• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures

galrond

Ofcourse I am juiced up. Saved a lot more, but only need max 50 of them. Is a FSA not the only time when those spells are usefull?
Well I use MM all the time to boost my sentient goods productions. So no FSA is not the only time they´re usefull :D
But they do come in handy during FSA, and I ofc use them too.

SoggyShorts

It is a very good solution for me and I am live in chapter XV Elvenar.
Yeah, sorry but your situation is pretty niche so the advice of "just add a single T1 to make a bracelet every 3h" is very unlikely to help many players.
  • Level 13&16 relevant wonders
  • In a chapter with T1 upgrades
  • Set up to convince spire
  • MM spells 24/7

Last edited:

Aeva

Yeah, sorry but your situation is pretty niche so the advice of "just add a single T1 to make a bracelet every 3h" is very unlikely to help many players.
  • Level 13&16 relevant wonders
  • In a chapter with T1 upgrades
  • Set up to convince spire
  • MM spells 24/7
In other chapters the number is different, but you can often have one bracelet every 3 hours if you up your T1 manufactories as early as possible. In my fairy town it's 7 fully upgraded. In my orcs it was 6. And elvenar is 5.

ayvinul

I am staying where I am for now. Once I decide on chapter 18 I probably will however move forward.
I am sorry, don't want to be rude, but your "very good solution" is not.

You decided to stay in chapter 15 for now, so of course you can afford the space for extra manufactures of somewhat high level to complete the badge.

I assume most players will want to actually keep playing, and go forward to the next chapters, so in that case, it's a bad solution, you simply do not have neither the space nor the population to add those manufactures "just for the FA".

Traditionally, setting up for the FA means Teleporting a few buildings, setting ups rows of level 1 buildings to accommodate production, and manage to trudge along on your progress so that you can do the adventure.

Here, you're advocating devoting a substantial portion of your space and population for the FA on a semi-permanent basis.

Now I understand people that eventually get stuck on the last chapter will have all the time in the world to upgrade wonders and optimize their cities for the next adventure, but I'm definitely not there yet, probably have at least 6 months to go on my most advanced city.

Aeva

I am sorry, don't want to be rude, but your "very good solution" is not.
Here, you're advocating devoting a substantial portion of your space and population for the FA on a semi-permanent basis.

No I don't. I did put 1 extra manufactory on an expansion I could place because I saved it for this purpose. This space will be used in a different way after the FSA. And the population is what it is. I always have some spare. I also placed level 1 buildings where I normally would have my guestrace. But I advanced exactly far enough in chapter XV to get rid of all these guestbuildings except for the portal. I intend to finish with PP spells when I want to finish this chapter.

SoggyShorts

@Aeva
What we're trying to explain to you is that
1. Most players are not in a chapter that gives a T1 upgrade like you are.
2. Most players do not have as many premium expansions as you do.
3. Most players have to dedicate more space than you are for guest races
4. Most players in chapter 15 do not have room/pop for 4 T1 buildings on top of everything else.
5. Most players do not have wonders at your levels.
6. Most players do not have MM spells running 24/7

So yeah, congrats on only needing 1 more T1 factory on top of the greater-than-normal production you already had.

To put it another way:
Before the FA you were using about 8 expansions for T1 factories, and for the FA you added about 1.5 more.
That's not a realistic expectation.

Aeva

Before the FA you were using about 8 expansions for T1 factories, and for the FA you added about 1.5 more.
Fine. But I did it in two very different cities as well (fairies and orcs).
Before the FA I was using 4 expansions for T1 factories. Exactly the same as I am using now. So you are talking rubbish. The other factories are sentient in case you forgot we have to have those in chapter XV.

FieryArien

Fine. But I did it in two very different cities as well (fairies and orcs).
Before the FA I was using 4 expansions for T1 factories. Exactly the same as I am using now. So you are talking rubbish. The other factories are sentient in case you forgot we have to have those in chapter XV.
Could it be that Soggy counts real space requirements for your T1 factories including the required supporting buildings; and you are counting only the squares your T1 factories stand on? I wouldn’t call that rubbish, it would actually make a lot of sense.

SoggyShorts

Could it be that Soggy counts real space requirements for your T1 factories including the required supporting buildings
Always.
aeva.png

@Aeva Check it yourself, that's the space you gain if you remove your T1 factories as I did in the link above.
As I said, About 10 expansions dedicated to T1 production (more if you include culture&supplies)
All of which are placed on premium expansions, no? Meaning "Anyone can have results like yours, just spend $200"
"rubbish" indeed...

Last edited:

Deleted User - 86059

Please can we stop arguing and go back to what the thread is about.
And before you say it is FA rerlated, it is not when you bicker back and forth about how many Manu's, expansions and whatever it takes to make a badge.
We would like this to be inclusive and helpful to all rather than who's right/wrong in this argument

Jackluyt

My Compliments to the FA Design Team on a vastly improved FA!

