• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Winter event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeva

I don't understand the question.
I see every prize as being a gift. Therefor you always should be content with a prize.
To your third point: ofcourse these are different things. I think you should allways be content with a reward/prize/gift. But you do not have to be content with the format.
For the Winterevent I like both. Is is easygoing and the format reflects that and so do the prizes.

By the way: this thread is about the prizes isn't it?

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

I see every prize as being a gift. Therefor you always should be content with a prize.... I think you should allways be content with a reward/prize/gift.
Nonsense.
First of all, those are simply 3 different words in English:
  • A Gift is something freely given
  • A Prize is something offered or striven for in a competition
  • A Reward is a thing given in recognition of one's service, effort, or achievement.
As for "always being content", that's a load of BS too.
  • If someone gives you a Gift of a bag of dog droppings, is that the same as roses, chocolate, or $100? Equally content with any of those?
  • If the Prize is $5 in a lottery or contest where tickets cost $10 to enter would you be content?
  • If the Reward for going to work 5 days a week was 50% less would you be content? 99% less?
As I said, I am content with the total rewards for doing the entire event. I'm not blown away, nor am I disappointed because I believe that the rewards that I will earn are fair for the work that I will put in.
By the way: this thread is about the prizes isn't it?
This thread is about the event(Hint: the title is "winter event") which consists of 3 parts: The quests, The prizes, and The format.

Deleted User - 86059

Please guys
1) Stop the arguing
2) Remember politeness and respect to all posters (mentioning no names)
And also remember if you can't say anything nice, then say something respectfully please

guivou

quest are totally impossible for small players, i have already ended all quests for 18 months on different cities (4 worlds at differents level) but i don't think it's possible for a small city to succeed here ... and developers should think to have a better mix with quest and wait several quest before asking same resources
ex quest 81 collect 5 enchantments , quest 82 collect 3 enchantments (or use 3 pet food) and get 800 fragments (i will not use the 3 pet food option to do a quest with my big cities and on a small one i have not enough relics to produce food nor building to use on it 3 times )
get 800 fragments with spire is easy, but without spire it'is too much (quantity should be adjusted according to the level )
get 8 enchantments is very easy on day 1 of tournament if you fight 15 provinces, but a small/medium city with only 7 provinces or less, will take several days ... building won at the end are adjusted according to the level of the city but lot of quest are far more difficult for small cities it's unfair ...

Last edited:

Karvest

That 5 enchantments part is automagically finished while doing 10 spire encounters for all whom I know + there is a chance to get some from NH. Next daily 3 is easy as it aligned to tournament start (those 7 provinces = 3 spells).

Enevhar Aldarion

quest are totally impossible for small players, i have already ended all quests for 18 months on different cities (4 worlds at differents level) but i don't think it's possible for a small city to succeed here ... and developers should think to have a better mix with quest and wait several quest before asking same resources.

No, they are not impossible. I started my Beta city on the 4th or 5th day of the Air Trader event, back at the beginning of June, and I have completed every single quest in every event since then, including the Air Trader, when my city was still in the first few chapters. And my city is now mid-chapter 8, in just 6 months of playing.

galrond

That 5 enchantments part is automagically finished while doing 10 spire encounters for all whom I know + there is a chance to get some from NH. Next daily 3 is easy as it aligned to tournament start (those 7 provinces = 3 spells).
Hmm I see a lot of spellfragments and timeboosteres in spire, but not many enchantments. As far as I know windfall, coinrain and CC, don´t count as enchantments.
Even if they did, I think it´s farstreched to say, that 5 has surely been gathered after finishing 10 encounters in spire.
The NH is a valid, but not reliable, source of enchantments. So MA and tournament are the sure givers (and the chests between chapters gives too).

Enevhar Aldarion

Hmm I see a lot of spellfragments and timeboosteres in spire, but not many enchantments. As far as I know windfall, coinrain and CC, don´t count as enchantments.
Even if they did, I think it´s farstreched to say, that 5 has surely been gathered after finishing 10 encounters in spire.
The NH is a valid, but not reliable, source of enchantments. So MA and tournament are the sure givers (and the chests between chapters gives too).

CCs count when the quest asks you to collect enchantments, but they do not count when it says to use enchantments.

Status
Not open for further replies.