• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic - The Snow Owl Express

Earwen1

I realy don't like the new Solve encounters thing. If you want us to solve encounters, at least don't dictate us how to solve them. The main reason (impossible fighting with no evo to feed) has been mentioned above.
We have to feed the Owl egg! :p
Agree with you, this is a bit odd...

Dony

King of Bugs
In this year's Winter Magic event, opening the Post Boxes will "charge" the Reveal Two and Double Reward bonuses, instead of them being hidden on the board for you to discover at random. Also the Shuffle has been removed from the board itself, and instead can also be triggered on demand.
while both of those changes are nice they bring new issues with it
1. charges doesnt overflow and in many cases we loose those charges because those 2 power are unusable at given time
if we want to maximize effect of those powers we must use it whenever they are charged which means that all strategy is taken from us, if we hesitate too long to use them we will on the end lose those powers many times during event
2. powers can not be combined like in old iteration, so no more 4x reveal option
3. reshuffle which cost 45 keys doesnt give any winter gift for grand prize progression
in the old iteration it costed the same as any other opening and it gave 1 progress point

so things to reconsider: allow charges to overflow similar to vision vapor in MA and give us 1 progress point after using reshuffle for 45 winter gifts

Pauly7

Scream of Halloween, Cemetery, Headless Halloween and Freakenspleen were main prizes of 2016/2017/2018/2019 Halloweens and they returned as daily so i don't know why Tower of the Winter King cannot return at least as main prize between artifacts.
It would seem a little bit strange if one of the daily prizes or one of the incidental progress prizes ended up being something that's better than the grand prize by several fold.

Arthus

It would seem a little bit strange if one of the daily prizes or one of the incidental progress prizes ended up being something that's better than the grand prize by several fold.

It's already a fact since a few events tbh, here i see people excited for goblin gift shop, not for owl :/
Main prize should be much better than dailies not other way around and mediocre in everything... :/

galrond

I totally agree. Fighting Encounters is a thing I can not do; Pet Food rarely appears for crafting.
Ain't this quest after the 5th? because as soon as you get the baseplat of the owl, you can place it and use a pet food on it.
So it´s "fight and win" red encounters OR make room in your city for a 4X4 building.......
I guess some ppl would see both as impossible :eek:
I didn´t give it much attention in my city, when I had open provinces, that I was going to fight anyway :cool:
But aren´t one of ideas of the "or" requirements, to give ppl who find the first task impossible, the option do a (potentially timeconsuming), but mundane alternative?

CrazyWizard

I would love it to be one of the main prizes instead of 1 of 1000 portal profits.
Scream of Halloween, Cemetery, Headless Halloween and Freakenspleen were main prizes of 2016/2017/2018/2019 Halloweens and they returned as daily so i don't know why Tower of the Winter King cannot return at least as main prize between artifacts.
You ment the only prize?
as those have historically been a "small event" with a questline that leads up to a single/double prize.
Juyst because 1 thing happened once or twice doesn't mean it has to be that case all the time. (1st phoenix main P2W prize also returned as a daily prize last year)

Maybe someday it will return, maybe even this event. but to keep making post that thew MUST do this all the time becomes old.

So i'll guess you changed your venars III fetish now to the best building we have ever seen ingame (tower of the winter king)

CrazyWizard

So it´s "fight and win" red encounters OR make room in your city for a 4X4 building.......
I guess some ppl would see both as impossible :eek:
I didn´t give it much attention in my city, when I had open provinces, that I was going to fight anyway :cool:
But aren´t one of ideas of the "or" requirements, to give ppl who find the first task impossible, the option do a (potentially timeconsuming), but mundane alternative?

To use a pet food (which is not the first time we had this assignment) you need a pet food building.
The main goal of a large event (from a dev point of vieuw) is to develop your evolution building.

The main point is that an assignment must be possible to achieve for everyone. "not playing" by for example not willing to placing a magic academy, barracks or in this case and evolution building in your town. is a choice you have as a player. but some choices might have consequences.

