• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

7/7/2020 Beta Life is too Quiet

Enevhar Aldarion

Hey everyone, We are pushing three weeks since the Air Traders event ended and there has been nothing, not even a FA or a Crafting Challenge to fill the time. I have only been on Beta for a little while, but played on the US servers for almost four years now. I do not remember this amount of quiet time happening before. Has there been this long of a gap in between events before and I just never noticed? The Air Traders event is just now ending on the Live servers, so should something new hit Beta this week, so that it can go Live a couple of weeks later? Also, I know there have been vague rumors posted before about the July event, but actual discussion of that is not allowed before it officially releases to Beta, so I am not really sure what I expect people to say here. lol

CrazyWizard

I was wondering the same, on the other hand it's quite refreshing to have a moment of relaxation.
It is suprising tho since I expected even more "events" due to the shortening of long events from ~30 to ~21 days.

Maybe covid is finally catching up with there schedule, since they started working at home we have seen an increase in bugs as marindor (I could be mistaken and that it was another CM) stated before it's more difficult for them to keep up with Q&A.
I would be delighted if they decided to free up part of there work schedule from new contend to fix this backlog of issues. if thats the case I would totally welcome this moment quietness.

Verde

Not at all minding a bit of a break :)
Development, QA, support ... all have kept us busy and distracted during a difficult time, and it can't have been easy for them either. Thank you all! :D

If they're perhaps now taking a bit of time free, for family and/or vacation as restrictions ease in many places, then it's well deserved.
And as we start to slowly try and recapture some normality, perhaps a bit less time in game isn't such a bad thing :rolleyes:

Arthus

I hope it's not about Sorcerers Pilgrimage (Golem) event that should start on Thursday but some new game mechanics.

Arthus

What new game mechanics are you hoping for?

Colonies like FOE ones, or something that allows to get more expansions which is recurring problem of the game right now and majority of youtube comments are about it (look last event video).

Enevhar Aldarion

Colonies like FOE ones, or something that allows to get more expansions which is recurring problem of the game right now and majority of youtube comments are about it (look last event video).

Without going and looking at them and then trying to figure out who those people are in-game, from comments I see in other places, I would bet most of those complainers are early to mid-game players, not those of us in the last couple of chapters. People are impatient and can't handle the pace of this game.

Arthus

Without going and looking at them and then trying to figure out who those people are in-game, from comments I see in other places, I would bet most of those complainers are early to mid-game players, not those of us in the last couple of chapters. People are impatient and can't handle the pace of this game.

It may be because i play 2 years and 3 months now and i remember what pace had the game before even portal profits were introduced.
Everything needed time. However chapters like 5 and 6 introduced 6 tech tree expansions each, now chapters introduce more and more buildings bigger and bigger each chapter with 2 expansions from tech tree. That's not balanced.

iDavis

@Arthus but keep in mind that it actually doesn´t matter how many expansions you give players, they will still have the same amount of free space (same "not enough"). More space we have, more buildings we build, higher our expectations are so are our productions, so such an increase in amount of city expansions would also mean more balancing changes to happen, and I think that´s not necessary.
When it comes to FoE settlements, except the fact that I don´t like that feature too much (building new settlement every month from scratch is not very my liking (= reason why I never played games like Tribal Wars)), but as I keep saying not everything in FoE must be in Elvenar too (and so we shouldn´t be complaining when it is not like that).

CrazyWizard

@Arthus but keep in mind that it actually doesn´t matter how many expansions you give players, they will still have the same amount of free space (same "not enough"). More space we have, more buildings we build, higher our expectations are so are our productions, so such an increase in amount of city expansions would also mean more balancing changes to happen, and I think that´s not necessary.
When it comes to FoE settlements, except the fact that I don´t like that feature too much (building new settlement every month from scratch is not very my liking (= reason why I never played games like Tribal Wars)), but as I keep saying not everything in FoE must be in Elvenar too (and so we shouldn´t be complaining when it is not like that).

I agree not everything in FoE should be in elvenar, but I really like the settlements idea, it's something I have been asking for for years now, way way way before it was introduced on FoE.
It also allowes the game to develop in muliple ways instead of linear (chater after chapter) this feature would allow for example each guest race with it's own unique features to be reintroduced as a pure guestrace settlement (on unur?) every so often, this also makes the game more versatile as you would not have to build the same settlement all over again but can choose another one.

iDavis

@CrazyWizard I believe it can enrich game development ideas in many ways, but unless there isn't some system which make even the same settlement different everytime you play it (and I mean different in more ways, than just some random layout of obstacles), I personally cannot imagine myself enjoying playing it for the second time.
Yes, having more different settlements can make it better, but I'm still not sure what would be that "delay" to get hyped about playing one of them again.

Enevhar Aldarion

Regarding FoE, the mods for the US forum don't want people even mentioning that game, much less comparing the two or crying about Elvenar not doing something that FoE does. As they say, these are two separate games, made by two totally separate dev teams that just happen to work for the same company. And they should stay separate. Adding the evolving buildings caused enough arguing between people about FoE, and we do not need more.