The new format (recent badge changes and tweaking, as well as the new questing system introduced about a year ago) is a better reflection of the strength of participating groups. Now you can't win first place just by demolishing all your buildings and making massive shanty towns, as was the case originally; now one needs some planning and skill and a well-developed city, and strong participation in the Spire and the Tournaments too.

The designers have a difficult task balancing the Adventures - strong groups like mine finished stage three and were in the Bottomless Pit 24 hours ago; while not-so-strong groups are still struggling.
They have to work out a solution that caters for very different fellowships - and in my opinion this is one of the best they have ever done!
☺

Which is not to say that a little more tweaking would not be useful too!!

What I really like is that if the group has a nice simple system, it is no longer necessary to use a spreadsheet and count-down message threads - using 'Individual Balancing', the FA runs pretty much on AutoPilot and needs a lot less Admin work - which is most welcome, given that FA's happen a bit more often than many are comfortable with.

My own two solutions might be better I think:

a. Have an Easy, Medium and Difficult path in each stage - each with their own mini-prize on the final waypoint. Weaker groups could do only the easy path and take the Stage Prize; stronger groups can hang around picking up extra goodies as well as Ranking Points.
☺

b. My other suggestion would be to give out lots of Artifact Fragments in all events including FA, Tournament and Spire - and when you had collected let's say 100, you could forge yourself an Universal Artifact that works on any building.
Then players would be motivated to do every event - to collect fragments that eventually could be used to evolve a building of their choice...

I really do hope them will consider both these ideas!!
☺

141510998_10218468386401573_8410223629294098288_n.jpg

It's already been said by others but I'll say it again. Perhaps Inno were not listening or failed to understand.
When sentient goods were introduced, Those advanced enough on the tech tree had to delete about 50% of T1 boosted factories and build non boosted T1 factories to manufacture sentient goods.
Why do the devs not allow ALL goods manufactured in T1 goods buildings count IE Allow moonstone, platinum or elven tree gum count towards a bracelet badge? Surely that is not a difficult tweak to make?

Last edited:

edeba

No problem sounding like a broken record here...

Inno went the wrong way with increasing the farmer from 5 to 10 x9 hour workshop when what should have happened is BS should have gone to 2 x 24 hours.

If you consider land-time requirements for BS, farmers, statues and necklaces, and convert to how many squares for 24 hours you get the following:
Statues, 2(t1)x (2x1 size) for 2 days = 8 square days
Necklaces 3(t1)x (2x1 size) for 1 day = 6 square days
Blacksmiths 5(ws)x (2x2 size) for1 day = 20 square days
Farmers 10(ws)x (2x2 size) for 3/8th day = 15 square days.

The blacksmiths and farmers take up way more resources than the statues or necklaces.

My suggest would weight these 4 badges very similar:
Blacksmith 2(ws) x (2x2 size) for 1 day = 8 square days
Farmer 5(ws) x (2x2 size) for 3/8 day = 7.5 square days

My off the cuff estimate is this improvement would reduce the land needed to balance the rest of the badges by about 35% and reducing the tearing your city apart for an FA by that amount is beneficial by all standards.

Arcane residue needs to be any MA recipe.

I think the ability to keep up with the bracelets also improves with correcting the farms and blacksmiths because you can have a t1 manufacturer helping with the bracelet or be making about 1 bs per day in that same space, not including the population and culture requirements.

It is definitely the need to convert land to level 1 workshops and manufacturers that's showing up as the biggest stressor, then the arcane residue. I asked teammates to send pictures of what they had left and a couple responded.

So, from my perspective, these are competition roadblocks and the FA design is ok for even easy going FS to be able to get through one path on each page, but it is still out of balance for FS competing, and that's requiring too much of the tearing your city apart.

1611585611129.png
1611586925359.png
1611588228604.png

guivou

stock_k.JPG

bracelets are not trouble for all cities, example of a life city at the end of FA .... but residue and also hat required lot of time booster to reach same number as other badges when reaching more than 60.000 points in FA (hat it's new , last time we get 2 tournaments during FA , this time only one )

Heymrdiedier

View attachment 8615
bracelets are not trouble for all cities, example of a life city at the end of FA .... but residue and also hat required lot of time booster to reach same number as other badges when reaching more than 60.000 points in FA (hat it's new , last time we get 2 tournaments during FA , this time only one )

I don't think many are saying bracelets are an issue? I think they are mostly saying that the fact that they only focus on tier 1 production, is an issue. Would be better to have it based on all good production or even just add T4 production to the possibilities.

Residu is intentionally the only real roadblock that puts a limit on the amount you can make during 1 FA (I'd say the real max is 1500 if you have 25 very enthousiast members). Its limited with reason and you can overcome it if you are willing to spend diamonds, Inno really wont be sad if you spend diamonds to be able to win the FA....

edeba

@edeba - add to those Blacksmiths and Farmers also the roads. For ex. 5 WS lvl.1 = 20 squares but without roads. With roads, would be at least 25 squares (depending where they are squeezed).
Yeah, but I didn't think accounting for roads would change the relative sizes.