• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Mystery of the Misty Forest

karld

I like this mini game. It's a change of pace from the previous events and it's interesting once you get the hang of it. It's not that I disliked the old formats, but it's nice to have something totally different that requires some thought and isn't a lot of semi-mindless clicking. My city is in Chapter 2 and I've been able to progress enough to evolve my Witch Hut to level 6. I may get to level 7, but I'm not counting on it. Since I'm only in Chapter 2 and don't much of anything I'm happy enough with that and I appreciate having the frogs it produces. It has come in handy to have some heavy ranged troops already. I've also won some other nice prizes in the process. I was somewhat unfortunate in that there were times where I didn't want to win the daily prize and was hoping for things like KP and supply instants. Of course, when I don't want to win the daily prize that's when I was winning like crazy. I now have 6 building in my inventory that I have no space for, but at least I can use them for spell fragments.

guivou

end of event in the morning and not at the end of the day as usual ????

1603175390084.png

not enough time to complete all quest first time since i play elvenar : very difficult to complete quest since my change of era , new quantities for collecting tools and goods are too big now. (i can do only one quest per day )

Wowwie

Carrot on a Stick being lead to water but when we got there the well was dry
whats with all the locked quest its so annoying no items or quest to recieve a daily but daily were hard to get only the useless one we got way to many of

karld

Might sound harsh but...If a player can't complete an entire event in the first week of play in part because they do not ask anyone for assistance... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It is indeed a bit harsh. I'm in Chapter 2 and it's not a trivial matter to do quests both to grow my city and for the event and to fight tournament when I have so little to work with. Right now I'm trying to get 3 CC spells for an event quest. That takes 58.5 hours in my MA which is 1/3 of a week for just one quest and nobody can help me with that, so completing the entire event in one week seems a bit ambitious.

SoggyShorts

end of event in the morning and not at the end of the day as usual ????

View attachment 8116

not enough time to complete all quest first time since i play elvenar : very difficult to complete quest since my change of era , new quantities for collecting tools and goods are too big now. (i can do only one quest per day )
What chapter? ( not that it will help you, but it could help the developers)
completing the entire event in one week seems a bit ambitious.
And it should be hard, no? I mean if a 21-day event was easy for a brand new city to do in under a week, how would it be for established, prepared, and experienced cities? Done in 48h?

That said, the CC quests are rough, and perhaps a small city alternative like scout a province could work.

DeletedUser3314

Maillie

I have come to the end of the quests. I have 33 hours left, but I still need 3 more cats to get another hat to make it to level 8 of the building. I have no way to purchase another package of candles, flasks, etc. Whatever little I'll be able to collect of the Magical Ingredients won't be enough. Considering how often and how long I can be online, plus we had an extra day, I'm afraid that many of my fellowship members in my live city will not be able to even get this far. Most won't use the space to put down a building that's at maybe level 5 or 6.

guivou

changed from chapter 4 to 5 in the event : in chapter 4 quest were ok but since 5 several quest takes 1 day ( at that level not much enchanted item to use to speed process and cc quest takes several days , i have no complete spire library but several on live)

14 quests remaining but 8 artefacts won (luck or good strategy not to clear the map ?), so on live it should be possible to get 9 artefacts
1603256368867.png

Last edited:

TomatoeHu

This is a fun game but a few fixes will make it more fluent and more enjoyable for players. These are some simple quality of life event changes Inno should make.

The candle release is terrible. Having not played until today - i have to say that it feels like we are being tricked into using more candles then necessary. Even when i use extreme caution, move slow, click the candle back to rid my mouse of it, the candle will occasionally still appear in my hand, requiring additional clicks to detach it from my grip. This is a very poor animation, glitch or purposely designed to cost us more candles. I have not had the same experience with the other too light options. I anticipate some angry players on live servers Thursday... whenever you win something from the misty forest we have that ever present and incredibly redundant Awesome window popping up while holding a candle..... Even if it is not possible to mis-click, it feels unsafe and it would be nice to close that window, not over any part of the misty forest.

Simple fix : After clicking and using 1 candle, 1 lantern or 1 flask it should immediately be used, logically, and there should be nothing left in hand. It is easier to go back and re-select the correct tool, then to drop what you have back at its base, before carrying on. Stop using secondary windows with the Awesome button. Flash the prize on the screen for a few seconds and float it away.

Also, I am a few packages in and also find the green plus button annoying next to my event currency total. why is that not the purchase more lanterns button instead of the diamond window? For most of the event, players will not be buying with diamonds, so its going to be irritating everyone the whole event. Not the sincerest way to approach players in the event, nor will it make us feel enticed to return to the game or event window. Players will not accidentally buy diamonds, but opening the window and having to close it a dozen times is not a great use of our time. It takes quite a bit longer to move through the forest, it is interesting format but that is all lost every time we are interrupted with another window on the screen, we need more seamless, uninterrupted activity.

Simple fix : Make it a bigger button that is clearly a diamond purchase button like the one we see in the FA., blue, with the diamond symbol. Make it big and top left where we are used to looking for it, make it exactly what we want to look for if needing to spend diamonds on more lanterns etc. don't have two identical buttons that do two different things. Deceiving.

