• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures

DeletedUser2606

I think there's a degree of personal taste there. I would rather have more FAs than long events because I feel that FAs help build team spirit within a fellowship whilst the long quests get in the way of city development.

DeletedUser2947

It's too soon because to participate effectively, you have to rearrange your city and postpone working through chapter goals. It's very demanding on time and space, plus you have to redo all your planning. The rewards are generally underwhelming (2 useless artifacts last time). It's stressful because there are no partial rewards. If you don't complete the map, you get nothing and have wasted all your effort. It's OK, even fun, to make a special effort once every six months but doing it all the time is just not fun. There needs to be some breathing room.

iDavis

I think one and half month is ok. After releasing new quest system it´s something completely different, it doesn´t create that frustration as before. And if rewards will be as good as last time, I have no reason to complain. :)

DeletedUser

There are just too many events, challenges & FA's coming after each other. o_O The rewards for challenges & FA haven't been that great anyway. :eek:

I think most of us just want a break once in awhile and upgrade their city. :) Whenever I've got some free space and think I can start upgrading another bloody event, challenge or FA is announced. :(

Deleted User - 60107

Hi guys,

It would be more helpful for us if you explained why you'd think it's too soon :) Problems around the quest cycling have now been resolved, so what's the problem for you to have an extra incentive to get some more rewards? :)
This is just my personal opinion, and I know not everyone feels the same way, but still:
The FA is BORING. It feels like a chore rather than something fun for me to do.

The FA amounts to building a ton of extra level 1 Workshops and Manufactories and doing the same few productions again and again and AGAIN... There's no story, the majority of rewards tend to be... underwhelming, to put it nicely, the whole thing encounrages putting your whole city on hold for the duration so that you can fill your city with the aforementioned level 1 buildings... Honestly, at this point I'd rather play the Spire, and I have practically given up on the Spire.

It just feels like there are too many events (doesn't matter if it is a short event, a long event, a challenge, an FA...) and I'm feeling burned out. I'm seriously tempted to do the minimum in this FA even though this mean effetively taking advantage of other people's work.

ETA: Yes, the quest system got improved somewhat. But that was hardly the only issue, just the most obvious.

DeletedUser2848

And you can a month, or better two, without adventures and events, challenges. I want to relax and focus on the passage of chapters.
Sorry for the errors, I am writing through translate.google.

Verde

The FAs are great for building fellowship spirit, but with those and events and challenges and the game itself, RL is starting to become a challenge :rolleyes:

DeletedUser2326

Hi guys,

It would be more helpful for us if you explained why you'd think it's too soon :) Problems around the quest cycling have now been resolved, so what's the problem for you to have an extra incentive to get some more rewards? :)

@Marindor , we are tired. Most of us, I would venture to say, have cities in live worlds as well as Beta. Here's my schedule, the summer event is still going on in live worlds, the Spire starts Monday in live worlds and, now, they announce a new FA starts in Beta Monday. Plus, I have cities starting a new chapter and using valuable space for these events. It's just a lot at one time. One week off per month or so would not kill anyone. It would be quite nice, actually. With my luck, they'll probably announce the new chapter next week.

Marindor

Hi guys,

Ok, so if you find the FA tiresome, not worth the effort, too demanding, not fun etc... why do you feel you have to participate? As we can read here, some players would like it more often, some players would like it less often. What's the problem with just skipping it if it doesn't fit your schedule or when you're not enjoying it? :) Is it because you're in a FS that is too demanding for you, forcing you to participate, or is there any other reason?

Verde

Hi guys,

Ok, so if you find the FA tiresome, not worth the effort, too demanding, not fun etc... why do you feel you have to participate? As we can read here, some players would like it more often, some players would like it less often. What's the problem with just skipping it if it doesn't fit your schedule or when you're not enjoying it? :) Is it because you're in a FS that is too demanding for you, forcing you to participate, or is there any other reason?
Good point!

DeletedUser2818

Hi guys,

I refuse to believe that the devs aren't familiar with the concept of FOMO, especially since they are using it just as any other freemium service (not an accusation, I'm a bit of a "whale" myself, just stating facts). The various event currency sales, especially the "last chance to get the grand prizes" on the last day, are irrefutable proof of this.
P.s. some (many, I think, actually) of us "whales" are well aware of being manipulated. We aren't stupid, we just allow ourselves to be manipulated, perhaps because we can afford it, or because we are have personalities that are prone to gambling mechanics and/or more susceptible to FOMO, and so on. Video game journalist Jim Sterling has plenty to say about this, for instance, and while I don't feel that Elvenar is as exploitative as some of the alternatives, it does exploit FOMO nonetheless.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You can skip a challenge, event or tourny (very stupid if you do :D) but you can't skip an FA. o_O You would be letting down your fellow members who might need that stupid reward even if you don't need it. :eek:

Deleted User - 60107

Hi guys,

Remind me: What is the point of being in an FS? Just to have more trade partners? Just to have access to the tournament?

If - for example - a third of the FS is not participating in an FA (or is doing the absolute minimum, i.e. just one badge per stage) and the rest of the FS is doing all the work, that seems like a great way to cause bad feelings between FS members and possibly even break the FS. Definitely does not sound like something that would help with building fellowship spirit, or anything like that...

CrazyWizard

Hi guys,

The new long event strategy of unlimited quests (at least for now, as provinces are still aviable) also feels like an FA, so we ended up with an FA, into an FA, a small challenge and another FA, and we already know that after this FA adventure almost directly another long event starts so thats another FA style event.

As long as the fellowship accept that only the prizes to the end is cool and you take the shortest route, then you can usually get away with the event pretty fast and enjoy a relaxed break. but if your fellowship likes to participate beyond that, it becomes a tedious thing.

We sometimes need a small break in which boredom gives us time to recharge so we can actully enjoy it to the fullest.
I still remember the first 4 large and 2-3? small events how cool they were. and how much I enjoyed them.

And people need time to rebuild/build there city, guest races are often destroyed to make room for FA events, and I have seen plenty of players destroy it for mermaids assuming they would have time after the event to rebuild it and advance in-game. (and hence why I call the new event style another FA)

ps. a lot of people enjoyed the new mermaids event like it was FA for the first time but already gasp for air because another FA is comming so soon.
I know at least a handfull of people who are now rushing back to guest races in the hope to rush it ready for FA or at least the new event, it's like there working for life without any break. people like that will burn out pretty quickly.

Marindor

Ok, but if you're in a Fellowship that expects you to participate in each and every FA round, tournament etc etc and that's not what suits your game style and you don't have the freedom to make your own choices in that, wouldn't it just be time to consider joining an FS with a less agressive play style? Not trying to break up Fellowships or anything here, don't get me wrong :) But for me personally, for example, I chose to join a Fellowship with a relaxed pace, because hitting it hard on every event is just not my way of playing. I'm not someone who rushes to stage 4 in FA either and I don't mind not getting these prizes. So if you feel like the events we're offering are becoming more of a chore than fun for you, because you feel like you have to support others who have a more fanatic style of playing the game than you, wouldn't that just mean that at this point in your game (that could always change of course), this just isn't the Fellowship that suits you best? Once again: not trying to create unrest in Fellowships, but just trying to understand why players make certain choices that contradict their own interests :)