• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Won't fix [34302] Inconsistent collection amounts from Main Docks

Pauly7

Game version: v1.117-beta.2-(38e343f) - flash (2020-10-27 09:12)
HTML5 Yes/No: No
Game world: Beta-1
Browser/IOS/Android + version: Browser v1.117
Flash Player version: (2020-10-27 09:12)
Operating System or Mobile Device: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 1920 x 1080
Account name: Pauly7
Humans or Elves: Human

Reproducibility: 5/5 (happens always)

Quest title: (if applicable) N/A

Current situation:
When collecting goods from the Air Traders Main Docks it flashes up a value that is being collected, but this does not match the actual amount that is being collected.

Expected situation:
For the pop up that tells me the goods being collected to match what is delivered to the inventory

Reproduction Steps
Collect from the Main Docks after 24 hours
2. Observe the amount shown in the pop up
3. Observe that the amount added to the inventory is different

Screenshots of the bug:
OK, this is the best way that I can display what happens. The first screenshot shows the pop up telling me the goods. I had "collect 4,000 silk" as the active cyclable quest. The second screenshot shows the actual amount gained when I collected from the building.

Capture1.PNG
Capture2.PNG

Last edited:

Konys

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
We're not able to reproduce it; if someone is still experiencing the same "issue", please let us know.

Pauly7

Just tried it again, now in a new chapter. The floaty icon above the main docks now reports 2,972 silk being delivered. I'm not certain how much I actually got because I only looked at the cycling quest asking for silk and this now goes straight to the 4,000 required. I suspect I'm getting somewhere between 4,000 and 4,500. Next time I'll check against the inventory total, before and after.

It seems strange that you can't reproduce this. It doesn't look like some sort of glitch that can be particular to me.

Loynis

Ex-Team Member
I would like to add some more detailed reproduction steps.

Current situation:
When (early) collecting goods from the Air Traders Main Docks, if there is(are) set bonus(es) available, you collect more goods than you should. The bonus amounts are credited as full, even if you collect early.

Expected situation:
To collect the correct amount.

Reproduction steps:
Have a Main Dock (any level) built in the city (Screenshots are taken from a level 3 Main Dock)
2. Have at least one other Ait Traders Set building connected to Main Dock, so that Main Dock is granted with at least one set bonus. (Two bonuses are available in the screenshots)
3. Basic production for Main Dock is x, both first and second bonuses are also x each. (==> x = 415 for level 3)
4. Hover your mouse over the Main Dock to see the information window t hours after the production starts, where 24 < t < 48. (==> t = 31:42 h in screenshots)
5. Observe: Current Production shows as;
5a. If one set bonus is available ==> 2x * (t / 48)
5b. If two set bonuses are available ==> 3x * (t / 48) (==> 821 in screenshots)
6. Collect the goods from Main Dock t hours after the production starts.
7. Observe: Amount A, which appears over the building, shows as;
7a. If one set bonus is available ==> 2x * (t / 48) (Same value as step 5a)
7b. If two set bonuses are available ==> 3x * (t / 48) (Same value as step 5b) (==> 821 in screenshots)
8. Observe: Amount B, which appears below the top HUD, shows as;
8a. If one set bonus is available ==> (x * (t / 48)) + x
8b. If two set bonuses are available ==> (x * (t / 48)) + 2x (==> 1103 in screenshots)
9. Observe: What you actually collect is the amount shown in B (step 8a or 8b)

Note:
If no set bonus is available
or
If you collect after 48 hours (full production)
==> the equations in steps 5,7 and 8 all return the same value ==> Bug will not be apparent.

Screenshots:

Step 5b:

1604951279139.png

Steps 7b and 8b:

1604951434551.png

Marindor

It turns out that fixing these blimps is more complicated than it seems, and for now it's been decided not to spend more developer's time on fixing this issue.

Pauly7

It turns out that fixing these blimps is more complicated than it seems, and for now it's been decided not to spend more developer's time on fixing this issue.
No worries, I think it not being fixed benefits us, right?