1. Dear forum reader,

    To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

[0.16] Balancing Changes in Damage Calculation

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Muf-Muf, May 7, 2015.

  1. Muf-Muf

    Muf-Muf Elvenar Team

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2015
    [​IMG]

    Dear Elves and Humans,

    In the update to version 0.16 (currently planned for Tuesday, May 12th), we will be changing the way damage is calculated in battles due to your feedback.

    In the current system, squad sizes always dealt at least 50% of their damage, to which then another percentage was added depending on how many units you have left. This would then result in the amount of damage your squad dealt. In the new system, the new guaranteed damage value will be 10%. The other 90% of damage will be decided by the amount of units you have left in your squad.

    Example
    • You have a max squad size of 192.
    • You have 96 units (= 50%) left in the squad on the battlefield.
    With these given numbers, with the new values, you will receive:

    10% base damage value
    50% (remaining squad size) of the remaining 90% of damage = 45% of damage
    The two values will then be combined into:

    10% base value + 45% damage = 55% of total damage
    For an example with the old values, please have a look at the spoiler below.
    For the old values, this would have resulted in the following values for the above scenario:

    50% base damage value
    50% (remaining squad size) of the remaining 50% of damage = 25% of damage
    The two values will then be combined into:

    50% base value + 25% damage = 75% of total damage​

    This new calculation of damage will be applied to both NPC and Player units and will make the battles more realistic than they are now.

    We would like to hear your feedback regarding this change. Please share your thoughts in the discussion thread (click).

    Kind regards,
    Your Elvenar Team
     
    Elvyanix likes this.

Top