• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Royal Restoration Spell

Richord

true; if this is it; it sucks. conversion of the blueprint to RR-spell is mandatory to make it work
make up an extra spell/option in MA to do this.

DeletedUser2670

no need for new spell, adding 1 recipe which will require 1 blueprint and will make XX RRS is enough to fix this
Crafting recipe? I'm not sure that would be the best option, depending on the way they choose to implement it.
If they just add it as a new recipe to the pool of current ones, it would not only lessen everyone's chance of getting the recipe they want, for the unlucky ones it could mean that they won't be able to craft any when they need them... Not everyone is able to check what crafting recipes they have available three times a day.
They could add it as a permanent recipe, either in a new slot or one of existing ones (though if they do, i hope it's a new slot)

Or they could just add blueprints to inventory, make them breakable like everything else in there but make them give restoration spells instead of spell fragments.

Lovec Krys

So I think we all (or almost all) agree that current solution needs just one additional think:
Give players ability to convert any (= min. 0, max all) amount of owned blueprints to RR spells (conversion rate 1:10 like before) anytime.
Then everybody is satisfied.

edeba

I'm simply NOT devaluing my event buildings by playing further chapters. So you've introduced an idea that will take me 3-5 times longer than I expected (depends on the size of the building - I thought 1 blueprint, one 4x4 or 4x5 or 5x5 event building) to upgrade event buildings that I want to upgrade. So be it... Chapter 14, here I come in 2021...

DeletedUser778

Waiting month and month to be able to upgrade some beloved event buildings with the transformation of blueprints to royal restoration and now "nothing".... just 5 little RR spells in the future tournaments and still some/many more or less useless BP (at least for me and others without magic buildings)... absolutely NOT cool! :(

DeletedUser2490

I see many people are upset by this. For me, I am for anything that will make this game last longer. I wouldn't want to finish everything and then have to sit here and say, "What now? guess I'll go play some other game since Elvenar has nothing left for me to do." :)

Heymrdiedier

guess I'll go play some other game since Elvenar has nothing left for me to do." :)

thats what many people will probably do if it stays the way it is.
if you they keep breaking promises over and over, why would you keep trusting them.
In this case a promise from almost 3 years ago (eastern 2016), that Blueprints will have a use for non-diamond players, and that we will be enthousiastic about it.
So basically they are saying people who worked 3 years for this promise, dont get what they signed up for anyway.

SoggyShorts

So I think we all (or almost all) agree that current solution needs just one additional think:
Give players ability to convert any (= min. 0, max all) amount of owned blueprints to RR spells (conversion rate 1:10 like before) anytime.
Then everybody is satisfied.
Yup, that'll work. As is this release is total crap.
1. All the BP we worked for are still useless.
2. We now get 50% fewer RR
3. There's no incentive to do 10 chests.

#3 is the worst.
Stale game, and now they remove kne of the only team building parts.

Very disappointed

Jackluyt

This is not good news!

1. I like the way that RR Spells will be awarded in Tournaments - a considerable improvement
2. And now the Tenth Chest will be a major special achievement, once again. (It would be nice if Fellowship stats could reflect how many ten-chesters they have had, too.)
3. What is not good is that there is no option to convert Blueprints to RR's, for those who do not have Magic Buildings. I have tons of Blueprints and nothing to use them on. And I have tons of old event buildings that I would like to use my Blueprints on!!
4. If they aren't going to convert Blueprints - perhaps we could use these to make our squad sizes smaller again? I am extremely peeved that my bigger squad size has dropped my position in Tournaments from number one which I achieved several times; now I am lucky to make the top hundred. I would gladly spend a blueprint or two to knock 20% off my squad size.
There would have to be a limit of how small you could go of course - else people would shrink their squads to ridiculous levels. But 10 - 20% would be fair compensation to the advanced players who have seen their Tournament play go backwards - and so smaller income of Knowledge Points etc every week.
I would gladly pay Diamonds to make my squads smaller...

DeletedUser2490

So basically they are saying people who worked 3 years for this promise, dont get what they signed up for anyway.

