• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [12946] NH icon in notification screen shows incorrectly

DeletedUser1250

This still isn't fixed. I was looking for any update on this issue, but the last post is from almost 3 weeks ago or am I missing something? I have this bug on the live (dutch) server too.

DeletedUser1250

Well, I guess something is wrong. I have: v1.26-(40a76de07) (2017-03-20 15:51)

This thread says it is fixed and so say the release notes ( Neighbourly Help hands now show the right colors again.), so why do I still see the wrong colors? Shouldn't the hands be golden if someone helped me today? One is golden and the others aren't. I just made this screenshot.

NH help notification.png

Elderflower

I saw the same yesterday too. I didn't take a screen shot, but basically I am seeing that people who have helped me recently show green hands while someone who helped me a few hours before are still showing gold.
Updating this afternoon to show a screen shot that confirms what Anne65 has said. I no longer find this in my Fellowship window, only in the Notifications window. So maybe that is what has been fixed.
green hands among the gold 3.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser1250

We had no update today (to answer the question) and the problem is still there. I looked at the player who had a green hand instead of golden, don't know why he is not golden.
He has a main hall on 21, which is not upgrading at the moment, so I guess that can't cause it.
He is in the woodelves chapter.
He has a magic acadamy but so do the others who are golden, so I guess that can't be it.
He has a crystal lighthouse, but others who are golden have that too, so that can't be it?
No watchtower, but others don't have it either.
I am trying to figure out what else can effect it and I don't know it.

I will wait for the NH this afternoon to see if I can find anything else.

Edit:
Help bug hands.png

The player with a green hand is between golden hands, so time doesn't matter?

Elderflower

Today I noticed that in the notifications window the two people with green hands were neighbours who are not in any fellowship.
Of course previously I have seen members of my own Fellowship with green hands too but today all the people in fellowships had golden hands

DeletedUser1250

It seems so random. 2 of the people in the fellowship had green hands today, one of them was green yesterday too, but the other was golden yesterday. So it is not a matter of being in a fellowship or not. I am glad I am not the only one, noticing it is not good yet.

And this thread still says it is fixed.

Elderflower

It seems so random. 2 of the people in the fellowship had green hands today, one of them was green yesterday too, but the other was golden yesterday. So it is not a matter of being in a fellowship or not. I am glad I am not the only one, noticing it is not good yet.

And this thread still says it is fixed.
Yes I see today that a person who was green hands yesterday is golden hands today. So my theory about being in a Fellowship is definitely wrong.

Elderflower

Today a new fellowship member showed up in my notifications but without any hands at all, even though they had just joined and should therefore be "aidable". However in the Fellowship window they did show green hands.green hands among the gold 4.jpg

DeletedUser1250

I still don't know what causes this. I have tried a lot.

The bug appears on Beta and on the Dutch server.
It happens with members of my fellowship and it happens with neighbours.
It happens for all my cities, human and elven.
2 of my cities have the crystal lighthouse, but the other doesn't, so that is not causing it?
Some of the ones who are bugged have a crystal lighthouse, others don't.

If someone visited me the last 24 hours, the hand should be golden. If it is a member who should be golden and isn't, then he is not golden in the FS list and not golden in the notifications.
I thought it had to do with players who visited me twice in 24 hours, or maybe twice in 25 or 26 hours. And indeed most of the players who are not golden, visited me twice within 24-26 hours. I wondered if the crystal lighthouse might have some influence, but one of my city has no crystal lighthouse. And then I found a few players who visited me twice within 24-26 hours and were golden, so that theory seems to make no sense either.

On the Dutch server I have 2 accounts, an elven (account A) and a human (account B). They are in the same FS
Every morning, account A visits B first.
Then, when all the visits of A are done, I switch to B and then the hand of A is not golden, while A just visited me on B. I heard from other members that the hand of A is not golden for them either, while A visits everyone, every day (between 7.00 and 10.00 am)
Until this morning. When B started the visits, the hand of A was golden.
After visiting the first member of the FS list, the hand of A was suddenly not golden anymore!. Remember, A had just visited B, so it had to be golden.
I switched back to A, thinking something in that city must have caused the change. But I couldn't find anything.
No spells were used in city A, no spell ran out.
No spell was ready in the magic academy and the academy was working.
No coins were given to the main hall.
No motivation on the builder hut
No building that just finished.
I could collect 1 troop, so I did that, filled the last spot in the barracks again, switched back to B, no golden hand
Then back to A, collected all coins, back to B, still no golden hand
Culture of A was all the time at 160%
Emptying cache and reloading the game did not change anything.

So what caused this, why did it happen? And why didn't other members change colour of hands?

I have NO idea!

