• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Sorcerers' Homecoming

FieryArien

Edit: as someone who never reads the storyline I'm curious:
Isn't the event about a sorcerer who went on a pilgrimage who is now coming home? If so, doesn't it make sense for the avatar to be of him?
note: I've not read one word of the story so that could be totally off.
You can read the story anytime - the part you’ve unlocked so far of course. It’s accessible through the milestones in the quests progress bar and it contains only handful of texts. This feature was introduced only few events ago and it’s pretty cool in my opinion.

DeletedUser3726

Lord is actually gender-neutral, so I would think that M'Lord is too.
" The appellation "lord" is primarily applied to men, while for women the appellation "lady" is used. This is no longer universal: the Lord of Mann, a title held by the Queen of the United Kingdom, and female Lords Mayor are examples of women who are styled as "Lord". "

A couple of over-the-top complainers does not an important controversy make IMO, but sure, if there is a ready prepped female avatar either add it or replace the bearded one for the 1% of players for whom it might actually matter.

Edit: as someone who never reads the storyline I'm curious:
Isn't the event about a sorcerer who went on a pilgrimage who is now coming home? If so, doesn't it make sense for the avatar to be of him?
note: I've not read one word of the story so that could be totally off.
Firstly (this is not directed at you Soggy); to all those who argue that having a male avatar somehow indicates bias that men are more likely to be winners is ridiculous. I'm sorry to be so blunt about it but I've tried to be sensitive because I support the fight against harmful gender stereotyping. There are no grounds for such a position because frequently avatars are unlocked on inno such as those for building AW or starting a new chapter and what we see is a mix of genders and species. You cannot throw your arms in the air whenever a male avatar comes out and claim its sexist without actually being sexist in your claim.

Secondly, to your last point, Soggy, the 'lead' character is rather androgenous. I would not like to guess their gender. The lead character is helping a group of sorcerers get home. There's no indication whether the sorcerer's are male or female. This is a good thing.

The last event featured a Queen yet not a peep from the masses about the King. Shall we protest the vanishing man too?
When (or if) Inno screws up and acts in a sexist non inclusive manner I'll be one of the first to voice my concerns. Until then, imma go play me some Elvenar.

Marindor

Hi everyone, can we please go back to feedback about the event itself now instead of a whole discussion about whether an avatar is male or female? Sometimes it will be a man, sometimes a woman, and sometimes something gender neutral... Let's not derive even further into a whole sexism discussion here (or start one in The Lounge if you want to) and get back to feedback about the event itself please. Thank you.

Lovec Krys

@reinhardz And now imagine, when i was begining, my first big event after i started playing (at that time it was 4 big events / year), there were quests of paying thousands of T1,T2 & T3 goods (T3 are unlocked in ch3), so unfinishable without help in the first half of ch3 or ch2/1.
My advice: Just pick up some nice pure culture building and don't worry about not finishing the quest line and concentrate on advancing your city.
There will be plenty of time to finish later events, there's nothing you can't miss yet (evos/sets).

reinhardz

@reinhardz And now imagine, when i was begining, my first big event after i started playing (at that time it was 4 big events / year), there were quests of paying thousands of T1,T2 & T3 goods (T3 are unlocked in ch3), so unfinishable without help in the first half of ch3 or ch2/1.
My advice: Just pick up some nice pure culture building and don't worry about not finishing the quest line and concentrate on advancing your city.
There will be plenty of time to finish later events, there's nothing you can't miss yet (evos/sets).
I thought this was the section for the feedback for 'The Sorcerer's homecoming'.
@Marindor Did I post in the wrong forum?

guivou

it's crazy but doable (with difficulty ) to play event with small cities, for the winter owl , i started level 1 , finish level 2 with 8 evolutions (so with fa possible to have fully evolved building )

Earwen1

Since INNO offer to play the event in chapter 1 it should be made completly playable in chapter 1, don't you think?
Yes, I agree with that. Right now I have another city (village!) at Chapter I too. The quests are somewhat playable, but it is very hard.

The Magic academy - for instance - is only being build at the end of the chapter, so before that, we cannot do quests for which the MA is needed.
But if we have to scout new provinces, we are lucky, because that takes us only in few minutes, instead of hours or even days in mid- or end game.

At the other hand, since we have close to nothing in the beginning, all little bits help.
This is why I do play the quest there too, but without the idea of getting very far.
But all the small rewards are a great help there after all.

Marindor

Hi guys,

This is actually feedback that has been brought up before and that we've discussed internally as well. We're trying to make the events more or less playable even for Chapter 1 cities and try to balance the quests in such a way that some quests will be easier for early chapter players and some for later chapter players (or provide alternatives). Another option would have been to only make events available at a later stage in the game, so that early players can only focus on the basics in the first few chapters, but for now we've decided to just still give them a chance to earn some extra rewards and get a bit familiar with events, although they're just starting out and events shouldn't be their main focus yet.

About this specific quest: Chapter 1 can be finished within a matter of days and scouting times are still very short at that stage, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. You'll get across more event quests that will take you a similar amount of time probably.

Jammin

Huhu, I like the event and also the opportunity to win additional prizes through the league, even if I have mixed feelings about it
(Free 2 Play = Pay 2 Win)?

So a little disgusted with myself. Got to the third story part on quests, saw the pic and thought, "Wow, she's hot and nice breasts". Took me 4 seconds to realize what I thought. I'm most embarrassed about those 3 extra seconds.

Seriously, did some ex-Marvel illustrator start to work for them?
lol don't worry I'll get you back on track :)
look at this 2x ... that should help :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Enevhar Aldarion

Is it mean of me to hope that the final daily prize is really horrible, so that all the people saving for the last minute push for Gold League get what they deserve? lol

guivou

pushing before last hour is selfish , pushing only during last hour is clever and permit other to enter gold or silver league easily , so i hope the last day prize will be usefull for all ...

FieryArien

Is it mean of me to hope that the final daily prize is really horrible, so that all the people saving for the last minute push for Gold League get what they deserve? lol
I’d say yes, it is mean to hope for that. Saving for the last minute doesn’t harm other players. It doesn’t kick any players down from a league they reached. So why does it irritate you so much?

SoggyShorts

"Get what they deserve" ? :oops:
Please explain why players who deliberately choose not to screw over anyone else deserve anything bad?
Or are you not grasping how this league mechanic works?

Last edited:

little bee

"Get what they deserve" ? :oops:
Please explain why players who deliberately choose not to screw over anyone else deserve anything bad?
Or are you not grasping how this league mechanic works?
I guess it could be seen as a form of collective cheating.
I certainly do not think that everyone should save all their event currency for the last day and thus allow everyone to be in gold without any effort at all. But it will allready make a huge difference if everyone saves just a little bit. E.g. if everyone stops after getting the 9th artifact and then waits for the final hour, this will be the threshold for gold.
And if no one buys currency until the final hour then it won't be pay to win (but possibly random due to winning extra currency). This could actually happen, as players might want to have clarity on exactly how much extra currency they need.

Rill

With regard to playability in early chapters, I just started a new city on the Beta server to check out this event. (I'm @Gladiola over on the US servers). I'm currrently on quest 12, producing some standard goods, and waiting for the bossy event lady to tell me to complete some research or spend some KP so I can build an armory. I like that there haven't been any make or use Enchantments/vision vapor/spell fragments quests without alternatives so far in the event. I expect they will appear eventually, and I'm hoping I'll have a Magic Academy by the time they do. If not, I'll keep playing and unlock the MA. I think the developers have a good balance on playability for very new cities so far.