How big is the blueprint feature of the entire game? 5%, 10%? I think maybe people are missing the big picture? Granted, I have never had a blueprint. Never even came close to getting one. From my perspective, it's just a new challenge. A different dynamic to the game. A stale game will get just as many people leaving as it's perceived the RR spell would do.

CrazyWizard

How big is the blueprint feature of the entire game? 5%, 10%? I think maybe people are missing the big picture? Granted, I have never had a blueprint. Never even came close to getting one. From my perspective, it's just a new challenge. A different dynamic to the game. A stale game will get just as many people leaving as it's perceived the RR spell would do.

It aint a new challenge it's an old one, in fact numbers for 10 chest will severly drop again.
Why? because for many players it's hard to be motivated for an item they can't use anyway.

When the RR was announced a lot more people seemed to be willing to participate in the tournaments, more and more guild were able to do at least 10 chests once every 4-9 weeks. they could rally there troops because now there was a shared goal by all members of the guild, not only the paying ones.

but now were back at square one, how to motivate those who have no use for blueprints.

also dont forget that only a portion of this game consists of paying players, a large portion of those are little buyers, and a smaller portion are big spenders.
And guess where those spenders reside, I'll bet many of them are residing in those blueprint % of players.

DeletedUser2523

I see many people are upset by this. For me, I am for anything that will make this game last longer. I wouldn't want to finish everything and then have to sit here and say, "What now? guess I'll go play some other game since Elvenar has nothing left for me to do." :)

Very well put......I am in total agreement that stance. The longer the game goes, the more enticing, which enhances the challenge of the game.:)

DeletedUser2490

CrazyWizard: I see what your saying. I can respect your view. As someone who has obviously played this game a long time and invested a lot of yourself in it. For the record, I said for *me* it would be a new challenge. I lack the perspective of a long time player or a big spender. I am neither. What I have hard time with is saying many play this game simply to get blueprints. More specifically playing tournaments simply to get blueprints. I'm sure a small handful are, more power to them, but the hundreds more that play tournaments for reasons other than "blueprints". I have no current use for a blueprint and honestly could not care any less about them, yet I play tournaments. We have a large, diverse group of players and everyone's opinion on it should matter. Maybe I'll make up a t-shirt: Small spenders lives matter?

DeletedUser2378

I believe this will create more participation in tournaments. For the middle ground fellowships who stay around 4-6 chests a week, they may want to push a little more now to gain that 6th or 8th chest.

I get that players are upset about there being no-conversion of Blueprints to Restoration Spells, since they have been waiting a long time for that to happen. That would be frustrating after doing 10 chests continuously for so long.

Maybe there’s still a compromise to be made to compensate for their work the last year or so…but moving forward, stick with the current plan of gaining a RR spell through the 4th, 6th, 8th, 9th and 10th chest and still gain a Blueprint in that 10th chest, as well. Also, adding in an extra RR Spell in the 9th and 10th chest should be more than welcome, I’m sure.

My personal take is that (while I know people are upset about saving those old event buildings) we aren’t talking about needed buildings. Yes, they are assets to our towns for what they can bring. They aren’t what Elvenar is set up to be though. Where we need to think about how many residence, goods, armories, guest race buildings and chapter culture we need to balance out our towns. That’s what this game is about. We now have back to back events, Adventures, Challenges, etc….but those are all temporary bonus features to the game. Timon even told us, while discussing the future of event buildings, that we really shouldn’t hang on to a lot of old event buildings for more than a couple of chapters. I see the RR spell as a bonus feature to the game. Not a critical need to move forward.

Real money spenders, competitive players, non-competitive players, occasional money spenders, non money players, solo players, etc., etc., etc. We all play the way we want and what we think is fun for us. The Developers cannot accommodate to all of our wants/needs 100% of the time. They’re trying. We’ve all been upset and then thrilled by past changes/additions to the game.

I call this new feature a good one, for all to enjoy.

edeba

I think the KP has been a motivator for playing the tournament as well.