DeletedUser3314

changed from chapter 4 to 5 in the event : in chapter 4 quest were ok but since 5 several quest takes 1 day ( at that level not much enchanted item to use to speed process and cc quest takes several days , i have no complete spire library but several on live)

14 quests remaining but 8 artefacts won (luck or good strategy not to clear the map ?), so on live it should be possible to get 9 artefacts
View attachment 8131
You've just reach a part where some quests take a bit longer, has nothing to do with ch4/5. I've also reached ch5 just a few days ago and don't find the last quests more challenging.

marmar

I love the quests, but feel a little disappointed in this one. The graphics are wonderful, but the game is disappointing. In the entire time of the event, I was only able to win 1 daily prize. The cost to get the tools to clear the fog are very expensive and hard to obtain for smaller players. With older events, you could save your ‘tools’ so that you could spin on the days with the prizes you really want. With this one, it didn’t seem to matter. The cost meant you could only get a package every few days, (most economical) and then only had a chance of finding what you wanted. The rewards for this one didn’t come close to other events. I’ve always looked forward to winning a few troops, but again.. maybe 1 or 2 were found in the days of the event. PS.. I did finish the quests, and was down to earning only 1 a day.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1681

As I've had time to spare these last few weeks I decided to give this system a second chance and admit now that it is more interesting, demanding some thinking. But...

But I still think that for casual player the rotating chest system is better - at least you could concentrate your tries at a chest that looked promising when it came to daily prizes you liked. I said earlier...
picking a chest that might give you some chances to get a daily prize that you like is one thing, but now wandering around to find a "chest" in the first place... nope, not having fun
...and that's how I still feel after playing as far as I could in two villages (chapter 15 and chapter 4). I did win daily prize a couple of times, but when I really wanted - nothing happening and didn't ever feel that I had a chance, very much unlike when playing rotating system. But then again didn't really see anything better (or even as good) than what I already had.

When it came to grand prizes it looked better, managed to get to level 7 both villages without trying really hard (well, I did log in 3 times a day but other than that). The value of the prize is better for the young village, at least in my case.

Activity always pays, but now that I'm returning to my casual 1-2 log-ins a day don't feel excited about starting this in live account. Decided not to comment in local forum, let the folks back there build their own opinions.

PS. A year ago I would not have believed if somebody said I would be using the academy as much as I have these past few weeks.

Pauly7

The candle release is terrible. Having not played until today - i have to say that it feels like we are being tricked into using more candles then necessary. Even when i use extreme caution, move slow, click the candle back to rid my mouse of it, the candle will occasionally still appear in my hand, requiring additional clicks to detach it from my grip
Yeah I agree too. The other thing that can happen is you can be trying to put the candle down, but then accidentally replace it with a lantern because you clicked in the wrong place. (You're lucky you don't try this on the mobile app @TomatoeHu... it's much much worse.)

Also, I am a few packages in and also find the green plus button annoying next to my event currency total. why is that not the purchase more lanterns button instead of the diamond window? For most of the event, players will not be buying with diamonds, so its going to be irritating everyone the whole event.
Also true. We can easily see why they did it, but it is just frustrating because of accidental clicks. It's not like anyone actually buys the diamonds because they did the old switch-eroo on the plus buttons.

FieryArien

On Mobile the candle release is indeed very very bad. Many times did the candle land on the square below the one I tried to target. The active square is right below my finger; when I do it correctly I don’t actually see (through my finger) where I’m placing it. Really really bad design. I’d much prefer if the candle was landing “above my finger”, where I actually see the board.

PaNonymeB

On Mobile the candle release is indeed very very bad. Many times did the candle land on the square below the one I tried to target. The active square is right below my finger; when I do it correctly I don’t actually see (through my finger) where I’m placing it. Really really bad design. I’d much prefer if the candle was landing “above my finger”, where I actually see the board.
Yes, especially with the indicator appearing above the finger (so not where the item is placed) while dragging it's misleading. I even first thought it was a bug.

Lovec Krys

Ok, event has ended, some notes:
New mechanics: OK, but takes more time (but at least that extra time goes for thinking and not for waiting for some stupid animation like in the "gift" style events).

I managed to get the Hut to max level (with reserve), so unless I was too lucky on beta, I should be able to get hut to max also on live.
On live I'll replace some other bulidings with the Hut, after so many garbage evos, this is at lesat worth replacing some older event buildings (not great, but at least worth)

Quests: Some quests are quite ugly for some cities. The last quest is also ugly (due to remaining time it basicaly forces vast majority of players to do the map encounters).
Personally I prefer all the daily quests to become standard event quests (so instead of having 75 quests divided into event quests and event daily quests, I would like to have 75 event quests (so yes, I would prefer to finish all quests within the first week, and after that just wait for preffered daily reward).

Daily rewards & side rewards: Don't like to see them getting nerfed even more with each event. What will be next - 1 daily reward average for the whole event and 1 rune in each chest?

Deleted User - 89608

Agreed, I *really* dislike hitting the daily quest timer. And then it all has to be timed just right. There are some daily quests that are quite tough. I'd like to have more time to do some of them. That's part of the reason I devote effort to doing so many quests as early as possible, to give myself as much leeway to accomplish things like tournament encounters during a tournament, and spire encounters before I finished it for the week.

Smiler

A first I was a bit apprehensive about the event but once I found out more about it, it became a lot of fun. I was in chapter 3 for most of the event. I managed 8 different daily prize buildings and I am 6 cats short of the ninth artefact.

The buildings from previous events are worth it. I really am pleased to have the Screams of Halloween. The graphics, as usual, were just out of this world.

I knew veterans do not have it all plain sailing in events especially with scouting and encounters but I have just reconfirmed newbies have other and equally tricky problems. Getting 3000 goods when your manufactory building gives 83-100 in 3 hours without spells or a phoenix was quite a challenge at times. There were others but all good and managed all the quests.