• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Search results

1. ErestorX

(Spoilers) Something rustles in the grass!

Actually I researched only the Advanced trader 4 so far and this question (except for the chapter 16 part) is exactly what I have been thinking about since I read about the new units. Yes and I reacted to an argument of yours that doesn't hold in my case. Since I managed to stockpile troops...
  2. ErestorX

Yes, but I only have 85 Provinces on average and played all of those to at least 5 in 3/9 of the new tournaments. It matters to me, because I was part of this minority 5/9 times. Actually 8/9 times because I prefer stockpiling to battling a member of my own GM for the win. But the main reason...
  3. ErestorX

If you play for KP, it is reasonable to stockpile troops instead of playing round 6. If you play for the tournament rank or ranking points it is reasonable to stockpile troops instead of playing more provinces once you are sure you will win the tournament. Might not be very common, but it happens.
  4. ErestorX

Discussion Tournament Changes (post-release)

Thats what I did - stopped after the first chapter 17 research, because stopping after the *** Frog was not possible anymore. And yes, the new tournament was fun - I managed to win 5 out of 9 and the worst result was 3rd place so far. My fellowship managed chest 19 every time with results even...
  5. ErestorX

Discussion The Mystery of the Misty Forest

Con: The daily prices were not really impressive. A few useful prices here for my chapter 5 city, a few useful ones for my live chapter 8 city and nothing useful for my chapter 16 city. Overall I won all daily prices I wanted and in the end quite a few I don't need at all. Pro: I really liked...
  6. ErestorX

My german fellowship so far made >200K points in all 3 tournaments. Before the change we scored high as well but only rarely that high. The main difference is that I don't see really low scores anymore, the scores of the the top tournament players haven't changed much. BUT manual fighting...
  7. ErestorX

Discussion Chapter 17 - The Traders of Unur

It is approximately 15%.
  8. ErestorX

If you put AWs away, which would you put away?

Everything except for Needles, Monastery, Shrooms, Flying Academy, Dragon Abbey, Toads, Victory Springs, Timewarp, Sapiens and possibly Heroes Forge and Abyss in my Chapter 16 city. Everything except for Abyss and Mountain Halls in my chapter 8 city (former wishing well city) because catering is...
  9. ErestorX

Stop HIDING the rules !!

Concerning AWs it is even worse. The positive effects of AWs are not hidden, they are communicated openly in game. Adding a hidden negative effect that diminishes the value of an AW is trickery. This is not only a problem for Elvenar but for the reputation of Inno as a company.
  10. ErestorX

Actually it is theoretically possible that Inno comes up with some new cool techs for the next chapters and a complete rework of all wonders to deal with the problem of the broken SS formular. But if that should be the plan they should communicate it ASAP!
  11. ErestorX

I didn't mean to say that it was Innos intention. My guess is that they did some number crunching on data that included the effect of the firephoenix and adjusted their penalties with the goal to balance things. That would explain why they penalize wonders (and at least for chapter 16 and 17...
  12. ErestorX

The only way I can think of to keep SS as it is and lower research and AW penalties to a reasonable level in my live city would be the introduction of a penalty for my firephoenix. Is this a good idea? I doubt ist. But it shows that Innos mistakes with respect to the current SS calculation are...
  13. ErestorX

Yes, it was part of a discussion starting at #1622 which was about my live city and I am indeed an endgamer there.
  14. ErestorX

You have to follow the discussion backwards to the calculation including 504 hours of time boosters, if you want to find the victory springs!
  15. ErestorX

The corresponding elvenar question was if building victory springs was worth it in the new system or not. The 3 queues exist with or without it.
  16. ErestorX

You forgot that troops from mercenary camp are more valuable than the rest. So let me offer you a bargain: You give me 76 100 Dollar bills, I give you 82 50 dollar bills. Would you tell me that you made a good deal because you got more notes???
  17. ErestorX

The Flying Academy will benefit me definitely a lot more than it costs. That is true for all levels up to 35. The reason is that I need way more troops from mercenary camp than from the other 2 buildings. Needles up to 30 is probably worth it as well, because I use a lot of rangers and more...
  18. ErestorX

No, you have no chance to count how many players fall into that category, you can only count how many cities fall into that category. Only 12,5% (=1) of my cities are currently doing more than 2500 tournament points. But guess what - I am only interested in the one city that does, the other 7...
  19. ErestorX

First of all that is the best argument against using wonderlevels in the formula. If Inno doesn't give in game information about the negative impact of wonders, many new players who start building wonders based on in game information will be really pissed of if they learn about the negative...
  20. ErestorX

Currently you are probably right, most players use a mix of fighting and catering. The problem is that given that formula the current strategy is suboptimal. The formula encourages players to decide to either fight or cater because as I explained in my previous post improving your ability in...