• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Gamer's probability chart

edeba

I do not understand this chart at all, or how they came up with the numbers. I was trying to understand that 1% portal profit column and it completely eludes me. If someone can shed some insight into these calculations please do so.

upload_2019-5-17_9-1-47.png

DeletedUser778

There's probably a mistake.
As I understand it they calculate the average cost for 1% supplies, coins, portal profit from the instants for better comparison, since we have 5%, 10%, etc instants.
For the coin instant from the 26 flares chests it looks right for example:
26 [Flares] / 0,5 [chance for a 10% instant] / 10 [to get the cost for 1% coins] = 5,2 Flares
But the Portal Profit calculation looks wrong, should be
(142 [Flares] - 0,05 [chance to get] x 500 [Flares]) / 0,15 [chance for 33% PP] / 33 = 23,64 Flares

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2632

Because the prizes don't all give the same amounts of rewards, E.g. you could get a 5 KP instant or a 10 KP instant. A 10% coin rain or a 25% coin rain. A 2h boost or 4h boost. So everything is normalized to to 1 unit.

1 KP
1% of portal goods
1% of coin
1% of supplies
1h speed
1 spell

Etc

edeba

Thanks. I only looked at the portal profit calculation so I couldn't figure it out at all, or that the other calculations made sense and it was the only one that didn't.

QUOTE="LordB, post: 73242, member: 778"]There's probably a mistake.
As I understand it they calculate the average cost for 1% supplies, coins, portal profit from the instants for better comparison, since we have 5%, 10%, etc instants.
For the coin instant from the 26 flares chests it looks right for example:
26 [Flares] / 0,5 [chance for a 10% instant] / 10 [to get the cost for 1% coins] = 5,2 Flares
But the Portal Profit calculation looks wrong, should be
(142 [Flares] - 0,05 [chance to get] x 500 [Flares]) / 0,15 [chance for 33% PP] / 33 = 23,64 Flares[/QUOTE]

DeletedUser778

Making my own spreadsheet I have 2 more differences flares/boosthour for the 85 chest and flares/kp for the 142 chest.
Also calculated flares/KP for wonder and "normal" KP together, since we can use both on Wonders. :)
2019-05-19 12_51_56-SuSo.ods - OpenOffice Calc.png

Last edited by a moderator: