• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [15898] Invisible buildings

lika1961

1. Game version: __v1.29-(93a347474) (2017-04-20 7:49)
  2. Game world: __Beta
    Browser + version: __Edge
    Flash Player version: __
    Operating System: __Windows 10
    Screen resolution: __
    Account name: __lika1961
    Humans or Elves: __Human

Reproducibility: _?_/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: __ (if applicable)

Current situation:
    Some Ancient Wonders and culture buildings are invisible

Expected situation:
    Should be able to see all buildings. It happens to random buildings - the screenshot is from the city of Bramblerose

Reproduction Steps
    __Visit city
    2. __Look for invisible buildings
    3. __
    4. __
    5. __

Add more steps if needed. Include only ONE action for each step!

Screenshots of the bug:
    (add as many screenshots as you need)

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 186

DeletedUser1075

I am seeing this as well on Chrome browser. Buildings are either invisible, or only partially rendered. It's disconcerting to see. While doing the NH rounds, I saw this on nearly every visit. So I'd give it 5/5 for consistency.

DeletedUser1681

I am seeing this as well on Chrome browser. Buildings are either invisible, or only partially rendered. It's disconcerting to see. While doing the NH rounds, I saw this on nearly every visit. So I'd give it 5/5 for consistency.
I've encountered this on my NH round also. Using Chrome.
One building that seemed to be consistently invisible was "phoenix cult" - strangely enough I could see it in my own city, but not in other cities.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
So far, ive been unable to reproduce this.
Can you check how much memory your chrome is using and how much available you have when this occurs.

I think this is cause by a memory leak in flash player, which causes flash (or chrome where its embedded) to use too much memory.

Closing chrome completely and restarting might solve it then.

Last edited:

lika1961

Since I don't use Chrome, I will leave it to Grace and Heffernan to respond to your question.

This issue seems to have resolved itself and I no longer see it happening.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Since I don't use Chrome, I will leave it to Grace and Heffernan to respond to your question.

This issue seems to have resolved itself and I no longer see it happening.
Sorry i didnt mean to ignore you by not mentioning Edge.
To be honest i dont know exactly how Edge works, if it uses an embedded flash player or not. So thats why i didnt give any info about Edge.

I think this is a memory problem (which is browser unrelated).
If you want to simulate a high memory usage, you can go visit a lot of neighbours (even undiscovered ones). Each time you visit someone the game seems to use a bit more memory. I suspect when you do this, you will see the issue again.

That being said, if it indeed is a memory issue, i dont think the devs can do much about it (inherent to flash), they can make it a bit better by making the game use less memory, but the same issue will keep existing it will just take a bit longer till you notice it.

So please prove me wrong by finding some exact reproduction steps so we can exclude memory problem, because then the dev can fix this :)

lika1961

No worries - I believe the flash player is integrated with Edge.

I understand your point, but I visit quite a lot of neighbours every day and have not seen it again. It happened directly after the last update, which immediately made me assume that it was a bug. Not to say we always get bugs after updates :D

I will keep an eye on it and report back if it happens again.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
thank, will mark it as cannot reproduce and move it to the archive now. If it happens again just reply here again

DeletedUser2003

could you sent me the playername in an forum message? then ill check him out myself
I have 3 of these cities with no MH in my little world map. I sent a ticket to support part of which read "I've never seen this before...I cleared my browser AND Flash caches and rebooted computer, still no MH. Strange. Any way to help me? Thanks, ~Aramina". I was told "Could you please try clearing your browser's cache and your Flash cache? You can use this guide (click) if you need to know how to do that." Let's just say support was not able to help me with this. This is what these cities still look like today (player names in city name boxes), and I sent that ticket on 8 April 2017. Thank you :)
player-288458.jpg Player-4c189d's City.jpgWizard881's City.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Not completely sure the main halls are tied to the original report of lika.
But i can confirm those players dont have a main hall visible while do they do have one according to the server.

So im letting this one being fixed, in the hopes it also fixes the original one.

DeletedUser2003

Not completely sure the main halls are tied to the original report of lika.
But i can confirm those players dont have a main hall visible while do they do have one according to the server.

So im letting this one being fixed, in the hopes it also fixes the original one.
Thank you Kersepitje! :)

DeletedUser

Mine has gone too, I logged on to find only half my city there, then a refresh which caused only a couplee of buildings to be visable and after a cache clear and second refresh I have no city there???
All since this mornings update.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Rinear the loading of citys is indeed a problem since todays update, and the devs are allready working on it, to fix it later today.

DeletedUser1909

Had that issue earlier, clearing cache on browser fixed it.
Also logged off and on too.