• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Summer Solstice

DeletedUser1953

For my current quest : Research or Technology, no change except a text summer_xix added ?? This becomes very strange, bad reward, bad quests and the solution, badder reward, badder quests and new bugs ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Heymrdiedier

there are 38 combinig catalyst in the quests, if they changed all quests like that, then level 2 MA will need 31 days to produce them all, while event last only 25 days
so basically players with MA on lvl2 can ignare this option from quests
while this is true, only the quest that Jasper posted doesnt have an or part. So in fact you only HAVE to produce 5 in total

DeletedUser2561

Is there any way to NOT collect finished Combining Catalyst spells, and still use the manufacturing part of the academy at the same time?

Otherwise "Collect x CC spells" is the first and only quest type where non-collection of preproduced items will not only block access to their own production queue, but block a second function as well (which happens to be done in the same building, but otherwise is an unrelated process with totally differenc mechanics).

CrazyWizard

Is there any way to NOT collect finished Combining Catalyst spells, and still use the manufacturing part of the academy at the same time?

Otherwise "Collect x CC spells" is the first and only quest type where non-collection of preproduced items will not only block access to their own production queue, but block a second function as well (which happens to be done in the same building, but otherwise is an unrelated process with totally differenc mechanics).
Yes you can access the academy at your inventory using the break things button

DeletedUser

Go to Inventory > Disenchant > Crafting > Produce in MA :D

DeletedUser2818

Aside from the quests feeling unnecessarily harder for those in the last chapter than in the previous events due to all the exploration or research required, I was really hoping they'd allow us to use any kind of T1 goods instead of boosted T1 goods, as this is most unfair to those with steel as a boosted good, with manufactories taking 2x2 instead of 1x2 or 2x1... especially since the last challenge showed that there's the technical ability to do it.

slide

Aside from the quests feeling unnecessarily harder for those in the last chapter than in the previous events due to all the exploration or research required, I was really hoping they'd allow us to use any kind of T1 goods instead of boosted T1 goods, as this is most unfair to those with steel as a boosted good, with manufactories taking 2x2 instead of 1x2 or 2x1... especially since the last challenge showed that there's the technical ability to do it.
Not just elven steel, but also human steel and planks - when I look at the last few quests its an absolute nightmare for 2x2, tiny cities will struggle to get quest 113 done with 36 squares needed for 9 x lvl 1 for 2 days and if they're trying to run quest 112 at the same time then that's another 44 squares, plus of course the roads and I'll be charitable and say 20 road spaces - so that's a total of 100 squares for both being underway - 4 expansions for an event!!!

Squeezing 1x2 or 2x1 into a small city is a pain but doable, finding room for all those 2x2 buildings is horrendous and will either result in selling off existing buildings or just giving up.

This event has no buzz to it, no feeling that its a must do, more like a could do, its just a drag with same old same old and some horrible choices. We've moved on from set buildings to evolving buildings and, for me, it hasn't been a good change.

It seems to me that we've gone from a city building game which has some events periodically, to a game driven by events with a city building on the side between events.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

They might also have changed the "Upgrade 1 building to level 15 or higher" quests. #83 now asks "Research 1 technology or upgrade 1 building to level 14 or higher" while GoK has it at 15. Not 100% sure since I wasn't that far before today's update. o_O

DeletedUser2817

Not just elven steel, but also human steel and planks - when I look at the last few quests its an absolute nightmare for 2x2, tiny cities will struggle to get quest 113 done with 36 squares needed for 9 x lvl 1 for 2 days and if they're trying to run quest 112 at the same time then that's another 44 squares, plus of course the roads and I'll be charitable and say 20 road spaces - so that's a total of 100 squares for both being underway - 4 expansions for an event!!!

Actually it's even worse than this. Don't forget those bigger manufactories also require more population. (Although less population per square, but still more absolute population.) So that is both a requirement for more residences AND a requirement for more culture if you're trying to maintain a culture bonus. For a large player this population change is tiny. (140-160 extra population over 10 buildings for elves), but for players just starting out, 150 population is significant. In my chapter 3 city, that's 10% of my population.

I think the devs have something against steelworkers (and human carpenters). We should form a union.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

"Finish a research" is the one quest type that definitely needs an alternative because it is impossible for some. "OR scout a province" is probably the worst alternative, because it is nearly impossible for the same players. If an alternative is necessary anyway, we might as well have an alternative that cannot appear as standalone quest either, because it is impossible for DIFFERENT players. So as a replacement, I suggest something like:

"Complete a research OR collect 100.000 Mana"
"Scout a province OR collect 5.000 Orcs"

YES, most definitely YES. That is the absolute best solution for this problem!
As it stands now I simply can not do the event on live, but with the above suggestion I would have a change at least

DeletedUser1953

It is absurd to give 5 x Research/Scout, it is impossible for most end player without use massive time reduction spell => absurd we need to do the event to win multiple 4x 16h to do the event !! In previous events, we can choose between research/upgrade 16+, why abandon this ?

I think the catalyst's quests can be changed in any enchantment, people can choose their enchantment in their MA and it creates alternative too (tournament, chest).

slide

Actually it's even worse than this. Don't forget those bigger manufactories also require more population. (Although less population per square, but still more absolute population.) So that is both a requirement for more residences AND a requirement for more culture if you're trying to maintain a culture bonus. For a large player this population change is tiny. (140-160 extra population over 10 buildings for elves), but for players just starting out, 150 population is significant. In my chapter 3 city, that's 10% of my population.

I think the devs have something against steelworkers (and human carpenters). We should form a union.
Totally with you on this, I have a lvl 3 city on live as well, still need 5 techs before I can upgrade my houses and I currently have 58 surplus pop, I'm totally crammed in as well, so where are these expansions coming from not to mention the culture, pop needed.... considering that we've just had the craftsmen challenge on live with being able to use any factory and not solely boosted this event is a step back... back to boosted goods, back to horrible choices, back to massive amounts of time needed to finish.

If Inno were hoping to milk their cash cows for this event they could well be very disappointed.

Brummbaer

Change in quest line no. 65??

Gain or Spend 5 Combining Catalysts to Gain 5 Combining Catalysts (again stuck for 5 days):eek: