• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [13278] Neighborly help

Marindor

Hi everyone,

Thank you for letting us know. We're still missing exact reproduction steps, cause, common factors etcetera so if you could please help us as much as possible with finding these, that would be very much appreciated!

Sir Squirrel

Not sure, but I have received help from 4 FS members and 2 neighbors (in the last 6 hours) and only 2 helps are working. It is possible that the two that worked are my neighbors? It is hard to keep track who helped what as all my culture are cyclones at the moment. That and players can only help once a day and help at different times of the day. I will try to keep an eye out if my neighbors help stays tomorrow.

DeletedUser

Hi everyone,

Thank you for letting us know. We're still missing exact reproduction steps, cause, common factors etcetera so if you could please help us as much as possible with finding these, that would be very much appreciated!

I have the idea that all cultural buildings want a street connection at the moment. Even the ones that don't require a street connection. My 3 Temple of Ages don't have a street connection and won't count for culture bonus. Some other cultural building do have a street connection (by change) and those do count.

Lifting up one Temple of Ages (I don't have room to place them somewhere else) and placing it back, did kick in the polishing, but it's impossible to keep this up for every cultural building every time you receive NH

DeletedUser283

I do not think so;
most of my culture consists of weeping willows that require a street connection, and I have less active bonuses than received help

sunrae

Hi, I have just logged on this afternoon and have received help from two fs members and one neighbour and none of them have registered on culture bonus. No hands either. One of them is on a street and the other two are not.:( I have asked for help to Main Hall until this bug is fixed. I have logged out and in but no difference.
The number is b98e6ffad.

Arayla

I wrote yesterday that only morning to early afternoon (US east coast time) neighborly help provided the culture bonus.

As of last night, the pattern has reversed. Help I received last night provided a culture bonus. This morning, no culture.

I tried to connect a road but that does not help. I reloaded the game. I tried to move the buildings but that does not help. I reloaded the game. Right now, I have no way to get the culture bonus unless it is within some imprecise and changing window of time.

I do expect that help added this afternoon will provide the bonus since help this morning does not. I'll update again later.

@Marindor - what specific information would be more helpful to the devs? I would be happy to provide it.

DeletedUser1250

About 1 hour ago, my mysterious magic egg was polished. The egg doesn't show that though and the help doesn't count. It was polished many times today, which should not be possible.
I am sorry I can't tell you why it doesn't work, nor do I know how to reproduce it. I have reloaded, but that didn't help. Only on this page already 4 people who polished it.

bug magic egg.png

DeletedUser1833

We're still missing exact reproduction steps, cause, common factors etcetera
Exact Reproduction Steps ...
  • wait until Notifications indicates someone has polished one of your culture buildings
  • look for hands icon over the (supposedly) polished building : not there
  • hover over the (supposedly) polished building : no mention of neighbourly help in the hover popup
  • check Culture Bonus in top bar : no report of any neighbourly help (at all)

Cause ...
  • Umm ... I think that's your job, not mine?

Common Factors ...
  • it happens to my culture buildings; I can't say about the Builders Hut or Main Hall because they haven't been "helped" within the last 8 hours.
  • it happens to my Flurry event building (Snowy charming Tree), Phoenix event building (Burning Egg), and my normal building (Temple of Ages). Those are the only 3 buildings polished within the last 8 hours (according to Notifications, and the Snowy Charming Tree was apparently polished twice in less than 3 hours).
  • Moving the building around has no remedial effect, ie. it does not magically become polished again, regardless of [not] being connected to a path; and reloading does not change anything.
  • I have completed the Phoenix event's non-daily quests (no idea if/why it could possibly have any impact, but it's the only thing out of the ordinary).

Bramblerose

Again, 10 friends visited me to help and all 10 NB do not count that is already 1 week, now is also still weekend ... many thanks:(
I now have minus 100%:eek::mad::confused:

Arayla

Exact Reproduction Steps ...
Common Factors ...
  • it happens to my culture buildings; I can't say about the Builders Hut or Main Hall because they haven't been "helped" within the last 8 hours.
  • it happens to my Flurry event building (Snowy charming Tree), Phoenix event building (Burning Egg), and my normal building (Temple of Ages). Those are the only 3 buildings polished within the last 8 hours (according to Notifications, and the Snowy Charming Tree was apparently polished twice in less than 3 hours).
  • Moving the building around has no remedial effect, ie. it does not magically become polished again, regardless of [not] being connected to a path; and reloading does not change anything.
  • I have completed the Phoenix event's non-daily quests (no idea if/why it could possibly have any impact, but it's the only thing out of the ordinary).

It happens to all my culture buildings - event/no production (Burning Egg), event/production (orc strategist), and ordinary (whispering trees and flying boat).

It happens when they are spelled (EE) and when they are not spelled.

It happens to those connected to a path and to those not connected.

If a culture building should have a bonus effect (it was buffed within the last 8 hours) but it doesn't and a different building gets buffed and the buff works for that building, the broken/buffed building does not change to show the bonus that should be in effect. In other words, if it isn't turned on when the neighbor gives help, it will not turn on simply by the time changing to the time period when help does work.

It does not ever happen to my Main Hall or my Builders Hut. They have correctly given help regardless of time of day.

I have been participating in the Phoenix event, but this bug began for me before I placed any new event buildings. I have not finished the non-daily quests yet.

DeletedUser1909

I have had the burning egg polished 6 times in 3 hrs, moved it to a street connection, still occurs.
Only clickable culture buildings are effected.
MH and Builder work fine,

Recurrence 95% of the time.
Please fix this before it goes live, or you will have a lot of tickets to answer...

The only NH's that have counted today is MH & Builder except 1 culture.

Screenshot_4.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Arayla

Continuing the details provided above...

No neighborly help worked on culture buildings today until I placed the Sculpture of Phoenix at about 10:45 pm EST and it was buffed at 10:56 pm and it worked.

At 11:30 pm EST, the Burning Egg which did not work earlier today has just been buffed and the culture bonus worked.

Last edited:

Dony

King of Bugs
Exact reproduction steps.
1. have you builder hut with maximum amount of NH (if you have builder hut level 4, you need 4x NH on builder hut)
2. since builder hut is full every other polishing of culture building is considered over maximum and is ignored

work around: make sure you dont get any NH on your builder hut to prevent it being full, if you are already on full burn all charges, if you receive NH on builder hut use it as soon as possible, this will result that all your culture building will work again with NH until your builder hut is full again

DeletedUser1250

Sounds nice, but does this work for the eggs too? because I have had no help on my builders last days at all (checked the notification menu) and because I am still upgrading everything, my builders would have been used, if they were motivated, which they weren't. And I got a lot of help on the eggs which didn't work.

Edit:
Maybe this must have been it, my myserious egg got helped now and someone else can't click on it anymore.

I guess my builders were motivated thursday morning, although I didn't ask for that. The notifications don't go back so far. Due to the long upgrading times of the manufactories and such, the bulders hut must have been full yesterday.

DeletedUser1909

So far seems to work.

Thanks Dory :D

Unfortunately I can't hide my builder on a tiny city...:rolleyes:

My burning egg is polished along with the mysterious magic egg. Neither were working before.

Arayla

I was so excited to use @Dony's workaround, but it only partially worked for me.

My Burning Egg was buffed at 12:10 pm EST, but did not give any culture bonus. I made sure to use up 1 of my Builder Hut boosts beforehand.

My Orc Strategist was buffed at 1:38 pm EST and it did give the culture bonus.

My Spot of Whispering Trees with EE spell was buffed at 1:45 pm EST but did not give any culture bonus.

Last edited: