• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Summer Mermaids Event

CrazyWizard

Quick question - did anybody manage to get more than 20k corals in this event?

On one of my smaller accounts on live I expect to aquire 18k or my at day 17, I am currently above 14K,

Since this account is advancing at a steady pace trought the chapters I have plenty of provincies to play around.
My huge supply of catalist spells is dwindling fast, and I have to be quite creative to aquire the spell fragments for the event. but since I am an active tournament player I have a bag of solutions for it all.

I think many veteran players are not grasping that there are more limiting factors then 2 provinces.

Vision Vapor (Catalist spels), and spell fragments are especially crude for players who do not activily participate in the tournaments (relics), (spells to disassemble), players who haven't spend recources on the magic academy (16h for a catalist spell is brutal)

Provincies are especiially bad for veteran players with scout that last a decade.

Therefore the "endless" quest aren't really endless, and depending on your playstyle you most likely will get stuck at some point.
I totally agree these quests need to be there to prevent all players to go overboard on the amount of goodies they will collect.

I like to make a simple suggestion.
Add a delayed skip button to all quests (even those that dont make sense for easy of implementation and consistency.)
Add the delay for that skip button to 36 hours.

If a player gets stuck on a quest for whatever reason, it's not automaticly the end of the event for that player, after a day and a half he/she can decide to ignore the reward and go to the next quest which might be better suited.

The advantage of this idea is that it will still stop players in there track as intended by the developers to prevent players collecting insane amounds of event currency, at the same time, it prevents players unable to participate into the event indefinitely giving it the best of both worlds.

This also gives the devs more freedom to implent challenges into the game that might be fun and interesting but can stop players as there is now an escape into the game.

It's the only real solution I could come up with that balances both sides of the coin keeping the current structure intact.

Last edited:

Arthus

Today is 12th day on live version. I've got +500 corals twice in a row (o_O) which never ever happened to me!
I'm less than 1000 corals from 4th lvl 10 Siren's paradise and there are 13 more days. I'm lacking scrolls relicts to make catalysts but scroll tournament is approaching in 3 days. I'm more than satisfied. I was worried if i'll manage one building to level 10...

My summer section of the city in live version:

(I just hope for 1 single stonehenge artifact in any event until the end of the year so i can have sun shining upon my Stonehenge! :D)

And yes, a lot of additional buildings stay in inventory.

51fbbc2b2b4ef.png

Arthus

Eight visible Mantas. I am so jelly. :D

8 more in inventory ;)

I recently left elementals chapter so before building Amuni i wanted to make as much currency as possible in first 2 weeks of event because i knew that at some point, relics and vision vapor will stop me. But expected them to stop me much sooner lol... Made this last artifact to Siren's Paradise no.4 ;)

DeletedUser1163

Are these events now meant to deplete cities of their resources to the point where you can’t do any further research, can’t send out scouts, can’t build up your military, can’t trade nor set up collections for lack of goods, coins and supplies, and can’t complete any further quests? Why even bother to login to play.

When I finished the “Buy 15 Knowledge Points” in which I spent most of my Coin Rain spells on, can you guess what the next quest was? “Gain a huge amount of coins” and the amount is 414K. This is too much for a Chapter 4 Elvenar player.

DeletedUser1953

Are these events now meant to deplete cities of their resources to the point where you can’t do any further research, can’t send out scouts, can’t build up your military, can’t trade nor set up collections for lack of goods, coins and supplies, and can’t complete any further quests? Why even bother to login to play.

When I finished the “Buy 15 Knowledge Points” in which I spent most of my Coin Rain spells on, can you guess what the next quest was? “Gain a huge amount of coins” and the amount is 414K. This is too much for a Chapter 4 Elvenar player.
?? 414K with HV 15 => it is a spell 10% and we have plenty of gold's spells, some players want to remove them in the spire because it is a garbage ^^ (and it is the same for the supplies's quest => 10%). Buying 15 PC is more expensive, more like 50% (but you can use T1/T2 too) !
And for other ressource, i do not seen any problem and i have a city level IV on beta too (but in peace mode, only one GP level 10).
You must send our scout, build militaries, ... only the research is blocked while waiting the quest but it is not too bad because T3 is a scary ressource in IV.

I think most player have more spells (gold, supplies, time reduction) after the event than at the beginning because the event generate a mass of spell.
If you do 2 or more GP level 10 at chapter 4, it is scary but you need to assume.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 56274

@Lovec Krys Ironically they should not be about depleting our cities or testing self-control, but generating continued interest in playing elvenar and being willing to spend a couple of dollars to support the game. Events that generate high levels of frustration and dissatisfaction (or multiple events that lead to the same) do not do that.
One of the reasons I advocate for quests varied based on chapter level and altering certain quests such as Buy KP is because certain quests have a negative feedback loop the more they appear.

Dony

King of Bugs
Events that generate high levels of frustration and dissatisfaction (or multiple events that lead to the same) do not do that.
i see it as a learn to play issue, if players cant cope with quests which asks for supplies or coins after so many years and ways to get them, they simply shouldnt play this game anymore, i am against of idea to make this game even easier then it curently is, no challenge = no fun, which is even worse then from time to time overcome some obstacles

Loki Blue

No, they are designed to test our self-control when doing them.

if players cant cope with quests which asks for supplies or coins after so many years and ways to get them, they simply shouldnt play this game anymore

Self-control my frosty bum. They're designed to push players to their limits so that they cough up cash for diamonds, which generates revenue for Inno. Same reason any event exists in any online game. Boosts player spending. That's really all that matters in the long run.

The only thing I've read recently that's made me laugh as hard as these comments have is the news that a certain World Leader wants to buy Greenland. Thank you both.

3 party-icon.png

Dony

King of Bugs
if players are not willing to learn how to play this game, then yes they need to learn how to pay, yet there are milions of players world wide who play free to play games without paying single penny and have no problem with that

edeba

Excellent idea... Could even make it progressive, starting at 12 hours and increasing to 3 days by the time you've gone through the 64 coral cycle once or twice... Or based on how often you use it, start at 12 add 3 hours each time...

I like to make a simple suggestion.
Add a delayed skip button to all quests (even those that dont make sense for easy of implementation and consistency.)
Add the delay for that skip button to 36 hours.

Deleted User - 56274

@Dony I do not see the gain supply or gain gold quests as an issue. I do see the Buy KP, Complete Provinces, solve encounters, gain VV, Gain CC, gain spell fragment quests as issues as all of those quests do not currently offer an alternate path and can push players past where they want to be or dependent on where they are cause them to be over-scouted or extremely depleted in resources.
I do not mind difficult quests, I do mind these being repeated ad-infinitum and consuming all of my relics, goods and pushing me well beyond the provinces I need to open up my next chapter because that means I am paying an ever increasing cost in the current event and the next event and the event after that.

I am not considering JUST the impact on this event, but the impact this quest format and these quests have with no alternative on the player for future events as well as the current one.

The idea is interesting, the implementation of it is very flawed. You have players who cannot complete one completely evolved building and players who have 4.

maxiqbert

I see this the same way I see tournaments. You can't (or at least I can't) go for all your provinces every week, but once in a while you may want to go as far as possible for competition or fun or relics or whatever.
In this event, you could play casualy or force your way to depth. One more choice, and I like it.