• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [12960] Internal error when I aid a neighbour.

Elderflower

Game version: v1.23.4-(785f9e5) (2017-02-09 10:50)
Game world: Beta
Browser + version: Mozilla Firefox
Flash Player version: 24.0.0.194
Operating System: Windows 7 home premium
Screen resolution: 1366 x 768
Account name: Elderflower
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 5/5 today

Quest title: __ (if applicable)

Current situation: There is one neighbour that gives me an error message and resets the game every time I try to aid him today.

Expected situation: Like all the other neighbours I should have no problem when aiding them.

Reproduction Steps

1 visit this one neighbour and donate to their Main Hall

2 Error message appears
aid error.jpg

DeletedUser1817

Same error, which caused the game to crash and reload, when trying to help one of my fellowship members. Other members reported the same issue.

Looking at your screenshot, it might very well be the same city... So, as it may be relevant to reproduce the issue, it occurred trying to help this FS member:
valgamis

Last edited by a moderator:

Elderflower

Yes. Same here. I didn't like to name the player directly. Maybe other people have found a problem with other players.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1777

In our FS we have the same problem. It seems only to appear when I try to hit the MH, culture is working fine so far. And we are having the problem with different players, while for me player a + b don't work, for others it is c + d and the can hit the MH at a+b o_O

The only pattern for us seems to be the MH

DeletedUser1767

Our fellowship has about the same. I could hit everyone's MH (who asked for it) except one person, and at least two others had the same problem with the same city, but I think some of the others are having problems with more people.

Elderflower

I don't know if this is significant but my own MH is in the middle of an upgrade at the moment. However I was able to donate to other people's main halls even so.

Marindor

Thanks for the report everyone. Is this only happening to one player or can someone reproduce it with other players as well? In that case we could look for the common factor that could cause this :)

DeletedUser1777

I don't like to point out players, but in this case it had to be, at least I will use the spoiler to keep them a little bit private

I'll edit the daily errors in spoiler instead of creating a new post
I couldn't hit the MH with the account evelyntest at:
- wournos
- Merkus Vermoot

Other players of FS reported the issue in chat yesterday around 16.00
Midnightsidhe, Oakblades, Mollygirl couldn't hit MH
- ARTUR78
I had no problem with his MH yesterday around 23.50

Today the upon mentioned players were no problem, therefore at 23.55
- Soggy Shorts

12.02.- 23.35
couldn't hit MH
- Atdeathsgate

13.02. - 22.55
couldn't hit MH
- Soggy Shorts
- Merkus Vermoot

14.02. - 22.48
couldn't hit MH
- Atdeathsgate
- Merkus Vermoot
- torque00

Account Flabbes 13.02.:
couldn't hit MH
- Antigone70
don't think it's "full" because player visits me regulary and did it last (6 hours ago) this afternoon

Interesting
someone told Antigone70 there is an issue with the MH, you can see it in city name - but I was able to hit the MH

DeletedUser283

I had the issue twice, and finally it passed
player Ophion, Main Hall

DeletedUser118

We have one inside our fellowship as well where that happens:

LouiseLynn

DeletedUser1877

Silly of me, I'm sure, but won't server logs indicate what the error is/was? Provide time and date of the problem, and hey presto!

DeletedUser1777

won't server logs indicate what the error is/was?
As far as I know, only if you know in advance this might be an error which will happen and you have prepared an error message which is helpful^^

What do you think how many error messages would have been to be reviewed when they log all of them?
Do you know the Windows message "an unexpected error occourd" not very helpful at all :D

This game is under construction all the time, I'm happy the devs don't waiste their time to create error messages instead of hunting bugs and implement new (not necessary better) content :rolleyes:

Sorry for being off topic

DeletedUser1817

New try on the same player in my fellowship about 1 minute ago, still causing the same error.

His city is a human one, quite small (likely still in chapter I of the research tree), only had two buildings which could potentially be helped: MH and B (appears already at full help). So the only option for help actually was MH.

Would you see common characteristics with other cities where this happens?

DeletedUser1722

I have the same problem when i try to help 3 different players in my fellowship.

DeletedUser1771

I could also reproduce this with one of my neighbours. And I don't see common factor for now :(.

DeletedUser736

It happened to me for 2 person in me fellowship. It's two account I suspect are being inactive. One of the player is away for personal reason, and the other one looks inactive. Maybe their hall is "full"? Maybe on inactive account, once a certain amount is given into the main hall without being collected, it cause the issue?

DeletedUser1817

It is true that our fellowship member causing the error does not appear to have connected since at least few days (upgrade of 2 residences from level 2 to 3 still "ongoing").

I would not really say he is really "inactive" though, as I do not think it is more than one week since we last saw him and he has joined the fellowship (so was definitely still active) quite recently (I would say less than two weeks ago)...

But, considering that the 24 other members of our fellowship are quite active, that some of his neighbors, like @Elderflower, contributed to help him, and that help options on his city are very limited (Builder's Hut or Main Hall), it still would be possible that his MH received the 100 help actions required to fill his Bonus Coins stack up to the size of his treasury in only a few days (4 to 6 days).

Until now, I am sure it was not an issue to do that, but if something has changed in the related code, it could be a track to explore...

Marindor

Thank you guys! We have now forwarded the report, but should you have any common factors or new names that haven't been mentioned yet, please let us know. The more info we have, the better we can investigate. Thank you for your help!

Elderflower

I also just tried again with my original neighbour and had the same error message.
I do have several other neighbours
esprid, Absol, Vina
who have been inactive for a very long time. I can give neighbourly help to their Main Halls without any errors.