• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

User Interface Replace delete confirmation window with "lock" checkbox inside the building.

Do you want it?

• Total voters

Karvest

Seen similar suggestion at US forum, but want to add my 2 cents:
Many of us have accidentally deleted something useful while removing a bunch of expired buildings or a bunch of temporary WS/factories for FA/event.
Current confirmation doesn't work at all in this situation, since you are forced to approve it after each building - it's just annoying you and you don't even look at its contents.
Last time I heard about such thing happened - it was stage10 fire phoenix on live server... Not sure if support would restore it... Just imagine loosing such a unique thing that can't be replaced with something similar like other buildings...

The solution I see is to remove that confirmation at all, but add a checkbox inside the status window of the building that prevents this building from a deletion. This checkbox should be set by default for all buildings except lvl1 manufactories and workstations (for them it should be automatically set on upgrade, and may be even not on first upgrade, but based on current chapter, so that temporary event/FA ones can be deleted without any confirmation at all).
That checkbox should be automatically unchecked or ignored on already expired buildings.
+ not sure about guest race buildings, for them old confirmation is good enough, probably.

Thought about it a bit more - for regular buildings that can be simply built from menu old confirmation is good enough too (except low level WS/factories, they don't deserve confirmation).
If confirmation won't pop up on any useless building, people would take a look at it when it appear for useful building. + checkbox for rare buildings (like grand prizes from events) and AWs to be sure.

Last edited:

slide

Most people have deleted something by mistake, such as a high level building or an AW and had to build it again, this would ensure that the mistake couldn't just be made with a couple of unthinking clicks but would have to be a conscious decision.

Yogi Dave

Who hasn't deleted something as your brain screams "NOOOO!" inside but too late?

So, your idea is most building wouldn't require confirmation like roads don't require one. Hmmm, I don't know that I like that part, partially because it's a radical change from the user's point of view. However, buildings locked, could show a "Building must be unlocked before deletion is allowed" message box, not just a message box with different text. The player would have to bring up the dialog and uncheck it.

A question left, in my mind, is the default 'lock' settings for different building types. Agree that AWs and grand prize event buildings should start locked. Once a building has expired, the lock going off makes sense. However, there are lots of large event buildings that should start locked. Tying it to chapter level for things like residences and workshops sounds reasonable, but too many options can get confusing to many people. I tend to prefer it kept simple. AWs and event buildings larger than 2 squares are auto locked. It's up to the player to lock any others. Perhaps, that is too simple.

Lovec Krys

Yes, this system would basicaly mean that we would get less confirmations when deleting, but when we get one, it usualy means we should check if we want to delete that building. Not like now when confirming 100 times of deleting lv 1 buildings after the event. My personal experience - so far fortunatelly I have accidentaly deleted nothing important yet.

And maybe while doing this, just maybe they could make some undeletable buildings deletable? (and left undeletable only Main Hall and Builder's hut?

Karvest

Well, even simple removing of confirmation from lvl1 factories/workstations and expired buildings without other stuff mentioned here would be a huge improvement in user experience...
But a way to protect significant buildings from accidental deletion would be nice too.

Olenenok

I support the idea. for me, the removal of small factories is a rather laborious task, as I try to get into them with the mouse, and I don’t even pay attention to the confirmation of the removal, the main thing is not to miss the mark. and there were also situations when, because of this, it removed large buildings.

Marindor

Since we are already thinking about solutions for this problem, I'll archive this thread now, but it is something which has our attention :)