• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Chapter 4 Research Tree - SS 12

DeletedUser

I'm not 100% sure if this is a bug or if I'm reading this wrong. But it looks like it's not a requirement to research squad size 11 before you research squad size 12 in the chapter 4 tree. There is no connection between 11 and 12.

Deleted User - 86059

Some research is not mandatory and you can decide not to do it if you prefer

Karvest

This is what you was told to avoid if you are going to play tournaments - don't learn these optional SS upgrades.

DeletedUser

@Scoobydoo and @Karvest thanks for the reply. In the chapter 4 required quest, both ss 11 and ss 12 are required. But I better double check that.

Edit: Yes both are mandatory for chapter 4 required quests, so shouldn't there be a link between 11 and 12, you can't upgrade 12 before 11 can you?

DeletedUser

Here's a pic showing 12 is not connected to 11
ss12.JPG

Karvest

here both of them are mandatory cause you can't finish chapter without learning both. But the order is not mandatory - you can learn whatever you'd like first.

DeletedUser

Ah okay thanks so that means I can fight with a ss12 before I research 11?

Karvest

SS12 give 36 additional units to your squad
SS11 give 33 additional units to your squad
no mater in which order you learn them.

DeletedUser

You know what I'm going to say to that...
That makes no sense.

Karvest

They called ss11 and ss12 just because inno was too lazy to name them in some other way, same as city expansion techs. Numbers here are just to easily differentiate them, but not for some mandatory order, as some of them can be even skipped and learned afterwards on demand.

DeletedUser

Well these 2 are required to learn in chapter 4. It makes no sense that you can skip ahead to learn a larger squad size versus a smaller one. Looks like a bug to me. if size 12 is larger than size 11 you should have to learn the smaller size first. I'm going to go look at chapters and see if there are other ones like this.

DeletedUser

I looked up through the fairies chapter, in chapter 5 you can skip the first one
Chapter 6 if you skip one, you're going to miss out on an expansion
Chapter 7 you can skip 20 and 22
Are you guys absolutely sure this isn't a bug that you can skip squad sizes? Seems like a bit of a loophole to bypass spending kps and to get cheaper tournaments. Whatever the case, unless this was an announcement you can do this, I'm not going to skip them.

I've seen bugs like this before, and a whole lot of people get banned because one person says it's okay to do it.

Karvest

If it considered as a bug - it would have been fixed years ago.
Cheaper tournaments appeared way later than skipable techs appeared in tech tree. And even unfairness of that mechanic (making tournaments much more expensive for old cities which already learnt some of these techs at the moment of new tourneys arrived) was pointed out to Inno many times on all servers forums. But since there are no changes to that - seems they think of it as a boost for new players to be able to compete with old players, which had way more time to level their AWs.
But anyway it is not bannable. We are playing the game in the way it is designed. If Inno want, they can fix this issue in many ways, starting from making that techs not optional anymore (they already did such things at the past, for example when MA appeared), and ending up with new tournament mechanic that would favor bigger SS instead of smaller.