• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Cannot reproduce [17724] FF 55.0.2 / left mouse problems

DeletedUser

A fellow FS member reported this first but now it looks like I'm also having the same issue. I just updated to Firefox 55.0.2 and somehow the left mouse button ain't working properly sometimes, have to reload a lot to get it working again. Also performance really is really bad in 55.0.2 Don't think it is an Elvenar problem per se since the same problem also occurs on the live server (NL1). o_O

You have to have at least 2 session to Elvenar open, one to beta and one to live for this problem to occur. If in one session the left mouse won't work, the other session is working fine. If you do a reload in the bad session the left mouse might work again but then it won't work in the other, previous good session. :eek:

Game version: v1.37-(c07f56521) (2017-08-16 17:06) / v1.36.2-(f86b77bfc) (2017-08-17 7:09)
Game world: zz1 / nl1
Browser + version: Firefox 55.0.2 32-bit
Flash Player version: 26.0.0.151
Operating System: W7 x64 Enterprise
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Account name: Lord Soth

Humans or Elves: Elves

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser724

In fact
when using FF, the whole mouse do not work

when I using chrome
it cannot have 3 window, once with 3 window, only 1 to 2 window can work

even with 2 windows
sometime, it freeze

do not know ...what is happening...
it is not me have the same issue
some other players in game world....have some similar issue
mouse button do not work...

no idea whether it is browser issue ( both FF and chrome has problem, FF is more serious ) or game issues

DeletedUser

I've removed the 32-bit version of Firefox and installed the 64-bit version, seems to be working better now.

DeletedUser1677

Will write my answer to the other thread here too, to collect it a bit :)

"I have the same problem.
BUT the same happens at Forge of Empires. So I fear that it's a browser/java problem.
My problem startet today, after my firefox browser updated to 55.0.2

I do hope that it's something that innogames can fix, so we don't have to wait for firefox to fix it "

Marindor

We're doing our best to see if there's something we can do as a workaround until Mozilla has fixed it on their side, but we have no information on that yet. When we do, we will let you know in this thread :)

Dony

King of Bugs
i didnt notice any diference in performance with FF 55.0.2, everything runs smooth as before, i have graphic in city set to low tho

DeletedUser1677

i didnt notice any diference in performance with FF 55.0.2, everything runs smooth as before, i have graphic in city set to low tho
My graphics is set to low too :)
(and I still got the problem)

Dony

King of Bugs
my nvidia drivers updated automaticly back then without me approving it, i didnt even knew i had new one until i investigated;)

DeletedUser1677

my nvidia drivers updated automaticly back then without me approving it, i didnt even knew i had new one until i investigated;)
I do it by myself, after having problems with updating too fast, after updates was released :)

DeletedUser

...So I fear that it's a browser/java problem.
My problem startet today, after my firefox browser updated to 55.0.2...
Elvenar doesn't use Java so that won't be the problem.
Which version of FF are you using, 32-bit or 64 bit ?

@Dony, same question for you: 32 or 64 bit ?

DeletedUser1677

Elvenar doesn't use Java so that won't be the problem.
Which version of FF are you using, 32-bit or 64 bit ?

@Dony, same question for you: 32 or 64 bit ?

32 bit

I wondered why I did'nt used 64 bit.
"Note that 64 bit Firefox versions on a 64 bit Windows platform will only support the Shockwave Flash plugin. If you need support for other plugins (Java or media players) then you need to stay with 32 bit Firefox versions."
Looks like that's why :)

Dont remember what I use java for in my browser.

(I'm not that tech-nerdy btw :p )

DeletedUser

I haven't installed Java at all because of it's many security issues and don't miss it, everything works. :) So if you don't need java try installing Firefox again. First download the Firefox installer, then uninstall the 32-bit version, remove C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox also and then run the installer. Since version 55.x Firefox will install the 64-bit version on a clean system. I everything goes OK you won't need to reinstall any add-ons since those are stored in your user profile.

DeletedUser1677

Just changed from firefox 32-bit to firefox 64-bit, and that worked! :D