• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures

Wowwie

seems to be posted throughout different forums that Inno is changing the FA so is this just rumour, speculations or was it verified somewhere

Dony

King of Bugs
seems to be posted throughout different forums that Inno is changing the FA so is this just rumour, speculations or was it verified somewhere
There was a CM meeting in September where was said that INNO is planning to improve already existing features of the game in coming future (call it a buff, nerf, rebalance, redesign, whatever).
You can read more about it at DE forums.
Lets be real, FA had many flaws and i am glad that they are changing it, i am sure that players and developers werent happy about cities full of lvl1 workshops and manufactories.
Let me speculate here, this change wasnt possible before they changed tournaments and now when tournaments are more "competitive" they can play main role in the new FA where space is not the main factor to be the first, you can already saw that chapter 17 cities were almost excluded from doing FA and that change was required so those cities could actually play FA with their normal cities. My prediction is that TOP FA spots will go for tournament heavy fellowships, lets see how it pans out.

Lovec Krys

@Dony The problem with Inno improving things lately has been that they changed them for worse, so I don't expect anything good from this change too - well, we will see (and who cares about to be first in FA, I don't expect them to give us better rewards (following many recent changes they could give us 1 1Kp instant and 1 1min time instant for the whole FA)).

Dony

King of Bugs
there are a lot of old badges too (at least for now), so still need cities full of lvl1...
not really, if they make other badges so hard that you will be able to make only few, then there will be zero reasons to have many lvl1 buildings, and maybe they are rebalancing old badges aswell to go on par with this change
since you need all badges in the pit and if only 1 badge will be the bottleneck all other badges will be equally affected

Deleted User - 81190

Lets be real, FA had many flaws and i am glad that they are changing it, i am sure that players and developers werent happy about cities full of lvl1 workshops and manufactories.
I am not imaginative enough to think how any changes to existing FAs can make it worse than it already is. But I have high hopes for Elvenar developers, they rarely disappoint in this regard. All this tournament stuff is getting old, I need new reasons to grab more popcorn.

Karvest

To even get to the pit your FS need a big bunch of lvl1 buildings. Not everybody is forced to build them, but they are still needed.

Enevhar Aldarion

there are a lot of old badges too (at least for now), so still need cities full of lvl1...

Remember that not all types of FA use all the badges. So even though all the badges are still in the game data, that does not mean we will have to make them. But yeah, we have to be prepared to make shanty towns, just in case.

Pauly7

Remember that not all types of FA use all the badges. So even though all the badges are still in the game data, that does not mean we will have to make them. But yeah, we have to be prepared to make shanty towns, just in case.
Yeah they will likely call it Fellowship Adventure type F, which could give them the option to revert back to previous systems in later adventures. I would doubt it, though, because they would then have to change back the badges that have been re-purposed with different types of productions. I think it's fairly safe to say that we can kiss those pesky Treants goodbye.

Enevhar Aldarion

Yeah they will likely call it Fellowship Adventure type F, which could give them the option to revert back to previous systems in later adventures. I would doubt it, though, because they would then have to change back the badges that have been re-purposed with different types of productions. I think it's fairly safe to say that we can kiss those pesky Treants goodbye.

I wish we could kiss those Statues goodbye! lol

But the real question is, what do we have to do to make these 5 new badges? Is that in the data too?

edeba

There was a CM meeting in September where was said that INNO is planning to improve already existing features of the game in coming future (call it a buff, nerf, rebalance, redesign, whatever).
Let me speculate here, this change wasnt possible before they changed tournaments and now when tournaments are more "competitive" they can play main role in the new FA where space is not the main factor to be the first, you can already saw that chapter 17 cities were almost excluded from doing FA and that change was required so those cities could actually play FA with their normal cities. My prediction is that TOP FA spots will go for tournament heavy fellowships, lets see how it pans out.
Interesting Dony... In the summer my live FS played the FA with a goal to win, and came second by about 1% on an 67k FA score. But wow, we had cities with over 200 workshops. We didn't win because 3 did not participate and many really only dived in after the FA started, so, for example, one of the cities with over 200 workshops added about 150 of them on the 3rd day... I set my city up 4-5 days early, but I even added about 20% more after it started. Collectively, by 3 days in we close to doubled what we'd started with.