To me it is totally back tracking on what players were led to believe. I am in disbelief that I have been checking for progress on this since they said they would do this and this not what they said at all. This is introducing a way to upgrade event buildings that is entirely independent of the blueprints, it is not allowing blueprints to upgrade event buildings as we were led to believe.

It aint a new challenge it's an old one, in fact numbers for 10 chest will severly drop again.
Why? because for many players it's hard to be motivated for an item they can't use anyway.

When the RR was announced a lot more people seemed to be willing to participate in the tournaments, more and more guild were able to do at least 10 chests once every 4-9 weeks. they could rally there troops because now there was a shared goal by all members of the guild, not only the paying ones.

but now were back at square one, how to motivate those who have no use for blueprints.

also dont forget that only a portion of this game consists of paying players, a large portion of those are little buyers, and a smaller portion are big spenders.
And guess where those spenders reside, I'll bet many of them are residing in those blueprint % of players.

Heymrdiedier

I call this new feature a good one, for all to enjoy.

well you are right about this much, RR as it is now, is a new feature, and it is something exciting.

However it doesnt fulfill their 3 year old promise to give blueprints a use for non diamond spenders.
Im sure now they will say, but we will still do something with those bluepritns for non diamond players, but i honestly don't want to wait another 3 year to find out.

Thats like when they wanted to make a new use for magic academy because many of us complained it was a useless building. Their solution was: add instants. And guess what, those instants werent craftable in the magic academy.....
Eventually they came up with crafting as a second attempt since we kept compaining about the uselessness of the magic academy.

CrazyWizard

CrazyWizard: I see what your saying. I can respect your view. As someone who has obviously played this game a long time and invested a lot of yourself in it. For the record, I said for *me* it would be a new challenge. I lack the perspective of a long time player or a big spender. I am neither. What I have hard time with is saying many play this game simply to get blueprints. More specifically playing tournaments simply to get blueprints. I'm sure a small handful are, more power to them, but the hundreds more that play tournaments for reasons other than "blueprints". I have no current use for a blueprint and honestly could not care any less about them, yet I play tournaments. We have a large, diverse group of players and everyone's opinion on it should matter. Maybe I'll make up a t-shirt: Small spenders lives matter?

I believe this will create more participation in tournaments. For the middle ground fellowships who stay around 4-6 chests a week, they may want to push a little more now to gain that 6th or 8th chest.

Maybe there’s still a compromise to be made to compensate for their work the last year or so…but moving forward, stick with the current plan of gaining a RR spell through the 4th, 6th, 8th, 9th and 10th chest and still gain a Blueprint in that 10th chest, as well. Also, adding in an extra RR Spell in the 9th and 10th chest should be more than welcome, I’m sure.

It's not just for the blueprints, Under these rules I have 87 of them doing nothing, and there will be no way to ever use them all, period. even if I convert my entire city to magic buildings have a few chapters pass and still I am flodded with them.

There simply is nu use to push for 10 chests anymore, the blueprints are useless to either me or players without magic buildings.

I also disagree with @CiraKelley argument of improved participation, it will be less. maybe a few guilds will push a tiny bit harder but overall it will dwindle.
4-6 chest cost hardly an effort and gives you 2 spells.
8 chests cost almost double the effort for 1 more spell.
and almost double the 8 chest will give you 2 more of them.

Looking at an effort vs reward table this for many won't be attractive.

I think the KP has been a motivator for playing the tournament as well.

True: the problem is people only notice this once they get over a certain point of tournament participation. It's the higher level provincies that dish out most of the KP, an area an average low end tournament user never experiences unless they go for 10 chests.
But the motivation for going to reach 10 chests is practically removed for so many players.

Look at the guilds that manage to get 10 chest (at least some times) the first time the reach that goal, the tournaments after that initial one you see that guilds tournaments participation mayorly improve. most likely because at least some of them notice the mayor other rewards a tournament can give to a player and start to reap those rewards more often.

with a litte guidance I have seen an guild of "newbies" reach 10 chests every week, and last week they told me that because of it they learned the usefullness of it. for KP for spells and for the magic academy runes. things they simply did not use because they thought it was pointless.[/QUOTE]