• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Text Inconstistency in the definition of "enchantments"

PaNonymeB

The Wiki claims pet food and teleport building are enchantments, and they are displyed as such in inventory : https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Enchantments
However, quests that ask to gain or use enchantments are not counting these, and when this has been reported as a bug mods said it's because they aren't enchantments : https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/eventquest-does-not-recognize-enchantment.15503/
So what is the ACTUAL definition of enchantments ?
Whatever the answer is, something should be fixed somewhere.

Last edited:

Marindor

Hi @PaNonymeB , The answer that @PrimroseSylvia gave here is correct. When quests ask for enchantments, it means enchantments you can produce yourself. We will forward the feedback about it being confusing, to see if it's possible to rephrase it in a nice way. If you have any suggestions for that, please feel free to share them.

Aeva

It might be possible to distuingish between enchantment and spell.
Enchantment being used for Magic Academy all of them as a collective term.
Spell being used specific for the blue, purple and brown ones (Power of Provision, Ensorcelled Endowment, Magical Manufacturing).

galrond

To make matters worse, the description of CC says: "are used to make spells in AM".
Well I make spells with relics :p
I make something else with CC, maybe formulars? But NOT spells.
I don´t care much, what you call it. But it must be precise, and only mean one thing.
Btw. I don´t understand, why IM ain´t treated like PoP, EE and MM.

PaNonymeB

Hi @PaNonymeB , The answer that @PrimroseSylvia gave here is correct. When quests ask for enchantments, it means enchantments you can produce yourself. We will forward the feedback about it being confusing, to see if it's possible to rephrase it in a nice way. If you have any suggestions for that, please feel free to share them.
The point is, the same name shouldn't mean different things in different places of the game. (Well, actually I think there are "Enchantment items" and "Enchantments". But the names are way too close.)