• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Sorcerers' Homecoming

Marjade

That Leage thing I don't get it, one time I had reached Bronze and the next time I was back an amateur

maxiqbert

why not a lone female avatar? i'm pretty sure it doesn't offend male players, and this way, we're avoiding this endless and senseless discussion

Pauly7

That Leage thing I don't get it, one time I had reached Bronze and the next time I was back an amateur
Because it's based on how many staffs everyone else has picked up. If a bunch more people picked up staffs and went past your total, then you will be pushed back down the league.

Marjade

Because it's based on how many staffs everyone else has picked up. If a bunch more people picked up staffs and went past your total, then you will be pushed back down the league.
But as the numbers of the staffs you need to rise higher always changes than that is fight against all odds

DeletedUser3726

I am stuck in Quest #6 'Spend Knowledge Points'. Level 1 player, have KP but can not spend any :( Research Level 1 completed. Any way out ?
Knowledge points are the books that accrue, not necessarily AW KP so putting books into tech will solve the problem

Indianaking

I don't care what this avatar looks like (and yes, I'm female). Since you only get it for completely unnecessary reaching a certain league anyway, it shouldn't really matter at all. These leagues are not a normal competition but simply an expression of who has paid the most. It's not worth the extra rewards.

DeletedUser3726

Exactly.

If there was a pervasive culture of sexism or non-inclusivity, I'd be right there supporting a change, but I don't believe that's the case.

Do the NPCs make assumptions in the storyline such as
"Thank you kind sir for your assistance"?
Are characters portrayed based on offensive stereotypes and gender roles?
Is there a culture of misogyny at the inno headquarters?
Are forums mods and other positions dominated by one gender?

Jumping at shadows like this avatar "issue" weakens our position when real problems arise. It's a bit of a crying wolf situation IMO.
I think a person has to be incredibly naive to think there isn't a pervasive culture of sexism. The confusion seems to be around what that culture looks like. We aren't talking about culture where men are predators and women are victims. We're talking about the shocking statistics behind male suicide, male survivors of abuse, females as abusers of children.
Sexism paints people in uniform colours to such a degree we are unable to see anything else. If we continue to paint females as pretty little women we never learn to recognise their potential to be just like men - both at their worst and best.

Ainor

no one said that the problem is not real, but that likely this is not the case. Elvenar avatars are equally divided enter male, female and neutral gender and there are a lot of female leading characters on Elvenar story. And above all I think that Innogames and elvenar developers know very well that elvenar is a game with an important female component among the players (customers) so should be masochistic to displease them..

Im a big fan of the league system, I think its a good addition and adds an extra dimension to events. It will be interesting to see where I finish. The event building should give sentients at higher levels since at later chapters you need standard goods much less but overall id say this event is a good one.

i agree completely with FieryArien's view of the League mechanics. this is how it's done in Forge of Empires and it stinks there as well. the re-calculation of Leagues means that no matter how hard you try, you end up in the 2 lowest leagues. only the people willing to spend lots of real money buying diamonds in order to rank in the top 1% will get the prizes in the Gold League. just another inno money grab and attempt to turn an already great game into the elven version of FoE.

SoggyShorts

I think a person has to be incredibly naive to think there isn't a pervasive culture of sexism.
Society as a whole =/= the Elvenar art studio.... unless you have way more information about their work environment than I do?
We're talking about the shocking statistics behind male suicide, male survivors of abuse, females as abusers of children.
We are? I must have missed more than a few posts if the subject shifted from having just one avatar available at a time to that.

You kinda make my point about crying wolf.
E.g. Yes, male suicide rates are shockingly high, but if we jump at the tiniest of perceived issues then real ones like that don't get the attention that they are due.

Earwen1

The new league system would be challenging if the quests weren't limited to 75.
With an infinite number of quests I would like it more, because then it would really depend on the effort one makes.

Now that everyone can earn the same number of SK with the same number of quests, you can only make the difference by picking up SK points around your city and by pure luck to gain extra SK points in the beacons.

DeletedUser3726

Society as a whole =/= the Elvenar art studio.... unless you have way more information about their work environment than I do?

We are? I must have missed more than a few posts if the subject shifted from having just one avatar available at a time to that.

You kinda make my point about crying wolf.
E.g. Yes, male suicide rates are shockingly high, but if we jump at the tiniest of perceived issues then real ones like that don't get the attention that they are due.
When you responded here the conversation had already shifted to the wider issue of societal attitudes toward sexism. You showed a clear understanding of this with your "male privilege" remark. My response is in context with those points.

I think we need to be careful not to dismiss the grievances of anyone nor diminish any perspective because until you've lived the experiences of another you can't possibly know the burden someone might carry.
I don't have a problem with the avatar and I think inno does a fairly good job of representing gender in a generally balanced way. I particularly enjoy the fact that the very feminine blossom mage is such a brutal warrior.
I agree with you that over sensitivity can be problematic but you showed the same over sensitivity in your reaction.

DeletedUser3726

The new league system would be challenging if the quests weren't limited to 75.
With an infinite number of quests I would like it more, because then it would really depend on the effort one makes.

Now that everyone can earn the same number of SK with the same number of quests, you can only make the difference by picking up SK points around your city and by pure luck to gain extra SK points in the beacons.
I agree but inno doesn't reward effort.

Enevhar Aldarion

Too much internet rage over this avatar. Now, say if Inno put a female avatar in Silver and a male in Gold, then people could accuse them of saying women are not as good as men, because that would make it look like the female players can't make the top 1%.