The main point it should be possible for the player to do this assignment if he or she wants to, if they do not want to, then it is there choice. (assuming this is not an assignment before you get the prize as I do not know the list of assignments)

DeletedUser1953

Paying for reshuffle !? Why do not enable reshuffle after 10 opened box or add the reshuffle as a price (and then we can use when we want) (sure we can loose 1 KP/relic price as a price but ... !) ?

galrond

16 squares + 4 roads shared = 18 squares.
I don´t think it´s fair to count it like that.
The fact, that it needs road acces has nothing to do with it´s own size.
Maybe the road´s already there to connect other buildings.
Maybe you have to alter your entire city, and in the process use more roads to connect it.
As a rule, a city with large buildings needing connection, uses fewer roads, than a city with a lot of small buildings needing connection.
The larger buildings on the other hand, can be more difficuld to fit in. That can demand extra too.
As said I don´t like that way to count connection dependency, but I´m non the less curious how different buildings should be counted.
In the answer to this plz bear in mind, that all buildings in the city aren´t just placed on one long road.
I don´t expect to be won over, but on the other hand don´t I think it´s lame thinking either. Far from.
I know it´s a bit off-topic, but I hope moderators will look the other way this once. I don´t want it to be a long dissusion. Rather a short "briefing", when I don´t think it´s a question of right or wrong :)

DeletedUser1953

Underwhelming grand prize to say the least. Might be the weakest one of all time.

Mana equal to 1.5 mana huts =7.5sq (10sq of sawmills)
T4 equal to 1.2h in factory = 3.25sq
pop equal to 0.5 res = 8.25sq
-----------------
19 squares of value and it takes up 18 squares in a city. Sure, I didn't put a value in the culture, but you can't MM an owl either.

woohoo?

Just for comparison, a fully evolved witch hut:
Heavey ranged equal to 7.7 Grounds of the orc strategists =69sq
Orcs equal to 3.25 orc nests =29.25sq
pop equal to 0.35 res = 5.75sq
plus 3 KP per day
------------------------------
104 squares of value in 18sq.

I would rather have a stage 1 witch hut than a stage 10 owl. :oops:
Too short, it depends on which res you take (std/magical) and res need culture.
Factory need massive pop, culture & supplies.
With std red and if we use the culture, at elemental pop&cul => 29 sq
Mana hut is the best mana building, and you forget the road !

The building is good (>200% std) (but not an ultimate building) when it produces sentients good, before it is bad, standard buildings are easier to manage !

We need to add the road to the building, for my part, i take the smallest border/2 (it is an average when city are good designed), thus the building takes 18 sq.
Another problem is that the active effect is useless but because of that we can not buf the building.

As ultimate building, you forget Ice Giant Tag ! it is the good season for this building too !

Last edited by a moderator:

Lovec Krys

The main point is that an assignment must be possible to achieve for everyone. "not playing" by for example not willing to placing a magic academy, barracks or in this case and evolution building in your town. is a choice you have as a player. but some choices might have consequences.
That doesn't count for evo buildings.
Last evo building (Witch hut) isn't feedable and red provinces are around chapter 3, so it' entirely possible for players to have impossible fights with no feedable evo building. In this case the only way to do this quest is to place the owl lv1 into your city and feed it - provided you have a 4x4 place and a pet food to feed it. By my opinion, this quest is simply a design fault.

The main goal of a large event (from a dev point of vieuw) is to develop your evolution building.
It's devs' fault that they refuse to see how horrible stats most of those main prizes evos have. Most of them would need at least 5 to 10 additional levels to be at least somewhat usefull.

DeletedUser2735

The Worst thing on that damned shuffleboard?
You have to pay 45 keys to shuffle, nearly 2 times a "chest", but you dont get a waypoint for that.
Are you thinking about, what you are doing?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3314

Another fight quest, my troops ain't even recovered from the last quest and lost. :(
1605253741578.png

aliceFalling

"fight and win" should be banned and replace by "resolve"
if the cavalieri dello zombiaco are right (and they usually are) this quest happens only twice in the event... two times too many but still only twice. yes, resolve is better.