• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Spire of Eternity

DeletedUser1953

Probably a bug, relaunch an event badly balanced and unfinished (catering for example) is very strange.

ekarat

And that's another thing. We're investing our actual troops and actual goods in something that is essentially not even in the Beta testing phase. We're Alpha testing, at a cost to us. That's almost like handing a child a brand new toy and telling them, "here, this is an experimental thinamajig, and we want you to try it out. You've got it for a week, so have at it. Oh...by the way...if you take the cellophane off, you have to pay for it." ;)

I guarantee that not one person has lost any actual troops or any actual goods on a live server.

Let that sink in as you contemplate the meaning of a beta server.

And if you think this is alpha testing, then you're not familiar with what alpha tests are like. To be fair, some people have been using "beta test" to mean a "marketing test" when it's already pretty much done. An alpha test is figuring out under which circumstances it crashes.

DeletedUser

@UlyssesBlue scouting probably doesn’t have any effect on this. I scouted too and I think my unit ratio got better for this round. Didn’t write it down from the first round though.

It seems this is Inno’s version of a dungeon (but a light and airy tower – love it) but instead of having a tower for chapter 3 and 1 for chapter 4, 1 for 5 etc, it’s all inclusive. A chapter 3 person, theoretically shouldn’t be able to do more than a chapter 4 person unless they are so disciplined to put in the needles wonder in chapter 3, have temp buildings and the fire phoenix. It may be why they tinkered with it a bit. Idk but that kinda makes sense. It also should give you a sense of progression, which I think it will.

Maybe inno could truly make this feel more like a dungeon by getting rid of the mini guessing game. Make a walking avatar instead of the chess piece. Someone mentioned having our own avatar, that would be really awesome.

Oooo instead of the mini game this is the area where we can see gear that we can make in our steel factories and give extra defense to our units.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2314

I hate the fighting on Elvenar. I never fight. Now there is suddenly a wonderful new castle next to my city, which I would love to enter. Sadly there's an evil spirit that let me only go four stairs. Everybody seems to have a great festival there inside, but I'm standing outside and will not be able to participate. :( :(

SoggyShorts

I guarantee that not one person has lost any actual troops or any actual goods on a live server.Let that sink in as you contemplate the meaning of a beta server.
To be fair, the troops we are using to test took real time/effort to make, regardless of whether it's live or Beta. Other games would give you some free troops to test with.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2606

On this revised version I have managed to do the first sub-section and am waiting for more troops to be trained before doing the next.I think things seem somewhat improved on the first run.

One thing I feel that Inno is the impact with players with multiple cities particularly if the spire is run in parallel to the other events or simultaneously, I currently run one city in each of en1, en2 and en3 and Beta. I'm an archmage in en3 and a mage in the other three games. I've noticed comments from players about events being too frequent and have noticed that some have reduced the number of cities they run. I think that if the spire becomes a third thing running simultaneously with tournaments and events then more people will find themselves either needing to shut down a city or they will start ignoring parts of the game. I think it would be particularly onerous of the spire runs at the same time as a fellowship adventure.

SoggyShorts

Now the new version is released, more less in the same fashion, but it is not announced why, what is fixed and in general what is the purpose.
I too don't understand inno's lack of communication.
Give us the facts like
In stage 1 the enemy has 90% your size(reduced from 95%)
Your size is now____x chapter (increased from ____)

We have enough nerds that we can give real valuable feedback on those kinds of changes if we know about them.

@Muf-Muf
Are we expected to gather and record and compile all of that kind of data ourselves? With so few players in each chapter?
or
Does inno just want feedback based on our "gut feelings"?:confused:

I cannot believe that changes are made without a changelog, and I can't see a valid reason for not sharing (at the very least a censored) version of it.

