• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug When giving help "Cannot boost builder's hut further" message appears but so does money image

DeletedUser2606

When visiting fellowship members/neighbours and giving help to their builder's hut I've twice had a situation where the +13200 coins (and possibly +1320 supply) has appeared above the BH followed by a message saying that the BH cannot be boosted further.. I'm not clear whether the extra coins and supply are actually added to my treasure tally or not but the initial impression is that it has been.

The later occurence of this was today on Beta. I can't remember where the previous one happened but it would have been before the current version. I'm using Chrome on WIndows 10 but I suspect that this is to do with synchronisation between the laptop and the host. If the connection had gone down before the message was displayed I would have thought that I had successfully delivered help and not have revisited the city to try to give help again.

Karvest

Someone else probably gave last available help to that builder's hut while you were looking for it.

DeletedUser2606

Someone else probably gave last available help to that builder's hut while you were looking for it.
That's my assumption and why I believe it is a synchronisation issue. The bug is that it appears to have paid out the reward to the helper and if the connection crashes or the display tool goes down then the player is given the impression that they have got the cash for the visit when they haven't. (At least that's the more likely scenario than being paid twice, once on the failed help once on the revisit as hte host presumably adds the money after it's checked that the help worked.) The little + numbers for coins (and supplies) shouldn't be displayed until the host has come back and said that the help worked.

Karvest

Floating blimps with coins/supplies/other gatherables are clientside, so you see them before server reply with actual result, and even if you don't received anything. But if you look at the "storage corner" (where amounts of your city resources are shown) - you'll see blimps there only for resources that you actually received after server response.
This is general game behavior. Devs made it that way to be able to merge different collections done with a small time difference into single server request, but user need to see game response on his pickup even if pickup is still in progress and not sent to server.

DeletedUser2579

When visiting fellowship members/neighbors and giving help to their builder's hut I've twice had a situation where the +13200 coins (and possibly +1320 supply) has appeared above the BH followed by a message saying that the BH cannot be boosted further.. I'm not clear whether the extra coins and supply are actually added to my treasure tally or not but the initial impression is that it has been.

The later occurrence of this was today on Beta. I can't remember where the previous one happened but it would have been before the current version. I'm using Chrome on Windows 10 but I suspect that this is to do with synchronization between the laptop and the host. If the connection had gone down before the message was displayed I would have thought that I had successfully delivered help and not have revisited the city to try to give help again.

Interesting, I've never experienced that; they usually don't have a floating hand, so they don't pop, no error message.
But, I'll be looking to make it happen.

That's my assumption and why I believe it is a synchronisation issue. The bug is that it appears to have paid out the reward to the helper and if the connection crashes or the display tool goes down then the player is given the impression that they have got the cash for the visit when they haven't. (At least that's the more likely scenario than being paid twice, once on the failed help once on the revisit as hte host presumably adds the money after it's checked that the help worked.) The little + numbers for coins (and supplies) shouldn't be displayed until the host has come back and said that the help worked.

Now that would explain what happened, but I hope our team checks out the :coin:/:supply: being transferred with Support.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2606

Floating blimps with coins/supplies/other gatherables are clientside, so you see them before server reply with actual result, and even if you don't received anything. But if you look at the "storage corner" (where amounts of your city resources are shown) - you'll see blimps there only for resources that you actually received after server response.
This is general game behavior. Devs made it that way to be able to merge different collections done with a small time difference into single server request, but user need to see game response on his pickup even if pickup is still in progress and not sent to server.
That makes sense when you're in your own city running along all your residences or whatever at once. NH is a one-off on a city site before you either go chest-hunting or return somewhere else. But presumably you're saying this will be marked off as working as designed. I suppose the thing only is an issue if you both lose your connection and the city you were visiting is the last one in your fellowship or other list and therefore you wouldn't be wondering why there is still a city available to help when you return to the list, map or whatever.

By the way do you happen to know how I check if I've got the latest version of Shockwave? It crashes several times a day. The most irritating being when I'm hunting around for a post-chest help which I don't then seem able to return to.

Karvest

Right click on the game and you'll see flash player version in popup menu. Mine is 32.0.0.101 (64 bit) here.
If you missed pickup of that chest for whatever reason (due to crash/accidental clicking on return to map/etc), you can find it again in next city after NH.

For the failed NH due to builder's hut is not available for NH anymore (or any other culture building that received NH from other player while you are looking at the city), probably you should be able to give NH to any other building after the "failed" message without city reload. If not - than it's a bug that should be fixed.

Marindor

This has been reported before and is indeed not considered a bug, due to the things already explained in this thread :) I'll archive it now.

DeletedUser2606

Right click on the game and you'll see flash player version in popup menu. Mine is 32.0.0.101 (64 bit) here.
If you missed pickup of that chest for whatever reason (due to crash/accidental clicking on return to map/etc), you can find it again in next city after NH.

For the failed NH due to builder's hut is not available for NH anymore (or any other culture building that received NH from other player while you are looking at the city), probably you should be able to give NH to any other building after the "failed" message without city reload. If not - than it's a bug that should be fixed.

Thanks very much for all your comments. I do have the same version of flash as you so having an old version is not the reason for it crashing all the time.