• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [12960] Internal error when I aid a neighbour.

DeletedUser1681

Those who cause the error for me are new(ish) maybe not played for long and some seem to be "moved" from elsewhere, not been around (in my neighbourhood) longer than a month maybe. I have been doing my neighbourhood round for over half a year now this has just started to happen, first ones yesterday, today 3-4 more and they definately don't seem to be very active. Did they maybe do some changes in the way the mainhall behaves in last update - just started happening everywhere at the same time so if the mainhall would be "full" should have been happening earlier too.

Elderflower

Those who cause the error for me are new(ish) maybe not played for long and some seem to be "moved" from elsewhere, not been around (in my neighbourhood) longer than a month maybe. I have been doing my neighbourhood round for over half a year now this has just started to happen, first ones yesterday, today 3-4 more and they definately don't seem to be very active. Did they maybe do some changes in the way the mainhall behaves in last update - just started happening everywhere at the same time so if the mainhall would be "full" should have been happening earlier too.
I agree. If it was just the Main Hall filling up it would long ago have affected a whole lot of my neighbours who have gone inactive and cleared their city entirely apart from the builder, the Main Hall and the trader. Maybe new players' Main Halls react differently to those of players from long ago.

I can add
DeadPoule
to the list today and
ralani
who quit the game a couple of months ago

Last edited:

DeletedUser1817

I think we all agree this is unlikely that it could just be the MH "filling up", considering the various cases where it happens (some very new players, less than two weeks in our FS member case, but also much older ones, like some reported by @Midnightsidhe and @Flabbes, some completely inactive ones, but also more active ones, who would not likely let their treasury overflow; also the problem does not touch some cities completely inactive since a very long time...). At the contrary, it is very likely to be linked to a recent modification to the code handling help received by the MH, because it started to appear one or two days after version 1.23 was released.

Today our FS member causing the problem (who is also @Elderflower's original neighbor) appears to have reconnected (his ongoing constructions finished themselves), however briefly (he did not take part to the chat or left any message).
valgamis
Attempting to help his MH, several fellowship members reported new occurrences of the issue. It also failed for me when I tried. I have sent him, as an in-game message, a request for elements on his MH precise situation to try figuring out new hints. No reply yet.

Also, one of our members, who had encountered the issue when trying to help the MH of one of her neighbors, had new interesting developments:
Antigone70 connected back and replied to maxine48, who had encountered the issue trying to help the MH in her city, yesterday. If I have correctly understood, it seems that even though the help attempt appeared to have failed on maxine48's end, Antigone70 found a corresponding notification in her list.
Furthermore, after they had exchanged messages and thus Antigone70 has been connected for some time, maxine48 tried again donating to Antigone70's MH and could successfully do so.

So, it really seems that, when connecting, players whose cities are affected can do something that will remove the error condition, but just connecting is not enough...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1777

Antigone70 connected back and replied to maxine48, who had encountered the issue trying to help the MH in her city, yesterday. If I have correctly understood, it seems that even though the help attempt appeared to have failed on maxine48's end, Antigone70 found a corresponding notification in her list.
Furthermore, after they had exchanged messages and thus Antigone70 has been connected for some time, maxine48 tried again donating to Antigone70's MH and could successfully do so.

I've written myself to Antigone70 yesterday, he/she told me the MH is showing only the amount for 1 NH but when clicked much more coins are credited. Maybe this information helps the devs to investigate the issue. I could hit the MH yesterday without any trouble.

(I'm adding / collecting my daily MH expieriences in my first post in order not to overflow this thread)

DeletedUser1917

It worked fine for me up until today when I tried to assist their MH. I can give to culture and Builders, but it's only MH here.

Elderflower

Also today
distain, MagicSky7 and princessyes2002
new players who only appeared about a week or so ago. I could give their Main Halls Neighbourly Help before but now cannot.
And
Vina and esprid
who I mentioned in an earlier post as ones who had quit the game and closed down their cities but were still able to receive Neighbourly Help on their Main Halls. Today they give the error too.
And
MatthewFOX
who left the game on 21 January 2017

Last edited:

DeletedUser1920

Happening in my fellowship too. At least 4 of my 11 members (counting myself) have all had stream errors every time we try to donate to a specific player in our fellowship.

ETA 2/16: I have now checked in with most of my fellowship. Seven of us are having this crash-reload error when donating to a specific member. The other three I haven't heard back from, but I'm assuming they're having the same issue. We're all still pretty low level players in this realm.

Another Edit (2/19): This has now spread to at least two of my neighbors.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1817

Today, our FS member (who is also @Elderflower's original neighbor) was still causing the problem for me and other members.
valgamis

Also, the problem appeared in the cities of 3 of my neighbors (quite advanced ones, chapter VII or more, but not very active currently - assesment based on the returned help, without fellowship or in medium size ones) who have requested a donation on their MH as their preferred help method:
Momie0, KrachBummEnte and Kyttycat

This would tend to indicate the problem might be linked to the number of donations received since MAJ 1.23 release, without having been collected: it appeared rapidly on members of big, quite active fellowship, from an active neighborhood (who are likely to receive a high average number of donations per day), much more slowly on members of smaller, less active fellowships, whose reduced activity level might not induce a high help rate from their neighborhood (who are likely to receive a much lower average number of donations per day).

DeletedUser1877

The last post ( ChristobaldusMagnus) leads me to a new thought: Could it be as simple as the CUMULATIVE total of uncollected help exceeds the variable type used?

For non coders: there is a box where coins donated get stored until they are collected. maybe the box used was too small.

DeletedUser1817

The strange thing there is that, until recently, the variable used to store the "Bonus coins" stack in previous versions (I am not even sure if they store the actual stack value or the number of donations, as 1 donation is always worth 1% of your coin storage capacity) was definitely large enough, as I have seen examples (MH hint screenshots) where the "Bonus coins" stack could be about twice the size of the Coin storage (which was triggering another question: is that normal, in such cases, that you could loose so much when collecting?)...

Why would they have changed the type of variable used :(? And, if it was so simple, I would imagine they would already have nailed it down and fixed it ;)...

Elderflower

I do wish they'd hurry up and sort this out. I am finding more and more cities that close the game and restart when I go on the rounds of Neighbourly Help. It has gotten so I am afraid to donate to a Main Hall even when the player wants me to, in case I get the error. It takes me quite some time to get around to all my neighbours and all this crashing and restarting wastes such a lot of time.