• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Research Make it possible to unlearn optional squad size upgrades

DeletedUser2262

I want to be able to unlearn my optional squad size upgrades. As these greatly affect the tournaments in a negative way, I find it highly unfair that the oldest and most loyal players have to be punished tournament after tournament for having researched those upgrades.

Back then, there was no tournaments, there were very few (and crappy) ancient wonders and there was really nowhere else to sink those KPs.

I am not asking for a KP refund, but I want to be able to participate in the tournaments on level terms.

Heymrdiedier

i dont want either of those, i want tournaments to be based on something thats fair.

In either of those suggestions, its still rediculously easy to score high on a chapter 2,3,4 account, compared to the cost of a chapter 14 account, for the same amount of points.
i found the idea to make it possible for low level accounts to compete with end game accounts very honorable, but honestly it doesnt work, and its negated anyway by the high amount of open provinces an end player has nowadays.

if you want to make it valuable for low level players aswell, then maybe split the tournament in leagues where low level players are in a seperate league compared to higher level ones, i believe another innogame warlords of aternum does it that way.

Deleted User - 56274

@Heymrdiedier I agree in many ways. If there were more things that were optional (like non-boosted good upgrades...) I wouldn't mind having a way to reset points etc for the research tree. However, I think the battle system especially in regards to mobile (and the fact that the browser version is clunky and generally awful) should be a priority to review.

Tournament scoring could be weighted based on percentage, a player who has 5 provinces unlocked and complete all 5 provinces should have some weight to that as for a chapter 3 player while not a significant effort in time, it is in resources compared to a chapter 6 or 9 player who does those same 5 provinces. However, upper chapter players are carrying the load when they are doing 2k points or more worth of provinces in a tourney. I know for me, I can currently do about 6 provinces to 5 stars on a weekly basis without draining my resources. Upping that to 8... and it is not sustainable at this point.

CrazyWizard

@Heymrdiedier I agree in many ways. If there were more things that were optional (like non-boosted good upgrades...) I wouldn't mind having a way to reset points etc for the research tree. However, I think the battle system especially in regards to mobile (and the fact that the browser version is clunky and generally awful) should be a priority to review.

Tournament scoring could be weighted based on percentage, a player who has 5 provinces unlocked and complete all 5 provinces should have some weight to that as for a chapter 3 player while not a significant effort in time, it is in resources compared to a chapter 6 or 9 player who does those same 5 provinces. However, upper chapter players are carrying the load when they are doing 2k points or more worth of provinces in a tourney. I know for me, I can currently do about 6 provinces to 5 stars on a weekly basis without draining my resources. Upping that to 8... and it is not sustainable at this point.

That's the old system and that did not work as well. unless you cap it out at the maximum needed for the last chapter in game. otherwise you penalise every player that has scouted beyond the chapter requirment.

On the other hand the new event system requires you to keep scouting so that won't work either for players not at the end of the research tree.

As long as the tournament formula (combat and goods) would remove the non mandatory SS researches everything would be solved, it's a 2 minute code fix on Innogames end.
they could even combine it with a small general increase in difficulty to combat the fact that in general it will become easier. let say somewhere in the middle of what it is now between the lowest end and the highest end.

This would be by far the quikest, easiest and I think best solution to this issue.
I really do not like the way the tried to solve it at the spire so please not that solution.

Deleted User - 56274

@CrazyWizard I just want it to be feasible to at least do 4 stars for a reasonable number of provinces for my chapter level in the tournament without catering. Given I play on mobile with autobattles this isn't possible yet without a few tries so the process is extremely frustrating and costly.

CrazyWizard

@CrazyWizard I just want it to be feasible to at least do 4 stars for a reasonable number of provinces for my chapter level in the tournament without catering. Given I play on mobile with autobattles this isn't possible yet without a few tries so the process is extremely frustrating and costly.

thats very easy als long as you do not take scrolls as en example tournament, lets be fair, even I with all my wonders and combat buildings and whatever I've
I still have a hard time at light melee tournaments.

I am not sure what you would call @my chapter level, but I often do 4K points on my reboot account which I started playing actively last januari (it even got removed before that once).

Just get some levels on your sanctuary/martial monestary,(11) activate your fire feniks and your should be more than ok.
I noticed the influence of that wonder is pretty significant.

Being able to win/loose on autocombat is not related to SS in any way or form.

DeletedUser2262

As long as the tournament formula (combat and goods) would remove the non mandatory SS researches everything would be solved, it's a 2 minute code fix on Innogames end.
Removing all optional SS upgrades from the tournament cost/troops size calculation would be quite acceptable.