• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

What happened to mini-events, story-writing and timing of events?

Arthus

There were a lot of nice, 1 week-long or 10 days-long mini events in the past, with interesting stories, nice little rewards, celebrating many different occasions from around the world like Walpurgies Night, Tale of the Wandering Moon, Queen of the Seas, Crash and the Undead (mobile exclusive event), Days of Music, Menhirok's Duty and even more...

They all had interesting storyline from first to last quest, all were nice little time-takers, not very difficult to make and allowed big events to be shorter than 30 days.

Now we only had 1 mini event since Queen of the Seas and it was Halloween Event...

Will next event (May one) again swallow all mini-events and events around like "Summer Solstice 2019" swallowed both Beltane/Valpurgy 30th April/1st May mini-event and "March of the Herds" event? Carnival already swallowed Valentine's mini event...

Quests are original for like first 30 quests, then they are 1 sentence repeating over and over, nice interesting stories were told by mini-events and now there's none of them anymore. What happened to the creative team of this game?

Also... timing? everything is getting more and more stacked and squashed in time frames... Maybe give players a little bit of rest, especially just after introducing new chapters? Just a suggestion because it's getting really packed and looks hasted...

iDavis

Maybe give players a little bit of rest
I don't know about one single game, which would reach a success by giving players a rest. I don't want a rest - I want many opportunities and features to choose from and have fun doing them. That's the only way how can a game keep player active and engaged.

For the rest of your post - I'm pretty sure there is one simple answer for why did they stop releasing event questlines - no profits. Event quest lines, as we know them from Elvenar, was, in my opinion, one of the worst implementations of any event mechanics in general. They brought absolutely nothing into gameplay, they did not have any spark and potential, it was only one image followed by a collection of routine quests. They were absolutely not interesting for me and on the top of that - as you mentioned - they were easy, with almost no ways to spend diamonds on. I'm not sure why should Inno keep releasing this kind of events, when they already have such a good alternative as a big event is. I keep saying - I would like to have even more events, than we have now (maybe compensated by shorter duration). And when it comes to the story - I have never been reading it.

I hope the trend of replacing QLEs by big events (as we could see this Valentines) will continue (for example with Halloween).

Arthus

Then may they bless us with interesting storyline and useful rewards, not 15 buildings we won't use because there's nothing useful in dailies.

Lovec Krys

I don't care about storyline, But rewards I care.
Btw Inno is not the only one who profits more from big events replacing questlines. Players do too. Since you have more than one/two rewards than from the questline.
I even passed two of them lately since there was no interesting reward from them for me.

Karvest

Looking at next event - not sure. It's becoming worse and worse... shuffle again, and reworked in the way that I won't like any chest except daily reward and (may be) KP one. + grand prize like coldfire phoenix but without feeding. + filler grand prizes like in last event.
Hope that's not final view of the event and they will change it.

Last edited:

Lovec Krys

@Karvest Wait... by shuffle you mean that monstrosity from winter, which EVERYONE HATED?
If so, seriously developers, that's what you call listening? Or is your goal to get rid of players and go work on some other game?

Arthus

@Karvest Wait... by shuffle you mean that monstrosity from winter, which EVERYONE HATED?
If so, seriously developers, that's what you call listening? Or is your goal to get rid of players and go work on some other game?

This monstrosity allowed to get time shorteners and wishing wells.
Gathering of the Coronaphoenix didn't.

Easy math, please bring back monstrosity from winter with unlimited quests and chance for wishing wells.
Make events shorter but with useful rewards, instead of 30 days long with no useful rewards for more-than-newbie player.

You have 2 unused timed-buildings, one for negotiation costs. Bring them. Easy way for reward.

When royal restoration changes were made (players unable to upgrade residences with spells, no changes to the blueprints, in-game team told us that they will try to implement royal-restoration producing building, "similar to the carting library in work" (quote) . It's mid-2020, where is that promise which was part of the deal with the players to weaken royal restoration changes?

Last edited:

Karvest

No wishing wells this time, probably. (may be in daily reward, but doubt)
No time boosters as well.

Arthus

No wishing wells this time, probably. (may be in daily reward, but doubt)
No time boosters as well.

And evo building money/hammers/3 kp for all chapters? Or they changed it?
If no wishing wells again then a lot of players will quit.

Edit: we've got info that sentient goods T4+1 at last levels of May Tree
Hope they won't cut population like last building or it's another one to skip

Edit 2: aaaand they cut it, 1989 pop in chapter 16. Lovely. Same trash as coldfire.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Please stop with these redundant unsubstantiated conclusions, it´s beginning to be tiresome to read this on and on. This is not a wailing society.

A little late to this, but I just started a Beta account over the weekend because all the other servers were having their mysterious problems and I needed something to do.

Anyway, while I tend to not agree with a lot of what he says here, or under his US account name on that forum, players who were around before Wishing Wells were introduced are unlikely to quit for that reason, but someone who started playing after Wishing Wells were added to the game might quit because they never knew the game without an easy source of diamonds and cannot cope with not having them.

Now, on topic, I also miss the mini-events. I started playing close to four years ago and having four big events and four mini-events during a year gave me time to build my city and move through the game probably more quickly than I would have. Even when the Crafting Challenges and Fellowship Adventures were added, they still kept to the four big and four small event schedule. In 2019 we had three mini-events and nine big events. In 2020, with the June event, we are on four straight big events. That makes five big events in a row gong back to the Winter 2019 event. While I am not burned out on it seeming to be only big events only now, I still miss the small events and the interesting buildings that were the final prizes.

Lovec Krys

@Enevhar Aldarion I prefer bigger events over quest lines with single reward. While we get a lot of garbage there, we still have something usefull from that, while in the quest line you get just one building (something useless for me like the unicorn anniversary building). While i have never skipped a big event i have skipped few quest lines with single useless building as reward (why waste resources when the only thing I can get from it is something i don't want).
Something like the current anniversary could be more often (maybe with Carting Library as a final reward instead of the Unicorn something)

CrazyWizard

A little late to this, but I just started a Beta account over the weekend because all the other servers were having their mysterious problems and I needed something to do.

Anyway, while I tend to not agree with a lot of what he says here, or under his US account name on that forum, players who were around before Wishing Wells were introduced are unlikely to quit for that reason, but someone who started playing after Wishing Wells were added to the game might quit because they never knew the game without an easy source of diamonds and cannot cope with not having them.

Now, on topic, I also miss the mini-events. I started playing close to four years ago and having four big events and four mini-events during a year gave me time to build my city and move through the game probably more quickly than I would have. Even when the Crafting Challenges and Fellowship Adventures were added, they still kept to the four big and four small event schedule. In 2019 we had three mini-events and nine big events. In 2020, with the June event, we are on four straight big events. That makes five big events in a row gong back to the Winter 2019 event. While I am not burned out on it seeming to be only big events only now, I still miss the small events and the interesting buildings that were the final prizes.

We got the tower now, and while it takes effort and ain't as easy as wishing wells, the output is in potential at least as good / better.
It's the mind set that needs to change, and that changes slowly, new players won't have this "old" mindset and are more eager to adopt to new challenges in game.

With how new events are set up, I really don't mind the loss of the mini ones.
I have to experience the current one once it hit live but the questline was quite ok on winterevent. it did not take to much effort.