But, I've thinking about doing the FA to compete like that and our FS was planning to have another go next year some time, but with this new tournament and massive increase in cost for the tournament, well, there's no way you can support your team like you could before. I was able to provide a transfer of goods to any teammate that felt their goods production suffered too much from the event and I did give about 30 million goods to my teammates. This new tournament also slaughtered that kind of ability for internal FS support as I'm using huge goods in the tournament now, and I don't think I could afford the lost production from my own city because of the changes.

So how they are making changes that would over come that is super interesting... Now you have me wondering if there will be tournament and spire badges...

galrond

@Dony The problem with Inno improving things lately has been that they changed them for worse, so I don't expect anything good from this change too - well, we will see (and who cares about to be first in FA, I don't expect them to give us better rewards (following many recent changes they could give us 1 1Kp instant and 1 1min time instant for the whole FA)).
Different FA like to compete in different fields.
So the "who cares about to be first in FA".... Not you, I can understand. Me neither.
But someone does. It´s the same drive as being 1. in spire or tournament.
Before the new tournament I frankley didn´t care, if my FS scored 45k or 85k.
The reward was the same. But I knew many in my FS cared. They wanted higher ranking, so I contributed with what I thought was reasonable.
Some in this tread also complained, that the FA ended on a weekday. I guess they care :D

There´s several problems with FA:
- someone can easily be locked out from rewards
- many badges are produced needlessly
- the rewards-efford ratio is way too low compared to other events

The badge production part is straight forward: you can always produce a lot of badges.
The limiting factors are:
- how much time do you want to spend
- how much are you willing to cripple your city, to get the space needed
- how much are you willing to use speed-ups, spells, and other ressources, knowing the output ain´t worth the investment
This don´t differ that much from other events. It´s on a way bigger scale, but same principle.

The badge delivering part on the other hand is complicated:
The limiting factors are:
- do you have any of the badges needed in the current point
- is anyone from your FS online to deliver the badges needed
- are the points, where you could have put a badge filled, and you then get excluded from the reward
- do your moronic guildmates toss their badges all over the place
- does one of your moronic guildmates click "next level", when one or more points could easily be filled
- and so on.......

There´s simply so many ways, to see your hard work go down the drain:mad:
Your guildmates don´t have to be stupid, evil or obstructive for things to go wrong.
Simple miscommunication or inability to be online at the "right" moment easily does the trick.
I think INNO overestimates the ability to cooperate in FS:p

I don´t know how INNO should remake FA to make it more likeable, but I have a few ideas to minor improvements:
1) You should get all rewards, that your FS earns. No matter when you contribute. Just give all the rewards after event, along with ranking reward.
2) There should also be rewards to the FS, when they reach different point tresholds. Not only the ranking reward.
3) Every badge should count for something. So either give points, when a badge is produced, or when they´re trown in an alternative pitt.

I know, that point 3) requires a lot of scaling between the badges, and hence will take long time to implement. But points 1) and 2) seems pretty straight forward.
I like the idea, that FA is pure FS rewards only. That makes it different from the other events (solo rewards only), and tournament/spire (both solo and FS rewards).
I guess, that I may have said some of the above before in other threads/context, but a little refresher don´t hurt (I hope);)
Feel free to improve/comment on my ideas. I know they´re not perfect. They´re meant as a bandaid not a cure:cool:

galrond

So how they are making changes that would over come that is super interesting... Now you have me wondering if there will be tournament and spire badges...
I think in the way of "produce xxxx goods/supplies" like troops and coins. They use that in other events already.
But I would welcome tournament, spire (and maybe world combat) badges. They use that in other events already too.

Wowwie

Thanks everyone :)