• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.113

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see the Release Notes of our current game version here and let us hear your thoughts about it in this thread!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

iDavis

I´m very glad to see balancing changes around Moon bear based on our feedback. Didn´t see new numbers yet, but it´s definitely a great step forward and maybe now it´s moon bear more comparable to last year.

Second point - separating unit production queues - I really hope there is no catch with some "unannounced" balancing changes of decreasing production amounts in these buildings..

DeepTerminal

This patch does two interesting things -

1. The changes to the Moon Bear focuses more on providing KPs, which in a way addresses and compensates for the nerf to KP gain in the tourney system. But of course, for high-end tourney players, it's nowhere enough.
  2. Separating training queues for Barracks, Training Ground, and Merc Camp closes the gap a little bit between those who have the Brown Bear and those who don't. But it's also not enough.

Angeduciel

Really looking forward these changes: separate queues for the 3 military training buildings finally!!! and a more appealing moon bear.
:):):):):)

Ursus Major

Two réactions
The first one is thanks : to be able to train all our units separately is a great improvement.
For the moon bear... pffff.... really ? No it's not serious. 3000 of each only when every kind of others building offers around 6000 ? And what effect when we feed it ! No... Still not interested on building it. Why not giving us a bear or a building that offer us pet food ? or other things rare.
I will not push my fellowships to built it that's for sure !
It is possible that inno create in the magic academy or in a new kind of trader, a place where we can exchange all our artefact... in other ones ?
thanks for al

Lovec Krys

Separated queues: What about orc requirements for orcs units?
Without removing them, end game cities (and not only them) are basicaly prevented from training 2 of 5 units in the Training grounds.

Pauly7

None, as far as I can see, same troop size, same time...except with all 3 queues running, your supplies will quickly run out...but if i am wrong, someone will correct me
In that case that is awesome... we just need to manage the supplies issue.

My opinion on the changes to the bear is not positive, although I am happy they have made changes based on feedback. The feeding effect is still in no way attractive. How many people will consider selling a pet food for 9KP? I suspect not many. If it were 10KP per NH help chest then you might make it interesting, but I still would use that so infrequently that it wouldn't be good reason to build it.

I know that everyone has different opinions and needs, but the one reason I may find to build the bear is if it was giving me healthy amounts of coins and supplies to aid with catering/negotiation costs, but these are the things that have been removed. Extra pop is nice, if they have increased it enough that it works as a good culture/pop building in its own right. for those short on population.

Lovec Krys

@Pauly7 Healthy amounts of coins & supplies would have to be around half your max. capacity, ... or at least 10% instants/day, that would have been more interesting for many players.

DeletedUser1953

Yes we have now a supplies issue ^^ but we can build more workshops ^^ The problem with orc strategist is not resolved, it is pending from a long time (not enough orc to launch this production and i think 6 armories + multiple event buildings is already too much !).

Before Moon << Brown, now Moon << Brown ^^

Deleted User - 87976

Separating the queues is a terrible change in my opinion. Not only because of the orcs requirements, but I'm betting that now the devs in future balancing changes would expect us to have three times more troops. And it's not like all the extra troops we will be producing are equally useful.

Not to mention that now all three AWs for each type of barracks are mandatory. And this comes together with punishing for having too many AW levels and with nerfing the KP income from the tournaments.

Pauly7

@Pauly7 Healthy amounts of coins & supplies would have to be around half your max. capacity, ... or at least 10% instants/day, that would have been more interesting for many players.
Giving instants would be better. My May Trees each give me 2-2.5m coins per day. I would call that healthy because it far exceeds what a residence can give me, even a Magic Residence. My Phoenixes each give me just under 2m in 48 hours. That makes them worth it for coins alone. I don't need half max capacity... that would be insane, haha... but if a 9 square bear was giving me 750k of coins per day then I would build it for this purpose.

Disclaimer - My culture bonus is usually knocking on around 300%.

Pauly7

How many Orcs does it cost to produce Training Grounds troops? I'm still yet to ever build one.

Alcaro

How many Orcs does it cost to produce Training Grounds troops? I'm still yet to ever build one.
around 2600 orcs, but I think it's related to other aspects too. I am in ch.16, training gr. lvl. 24, SS 2721 (not sure which of those parameters are related to prod). I hope it helps a bit. :)

Deleted User - 87976

How many Orcs does it cost to produce Training Grounds
1 orc = 1 unit. Simia improves that a bit, but still it's too expensive to maintain, especially with the squads of 10k+ in later provinces.

Lovec Krys

@Pauly7 Considering how many units are in squads and how many squads are usualy needed, we are easily talking about hundreds of thousands orcs, while max. daily orc production in a single Armory is 3200/day and many orcs are needed for other game aspects (negotiating Spire/Tourney, upgrading buildings, produce settlement goods in certain chapters...).

iDavis

I don't care much about expensive orc units. There is one building in MA producing them, I have 3 of them and together with brown bears it pretty much handle all requirments for my spire (in tourneys I'm using mercenary camp units only).
As allowed training units elsewhere, my training grounds will mostly run for dogs and barracks for mages.