• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Mystery of the Misty Forest

HappyRose

Wasted 450+ points yesterday clicking every cloudy square,.. no instructions on app.. no options and the so called lightning up squares impossible to control
Fortunately my fellowship did a training video... I swapped to an ancient laptop, I had to dig out the back of a cupboard... and finally starting to see through the fog of frustration....

DO NOT try to learn this on app..
having started now... I have won 2 relics and a cash instant ... really poor for the number of points I’ve used up..
so frustrating and poor prizes ... good job the main building gives fighting units

SoggyShorts

Well, I didn't really doubt that. I have no problem beliving that a lantern/ flask can be twice as usefull as a candle. I just don't belive that they will ever be 3,5 / 5 times as usefull. And this is what the prices imply.
That's not quite right. The big package costs 420
18 candles =180
7 flasks worth 2 candles each = 140
7 Lantern worth 2 candles each = 140
180+140+140=460

They don't need to be 5x as useful, but they absolutely are 2x or more.
Also supplementing each package with 3-4 candles will add up to a lot of candles.
As I said, needing to supplement the big package would only happen in cases of extremely bad luck or terrible strategy. Certainly not "with each package" I meant once, or maybe twice for slow learners/unlucky for the whole event.
how do you know that these tiles are empty?
You don't in advance, but you always see every tile next to a revealed tile, and sometimes when you reveal a tile, the one next to it is empty- as in totally empty, no fog, nothing. When that happens you get to see all of the tiles surrounding that empty one.
With a little luck you will discover 2-3 of those in a row. A sort of naturally occurring tunnel. That is were the Lanterns and Flasks really pay off.
----------------------------------
As Dony said, the goal is not to move to the right, the goal is to reveal as many tiles as possible since prizes can be anywhere.

DeletedUser2954

I always though the idea of a beta test was that the developers thought this was ready to go but wanted a large user test to flush out bugs by doing things the developers hadn’t done. The comms around this (a completely useless video on youtube about the opening graphic) added nothing and the learning curve has been pretty steep on the app mainly because understanding what tiles have been cleared and are empty and what is still to be cleared are not easy to see if at all and a drag and drop way of playing was not mentioned anywhere. I am sure I will enjoy it eventually and work out a strategy to play this but the app version and commS were not ready for beta when it was released. Nice try but frustrating and annoying for a lot of users

Skillpowers

im kinda understanding it a little bit on how to use certain things best

1601665741093.png

DeletedUser2354

Thus far it has been a waste of my time. The kinds of taskS need to be broadened. Far too many encounters required and Vision vapors/crafting activites. Thus far I have only gained the primary piece to be evolved and nothing I can use to further my progress in Elvenar. I do expect it to get better.

PixieBimbo
It has gotten better. Make sure players know to update their version. That may have contributed to my problems. Prizes are still seldom. I find the interface very slow. First prize I got was. Regiment which is always nice.

Deleted User - 90665

I don't know if it is because I only started Beta yesterday and already had the witch Hut and an evolve, amongst other things, but It just reset everything, I lost my "lost goods" and got a second witches hut, but all my point tokens disappeared..

Ursus Major

This is the same thing as Forge of Empires ... this system has been in use there for many months ... and a lot of players love it.
But we are here on Elvenar. What's the point to take exemple on Forge of Empire ? If some people want to play FOE, they just have to go there. Did Elvenar's team have no more ideas ? Did they have to copy other ones ?
I don't like this event because of this system.

The building is ok.
The labyrinth why not, it's a fun idea.

but in my fellowship there is still a lot of person how don't understand how it works...
And I have use 690 magic bag yesterday and i never succeed to have the building two by two ... What a cost for nothing!!!
And the chest : really ??? They have announced 12 kind of chest but there is nothing interesting in them.
I am disappointed... pfff

DeletedUser3314

edeba

Well, learning the event's mechanics is one thing, but use it effectively is another.
And one more concern rises with the new mechanics: Whether the developement team used it to again nerf the rewards from an event or not.
Last event was a massive price increase to get artifacts, and I think people were more likely to pay it to get their bears upgraded, but even though the witch hut is lovely, I don't think it will ever measure up to getting bears upgraded. I think anyone that purchased for the last event is probably still smarting over how much more expensive it was then they expected. I would suspect they hurt future sales and probably priced themselves past what many people are willing to pay.

i want a straight-forward way to work thru an event...real life is complicated enough, i just want to relax in a game. the convoluted and difficult tech requests plus the complicated productions in later chapters atop the convoluted event methods and double quests (like asking for 20hr-production catalysts AND whatever or 45 hr+- Scouting (in the last chapters) and whatever) is a tedious process... NOT fun anymore.
I found quite the opposite, the mini-game is very refreshing. I kind of liked the strategic twist added to how well you do on the event.

