• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Gambling in Craftsino

PaNonymeB

Spending 50 :diamond: to get 5 random recipes... this really sounds like gambling. (I'm not even sure there aren't legal issues.)

Enevhar Aldarion

Because you can get diamonds without spending money, it will avoid any legal issues, even in countries with stricter laws. Like Belgium, I think it is, that banned loot boxes. Or the stricter gambling laws in Japan.

SoggyShorts

Yup, it's gambling, but so is spending any diamonds on events, it's just less obvious.

Regarding the legality of loot mechanics in gaming: at some point, the hand-holding should stop IMO.

Sure, gambling + kids = bad, but why does your kid have access to your MasterCard?
If not a kid, then paying money to buy diamonds for something you can get for free is your first choice with choosing to spend them on anything being a second choice.
Where does personal responsibility start?

That being said, I'm a very big supporter of "If I do this, I will get that" game design with the element of chance being minimal.
If the odds aren't reasonable I vote with my wallet.