If anyone has an idea, I am willing to test. I am willing to collect some information too if needed, but I don't know what else to test.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elderflower

I have one neighbour who always has green hands. She aids me every day and I aid her likewise. I thought it was because she is not in a fellowship but I have since seen others, who are in fellowships, with green hands and some who are not in Fellowships who show the golden hands. I haven't been keeping much of a record but will try to do so and see if, for me at least, it is always the same people who have green hands when they ought to be gold.

Sir Squirrel

I thought that if a player was in "your" fellowship and had visited you, when you can visit them the hands were in a golden box, if a neighbor visits you and you can visit them for help, you get a green box with hands. If you have already visited either of them the green house button is there until it is time you can visit again. Is that how it is suppose to work or no, you have me confused now with the conversation now!

Elderflower

In my neighbourhood sometimes a player who has helped me recently will have green hands visible and sometimes golden.
Originally if someone helped you the green button would show the golden hands which would timeout after 24 hours and turn to green to show that you can still help them but you won't get the tools rewards.
What is happening now is that even within the 24 hours and when the tools reward is still available, some helpers will show green hands instead of gold. If you visit them and help them you will get the rewards.
The green house button does not seem to have been affected. As you correctly said it will show when you still have time to wait before you can visit them again.
These rules apply to both Fellowship members and ordinary neighbours

Elderflower

OK I hadn't noticed that myself.
Here's an example Sir Squirrel. Two people in my Fellowship who both gave me neighbourly help in the last hour.
green hands among the gold 6.jpg

Both are available for me to return the visit and both will reward me with tools when I do. But no one seems to know why one has golden hands and the more recent one is green.

Last edited:

Elderflower

Today for the first time I noticed a Fellowship member who was available to receive Neighbourly Help; although they correctly showed green hands in the Fellowship window, at the same time they showed a green house in the Notifications window.
green hands among the gold 8.jpg green hands among the gold 7.jpg

Dony

King of Bugs
1 of the problem with this bug is that NH last 24 hours instead of 23 like it was before
30.png

it also remember somehow information from older notifications (i dont know how you store this data but it may be more then last 50 notification)
so if in my notification list is 1 guy with green hands from 2 days ago and he recently gave me another help it will be still green hands just because it was once green in last 50 notification (it looks like last knowable status of that guy)
exactly same goes if guy has house icon when it should have been green or golden hands, it will be house icon every other help until either whole 50 notification list are overwriten with another people or even more but that i can not check (depends on how you store this information)

another proof of this is:
I got help on 16.4.2017 23.51
42.png

then i got help on 17.4.2017 22.59
41.png

then i checked how long my reward will be available, it said 37m, i took this screenshot at 17.4.2017 23.14 (14+37=51)
40.png

so the game counted my available reward from old NH (notice it was within 24h) and not recent, same way as he taking status of other older NHs

i also noticed that people who gave me help every single day this week had same status every day either it was green hand/golden hand/house (but their older notification never droped from my notification list thats why it need to be looked if only that 50 notifications are affected or more)

only time it works as it should is when i give this people NH and their icon in notification change for next 23h to green hands, so you need to filter this when evaluating

my other theory is that game somehow snap all players statuses from notification upon log in and remember them until some unknown point.

DeletedUser1741

1 of the problem with this bug is that NH last 24 hours instead of 23 like it was before
View attachment 2631

it also remember somehow information from older notifications (i dont know how you store this data but it may be more then last 50 notification)
so if in my notification list is 1 guy with green hands from 2 days ago and he recently gave me another help it will be still green hands just because it was once green in last 50 notification (it looks like last knowable status of that guy)
exactly same goes if guy has house icon when it should have been green or golden hands, it will be house icon every other help until either whole 50 notification list are overwriten with another people or even more but that i can not check (depends on how you store this information)

another proof of this is:
I got help on 16.4.2017 23.51
View attachment 2632

then i got help on 17.4.2017 22.59
View attachment 2633

then i checked how long my reward will be available, it said 37m, i took this screenshot at 17.4.2017 23.14 (14+37=51)
View attachment 2634

so the game counted my available reward from old NH (notice it was within 24h) and not recent, same way as he taking status of other older NHs

i also noticed that people who gave me help every single day this week had same status every day either it was green hand/golden hand/house (but their older notification never droped from my notification list thats why it need to be looked if only that 50 notifications are affected or more)

only time it works as it should is when i give this people NH and their icon in notification change for next 23h to green hands, so you need to filter this when evaluating

my other theory is that game somehow snap all players statuses from notification upon log in and remember them until some unknown point.
There are three different times: 8h, 23h and 24h. 1) how long is NH on culture 2) How quick you may do next NH 3) How long is golden hand