Copied the parts that really mirrored my feelings :rolleyes:
I mean, picking a chest that might give you some chances to get a daily prize that you like is one thing, but now wandering around to find a "chest" in the first place... nope, not having fun.
Last year I started to skip the events, last spring had a newish village and played the airship event as far as I could, but it's been downhill since then.
Maybe there are good daily prizes around, but I just can't see having a real chance of winning them anymore - no matter what statistics / strategies are presented.
I think a year or so back someone from the "team" said that events are biggest earners, I myself seem to remember last buying dias in some easter event maybe a couple of years back. There's nothing here to tempt me to buy now.
I am not spending money on this event because I'm just not spending money on this game because of the new tournament, and for me, I was spending money on events because I liked the chest prizes (time instants). It is impossible to justify any further spending when they've drastically increased the price, removed what you consider the most valuable daily prizes and slaughter the value of previous purchases.

Again, no alternative for chapter 1 accounts. :(
Lol, what, do you have a game that you are staying at chapter 1 for the fun of it, lol.

Wasted 450+ points yesterday clicking every cloudy square,.. no instructions on app.. no options and the so called lightning up squares impossible to control
Fortunately my fellowship did a training video... I swapped to an ancient laptop, I had to dig out the back of a cupboard... and finally starting to see through the fog of frustration....

DO NOT try to learn this on app..
having started now... I have won 2 relics and a cash instant ... really poor for the number of points I’ve used up..
so frustrating and poor prizes ... good job the main building gives fighting units
I was quick to try and warn and I predicted this problem right away in the forum. And really, if you want to buy say 500 witch hats, which is the closest package to 450, well, that's 2250 diamonds... That's in the range of wasting what would cost you $20 to replace... So, they will do a better job releasing it to live, but there is going to be a lot of frustrated players. I played this kind of thing in another game where you could just go play some other part and earn more resources for the mini game, so wasting them in the learning curve wasn't such a bit deal.

one more way in which inno is trying to turn Elvenar into an elven/human version of Forge of Empires. STOP IT ALREADY!!! heretofore Elvenar has been a superior game to FoE, please don't bring it down to the same level as FoE. there's a reason why people play Elvenar instead. i, for one, don't care to play two identical games. of the event formats, i greatly preferred the Zodiac format, and the Air Traders format. this format stinks in Forge of Empires and it stinks here. please don't inflict it on live worlds.

Enevhar Aldarion

one more way in which inno is trying to turn Elvenar into an elven/human version of Forge of Empires. STOP IT ALREADY!!! heretofore Elvenar has been a superior game to FoE, please don't bring it down to the same level as FoE. there's a reason why people play Elvenar instead. i, for one, don't care to play two identical games. of the event formats, i greatly preferred the Zodiac format, and the Air Traders format. this format stinks in Forge of Empires and it stinks here. please don't inflict it on live worlds.

There are dozens of games that use this format for events and mini-games, not just FoE. I am just surprised it took Inno this long to use it here.

Maillie

The old chests became less and less prize worthy, but at least we could pick which of the least prizes we could avoid and occasionally win the daily prize.

I'm going to have a sale on Coin Rains this weekend, if anyone is interested. Even that hasn't come up in a while. There has been nothing to click on for most of the day, just blank fog everywhere. (And no, I don't want to see the Coin Rains and Supply Instants deleted, the small cities actually need those.)

You tried to lure us into the FOE Shuffle game, telling us that FOE LOVED that game. When it was first brought here I logged on to find someone in chat yelling "OH NO! It's the horrible Shuffle game from FOE! Everyone HATED it there!" Could we please just get Elvenar games to play in Elvenar?
Perhaps instead of giving us back to back games with less and less prizes, it would be better to give us less games with better prizes. Something to actually look forward to. The prizes here look quite decent, but I don't know anyone that has won them. I haven't.

SoggyShorts

How are those "Produce a good amount of basic, crafted, or magical goods" for small cities?
I'm in chapter 15 and even with all of my legacy set buildings, I seem to struggle a bit.
There's a spot where I needed 51,000 or 81,000 for the quest and the quest was there 4 out of 5 in a row. Without set buildings, I'd need 56 3h productions to get through them.

SoggyShorts

Does anyone have a list of chests and rewards? The 7 I can see are pretty terrible..
chests.png

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

There are supposed to be 12 different lost items/chests, but I have not seen all of them yet. One I know for sure you do not have listed is one that also gives KP, but in smaller amounts and a lower chance at the daily prize.
I hope the rest are impressive. Kinda sad to only open them by accident (I've already passed by 2 after deciding they weren't even worth a candle)