• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Chapter 16: Embassies

CrazyWizard

<The Tournament Arena grants 0.5 ranking points per level for each Chest reached by your Fellowship in the weekly Tournaments,>
What is a level in this case? We are always getting 10 chests ... but levels?

its 0.5 point per wonder level per chest for a maximum op 150 points per tournament or 180 points per spire at level 30 (on runelevels the count doubles so 1 point from 5 to 6, 10 to 11, 15 to 16 ect.)

palmira

So far, so good :) a well balanced race designed to be done leisurely in a better way then the previous one :)

Arthus

lol
as far as I can tell, those avoiding the must make squad sizes are stuck in chapter one

Don't be ignorant. Game doesn't tell you that after specific squad upgrade (33) located in Sorcerers Chapter, fights get much tougher.
That's one of the reasons why someone made 24 bears in live version and they made restrictions on events. It helped with fighting quests.

Those people who avoided must-make squad upgrades have much easier fights and make amazing scores in every tournament.
Those who made them, struggle.

That's why squad upgrades were all optional in chapter 15.
They told they were working on new fighting system that is not affected by squad size.
It's 2 years since they told it. That's why some players wait for chapter 17 now, to avoid being punished by must-make squad upgrades.
Maybe chapter 17 will include something to make up for that like new units or 4 star units or barracks. Chapter 16 doesn't.

(I don't care so i'm making chapter 16 anyway because i think they are overacting with this, 2 upgrades won't kill their scores THAT much).

Also, free drones are very nice for scroll tournaments and spire.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2630

When the research is so absurdly expensive, everything should be optional to spend on total nonsense.

CrazyWizard

Don't be ignorant. Game doesn't tell you that after specific squad upgrade (33) located in Sorcerers Chapter, fights get much tougher.
That's one of the reasons why someone made 24 bears in live version and they made restrictions on events. It helped with fighting quests.

Those people who avoided must-make squad upgrades have much easier fights and make amazing scores in every tournament.
Those who made them, struggle.

That's why squad upgrades were all optional in chapter 15.
They told they were working on new fighting system that is not affected by squad size.
It's 2 years since they told it. That's why some players wait for chapter 17 now, to avoid being punished by must-make squad upgrades.
Maybe chapter 17 will include something to make up for that like new units or 4 star units or barracks. Chapter 16 doesn't.

(I don't care so i'm making chapter 16 anyway because i think they are overacting with this, 2 upgrades won't kill their scores THAT much).

Also, free drones are very nice for scroll tournaments and spire.

In the end we still do a chaper, what if the next chapter after that DOES have a killer feature?
Then they are screwed even more as it takes ages to navigate this chapter. and yes it does hurt, but those same people that are really hurt by it, are the same people that want those ranking wonders.

As for rework of combat system?, I have never heared about that anywhere anytime. I should have known if they were since it scares the £"!%^ out of me if they acutally did that.
Are you sure you arent mixing spire system with tourney, as far as I know they told us they would not touch tournaments as far as they have planned ahead.
This was clearly communicated when the spire came out and people made that suggestion / observation.

If they did I am pretty sure it would not benefit us.

It's a 10% increase in difficulty btw, I think I can absorb that, but I am sure not everyone will be able to absorb that.
On the other hand we did get a massive tourney result increase when multiplayer spire came out.

So I don't like it, but i'll survive and adapt to is as always.

Jixel

So far, so good :) a well balanced race designed to be done leisurely in a better way then the previous one :)

Well balanced ... if you're in the top 50 players or so, I guess ? My Beta city is struggling to maintain 500k of T3 goods, and the new chapter is asking for 200k+ per technology ? Once again, these goods requirements are excessive, presumably intended to drain the stockpiles of those few who have hoarded from their 10 or more T3 factories. Great for them, but ridiculous for everyone else ...

Arthus

Well balanced ... if you're in the top 50 players or so, I guess ? My Beta city is struggling to maintain 500k of T3 goods, and the new chapter is asking for 200k+ per technology ? Once again, these goods requirements are excessive, presumably intended to drain the stockpiles of those few who have hoarded from their 10 or more T3 factories. Great for them, but ridiculous for everyone else ...

better prepare for 2 million orcs than goods. Goods can be given to you. Orcs don't.
Or use portal instants when you can.

DeletedUser2630

Without a portal profit, it doesn't even make sense, even before one million orcs are made, it's eternity...

Lovec Krys

And not to mention, that we can completely give up of ever training orcs strategists, since they consume large amount of orcs.

edeba

I hardly understood a word that and reading through trying to find clarity...

So this is giving weekly ranking points, and if I'm getting this correct, when you place it, if you have a 10 chest FS, you will get 5 ranking points each week, (0.5x1x10) and when fully leveled you will get 150 ranking points (0.5x30x10) each week? Is that correct?

<The Tournament Arena grants 0.5 ranking points per level for each Chest reached by your Fellowship in the weekly Tournaments,>
What is a level in this case? We are always getting 10 chests ... but levels?

edeba

I have this question as well and I did not see anything to help me clarify my understanding to even rewrite what I think it means. I am beyond clueless at how to interpret what a Spire crystal is....

Adorable! Just a question: what is a Spire Crystal? How does it work?

Arthus

I have this question as well and I did not see anything to help me clarify my understanding to even rewrite what I think it means. I am beyond clueless at how to interpret what a Spire crystal is....

It's a spire chest you open with your Fellowship every week.

There is 12 of them.

Jackluyt

I have screenshots of the tech tree and Settlement, Wonders and Culture buildings here, if you would like to share them with friends who do not play on Beta:

https://tinyurl.com/t9t9mxs

92130960_10216384726431376_3285910711724670976_n.jpg

DeletedUser332

The AWs seem mostly like a luxury. I have no doubt that players will build them for the ranking points (and a lot of the ones who will are the ones who are also going to 'somehow' have them at level 30 within a couple of weeks or so), but as far as helping the city, not a whole lot here. At least it shows that Inno's willing to provide us with more than just Barracks units with AW productions, so I suppose that's something to look forward to for future chapters/buildings.

I think this may have been referring to the Spire? Squad size seems to have little or no impact on the numbers used for battles there.

Arthus

The AWs seem mostly like a luxury. I have no doubt that players will build them for the ranking points (and a lot of the ones who will are the ones who are also going to 'somehow' have them at level 30 within a couple of weeks or so), but as far as helping the city, not a whole lot here. At least it shows that Inno's willing to provide us with more than just Barracks units with AW productions, so I suppose that's something to look forward to for future chapters/buildings.

I think this may have been referring to the Spire? Squad size seems to have little or no impact on the numbers used for battles there.

nope. Our local team told us that fighting system was in works to repair squad issues and the topic died since then, whatever.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1462

For those who have completed chapter 15 and seeing the sentient goods needed for chapter 16, what do you think is the "best" or at least a decent number (and at what leve) of T4,5,6 manufactories a city should have?
I have two steel sentient at level 24, two crystal sentient at level 24, and 3 elixir sentient (one at level 25 and two at level 24).
I kind of made a spreadsheet to see if it is better to upgrade my two sentient steel manufactories to level 31 or build an extra one to level 24.
If my numbers are right, of course I see an increase in the production per square but you give up some population/culture.

1586278498502.png