• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Spire of Eternity

Arayla

the set is awesome, but i would need like 200 weeks or more (thats 4 year) to get all the pieces i want before i find it worth while. The high amount of weeks is mainly because the low chance of actually getting the building from a chest. I havent looked at the mystery chests tho, maybe they will reduce the amounts of weeks but 10% chance is too low imho even tho you might get 3 attempts at it (1 on each map).
I have gotten 4 out of the 5 pieces. I played Map 1 probably 7 times, Map 2 1 time, Map 3 0 times. The mystery chests do make a difference.

DeletedUser2917

I completely enjoy the spire. My city is only in Chapter 4, so I am limited in resources but when I can, I work the spire. I have not run into any major technical problems but I have not gone further than the 3rd door. My one complaint at this point, and this is a suggestion, since I believe it will give more people incentives to keep trying the spire battles. I have over 10K in spell fragments, and more than likely will never have to disenchant a thing for a very long time. That has its good and bad points, true. I wonder if it could be possible to more evenly weight the prizes for the lower levels? Instead of giving so many 60% or better chances for the spell fragments, perhaps set it up where each % chance is equal. Right now, I have lost any enthusiasm to continue trying.

Potvorisko

Now, spire is almost great, we just need better recepies in academy and more CC spells...I keep runing out of them :)

CrazyWizard

every wonder level increases difficulty of spire
If this is true then this feature is not just DoA but long burned, burried and forgotten even before it arrives.

I really really really wonder what goes on in the mind of the devs/product managers. There are so many stupid rookie mistakes in this game the list is endless.

Too many times I have seen stuff enter this game head shaking in the form of how blind can someone be to not see this or that problem.

Deleted User - 60107

Please tell me you're joking and just forgot to add some indication that you're not serious. Because this would be beyond stupid if it is true.

Heymrdiedier

so thats interesting. so that means the wonders i always found useless (like the lighthouses and venars) i should not even consider building anymore then.
I always assumed id build those one day, when al the other wonders i find usefull are maxed out :)

edeba

I like the spire, actually really like it, I just find it to be a resource pit.

Reading through the comments I think even more that ranking points should be given for completing each map. So my original suggestion was taken as too high, so then 50, 100 and 200 for completing each level.

I do recognize that the ability to place well in the tournament is declining as more people have taken to it and the fire phoenix has completely made it impossible to compete in the tournament with good and my previous suggestion was based on the degree to which my goods/military were stripped and where I figured that would have gotten me in the tournament, but placing in the tournament is harder now.

Brummbaer

Two weeks without any Extra-Chest after completing the spire.
Bad luck or does anyonelse mention this "issue"?

Heymrdiedier

This is insane...I try to level wonders, so the spire is easier for me and...why schould we be permanetly penalted for our progress? I dont like that :(

it is insane since we all think building wonders will make us better in the game.
But now that i think of it, isnt it also insane that spire gets harder when we advance further in the tech tree. Or that tournaments get harder when we get bigger troops.
why would you ever wanna leave chapter 2, if it only gets harder later on (or maybe take orcs chapter, at least you can continue on world map then)

CrazyWizard

it is insane since we all think building wonders will make us better in the game.
But now that i think of it, isnt it also insane that spire gets harder when we advance further in the tech tree. Or that tournaments get harder when we get bigger troops.
why would you ever wanna leave chapter 2, if it only gets harder later on (or maybe take orcs chapter, at least you can continue on world map then)

I do not agree, The step wise increase as you advance in the tech tree is to make it fun for all, but as you progress it also slowly becomes easier at the same time. it becomes easier a bit faster than the difficulty increases.

As a thumb rule, as soon as part of the game are ignored because of some game mechanic, then there is a problem that should be adressed.
The goal in a game should always to advance yourself, If I do not advance because of a certain feature then that feature is a problem.

So if the result from this wonder increasing effect is that we don not advance our wonders then this mechanic is a failure.
And unfortunatly we already have a few of these failures in game already.

The worst part of this all, is that this mechanic was designed to avoid a similar failure made in the tournaments with the optional SS issue.
It's somewhat of a joke that they adressed this failure with a new mechanic that introduces a very similar failure in it.

It's like replacing goat poo with dogg poo, poo is still poo and it doesn't matter where that poo is coming from.

Lovec Krys

@CrazyWizard That part that tournaments gets easer faster than difficulty increases is true only for fighting and combined strategies. For cattering only it's clean decline (especialy visible when advancing fast).
So if you want to make same or higher tournament score, you have to switch to primary fighting when advancing your city.

To the Spire:
If that insanity about negative effect of wonder levels is true, than best strategy is to play Spire while costs are not so high and get catalyst generating set before they get too high.
I'm currently testing it again and it seems, that I'll do only the first floor on live since that "How big is your luck" guessing game gets too annoying and resources consuming when you enter the second floor. And I suppose that third floor is even worse.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1657

What information do you have to support your conclusion? I am curious about the mechanics.

Does anyone know if spire squad sizes are also based on your researched squad size or is it something different?

Dony

King of Bugs
What information do you have to support your conclusion? I am curious about the mechanics.

Does anyone know if spire squad sizes are also based on your researched squad size or is it something different?
its based on my gathered data but i only have 1 try per week, if community wants to help with data i can make a new thread. SS also increases difficulty but that was to be expected

Angedev

So if I have for example Golden Abbys, Watchtower ruins and Tome od secrets on max level and no wonders for battle/goods it still makes Spire more difficult for me? It makes no sense... :(

@Dony : I have small city so I'm not sure how much I can help, but it would be nice to have a new thread and find out how it works :)