SoggyShorts

spire2.0.png
got stuck at the end of stage 2 this time, there seemed to be a much better mix of enemies so I was able to use all archers most of the time, with some all mage and all dog fights.
I took 4 shots at this 3 wave fight, but since that cost me 100 "real" squads, I'm done for this spire.
(2800 SS means 1 stack is 5 stacks)
To put it in perspective, 100 "real" squads is more than enough for me to get over 1600 tournament points per week.

maxiqbert

View attachment 5929 .
got stuck at the end of stage 2 this time, there seemed to be a much better mix of enemies so I was able to use all archers most of the time, with some all mage and all dog fights.
I took 4 shots at this 3 wave fight, but since that cost me 100 "real" squads, I'm done for this spire.
To put it in perspective, 100 "real" squads is more than enough for me to get over 1600 tournament points per week.
3 MAGES AND 2 TREANTS

Jaxom

I hate the fighting on Elvenar. I never fight. Now there is suddenly a wonderful new castle next to my city, which I would love to enter. Sadly there's an evil spirit that let me only go four stairs. Everybody seems to have a great festival there inside, but I'm standing outside and will not be able to participate. :( :(

I also hate the fighting on Elvenar, but mostly I hate the manual side of it. I never do manual as it is so slow to do.

Essentially I look at auto-fight as another form of catering/negotiating.
I collect goods and use them for one type of catering - simple, mindless pay-.to-win.
With auto-fight I use supplies to gather troops and use some level of strategy to select the right troops to minimize my losses. If I am defeated I might try again or I might just "pay-to-win" (ie cater).

I gather more goods than I can use to build things and research so I cater/negotiate.
I gather more supplies than I can use to build/research so I fight.

Nothing much else to do when you are at the end of the final chapter. I know this is not the case for most players but there are points in the game when you are waiting to complete research or collect guest race stuff where you are not actively making progress. So tournaments are good, events are good, the spire might be good. Need to have something to do with those goods and supplies!

CrazyWizard

View attachment 5929 .

I don't know about that dog, in manual mode I would have gone all priest/blossom mages. and tried to move out of that dogs range if possible.
If you manage to evade that dog, than the only damage sustained should be from the 2 cannonneers in wave 1 and 3 only.

DeletedUser1906

Positives:
1. Interesting new thing to do on Elvenar.
2. Convince costs seem feasible and I like that they are somewhat different from tournament negotiating/catering costs.
3. 1 battle for 1 chest is great!
4. Solo capability, with no one pressuring you to score a certain number of points or get to a certain level. Can miss a week and no one will notice.
5. I like the multiple waves idea.

Negatives:
1. Getting stuck is happening too easy and depletes troops in a way that hinders trying again before time is out or makes you just not WANT to try again.
2. Multiple waves should be better aligned so that picking 5 troop squads is easier, as they need to go through multiple battles against 10 or 15 squads.
3. The rewards are just plain not enticing enough to make this a feature that I prioritize over tournaments, Fellowship Adventures, growing my city, or events.
4. Timer...get rid of it.

Possible Solutions:
1. No timer or days limit. Make several maps, escalate the difficulty and boost the rewards equal to the difficulty, then when you reach the last map, go back to the beginning map work your way up again..to the best rewards. A truly at your own pace feature. Making time to build the troops you think you need to get through the current battle.
2. Put out a poll, asking what kind of rewards we want to see in the Spire (really in all features and events). Then ACTUALLY implement our ideas for rewards. Get RID of Coin Rain and Supply Windfalls completely, as we can get them from so many places that they no longer have value. For me rewards would be: mana, seeds, sentient goods, current guest race goods, wishing wells, and a new building that would provide random squads of troops like the wishing well but just troops every 12 hours instead.
3. Let us produce troops in the barracks, mercenary camp and training grounds independently of the others.

maxiqbert

A few tweeks that would improve this thing :
- instead of a totally random reward, the bigger bosses could have a "selectable item" like a phenix evolve thingy. Meaning you could either have very good random rewards or choose from a short list of maybe lesser things, but not random.

- improving and diversifying rewards :
  • packs of troops (numbers should be above what you use to win a fight!!!!)
  • royal restoration spells
  • KP packs
  • unit improving temporary buildings
  • packs of goods
  • packs of mana
  • packs of seeds