• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [11587] Spells that work on the Armory (and other odd places)

Elderflower

Game version: v1.14.4-(99d71eb)(2016-09-13 10:54
Game world: Beta
Browser + version: Chrome 52.0.2743.116
Flash Player version:
Operating System: Windows 7
Screen resolution: 1366 x 768
Account name: Elderflower
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 1/5

Quest title: __ (if applicable)

Current situation: When visiting other players lately I have noticed that they seem to have been able to place motivational spells in odd places such as on a pathway or on an armory producing orcs. Also on cocoons and residences.
I have also seen a spell on a workshop of a player I know to have left the game long ago. So I assume this is a bug, but if it is not I would like to know how to place a boosting spell on my armory. ;)

Expected situation: Spells should only be able to be placed on manufactories, workshops and certain cultural buildings.

Reproduction Steps
Visit other players
2. Notice which buildings have the sparkly glow to indicate a spell boost
3. __
4. __
5. __
spell boost for armory.png

Last edited:

Dony

King of Bugs
from my observation its only on your side to show this spells on odd positions, i even had spells placed on ground without any building or streets
and once this bug happens, every other visit of another player has that bug, it looks like everybody started to mass use spells, even people in chapter 1
also i noticed that i had this bug when i myself used some spells, and after that visiting others.

Elderflower

Glad it's not only me. The problem is that when I am visiting friends I like to help them as much as possible by boosting those cultural buildings that I can see they have used spells on. This now appears to be unreliable.

DeletedUser283

I noticed this too, before being moved, and afterwards as well
now it mainly seems to affect inactive cities ... hint ?
(when seeing this before being moved, I knew precisely which cities were inactive; could this be the result of an inactivity marker to prevent inactive cities from being moved ?)

Elderflower

The picture I showed in my post is of a city that is very active. I traded with them yesterday and I was visiting them in return for their recent neighbourly help. I just visited them again and the spell is still there.

Marindor

Thank you for your report and clear screenshot, we have forwarded this bug for fixing. Should you notice any similar factors when this happens, please let us know so we could get a clue about what causes this :)

Dony

King of Bugs
easy reproduction steps are
use spells on your buildings (in my example 2x on kulture building and 8x on workshop)
visit other player
also its account wide, since that showing bug is same on multiply different PCs
bug ends when spells from cultural buildings run out

DeletedUser283

oh :confused:
you have a point here, I started using magical manufacturing on a daily basis at about the same time as when I started noticing the issue...
silly me:rolleyes:

Elderflower

Interesting Dony. I hadn't noticed that. Going to set a few spells right away and see what happens.
Ok I visited a neighbour and couldn't see any odd spells. Then I put a spell on my Wayfarer's Tavern and went back to the neighbour. Lo and behold he now has a spell on a bend in the path. :confused:
That was well spotted of you Dony. I had not noticed any connection.

Last edited:

Elderflower

Seems to be fine now. I haven't noticed any more odd spells when visiting my neighbours, even when I have spell running myself.