuinha
Wildfire
Arkon

Everytime I try to help these players, I experience what I described in the reproduction steps. With all my other neighbors, NH runs smoothly.

So, it's indeed 5/5 for me.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
its more like 3/5 to me, but am able to confirm that theres something wrong with these players on the 0 axes

reproduction steps.

* find the players on the 0 axes.
* buff them on mobile app. (dont start with 0,0, but take some other players on the axes)
* notice the popup for nh doesnt dissapear, and you also dont get the coins (and hammers)
* upon closing the popup manually, notice that the timer is running as if you buffed correctly

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
finally managed to test this fix and it looks good. But i assume you allready noticed that a while ago :)
Sorry i dont have mobile for these kinds of bugs so i dont test app bugs often

Ashrem

@Kersepitje you may wish to investigate the Bluestacks android emulator for Windows. It does an excellent job, and testing Elvenar mobile is easy with it.

DeletedUser1777

:( Don't want to disturb your "bug-fixing-party" but I have an almost 5/5 when I try to visit a player in my FS
Thanks
by App.

The game freezes every time I try to do NH, last happened yesterday in the evening. Maybe it has something to do with nothing else than MH possible, as the player seems to be inactive for a while now.
With browser it works smoothly (did the NH there then).

I will skip this player for further visits for a while, maybe someone of the Q&A will try to test the NH with my account?

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
:( Don't want to disturb your "bug-fixing-party" but I have an almost 5/5 when I try to visit a player in my FS
Thanks
by App.

The game freezes every time I try to do NH, last happened yesterday in the evening. Maybe it has something to do with nothing else than MH possible, as the player seems to be inactive for a while now.
With browser it works smoothly (did the NH there then).

I will skip this player for further visits for a while, maybe someone of the Q&A will try to test the NH with my account?

Is that only on mobile or also on browser? This player also isnt on the 0 axis tho, so it wouldnt fall under this bug anyway ;)

This player isnt inactive tho, i see a lot of logins in the past days. tho its just an alt account of someone higher in ranking so maybe he/she doesnt play it alot.

As a QA mod i cant login on your account to test things, but if you make a support ticket then support can check in on your account.

DeletedUser1777

Is that only on mobile or also on browser? This player also isnt on the 0 axis tho, so it wouldnt fall under this bug anyway ;)

As a QA mod i cant login on your account to test things, but if you make a support ticket then support can check in on your account.

It happens only mobile, no problem with my browsers.
I already mentioned earlier, the technical explanation with 0 axis is beyond my understanding - good to know the player isn't on it :D

I will create a Ticket, didn't know you don't have the same possibility's as the support team :)

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
support mods can change things, enter your city and do a lot of cool stuff.
A QA mods can do all this on our own testserver, where we try to reproduce the bugs, but on the real beta server we are not allowed to, we can only see the logs.

Sometimes im in luck tho and i can test something on the real beta server with my own personal beta account, but in this case i can't, that player you have issues with is to far from my own account to be able to buff