• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic

Jackluyt

Quest 21 is going to make many players unhappy: Solve 10 Encounters.
For many who for various reasons do not wish to explore further on the Map this is going to be a game-stopper.

Last time they responded to player feedback and provided the alternative of ‘or Tournament Encounters’. I wonder why not this time?
It is still only day one - and already we have needed 13 encounters, requiring 2 extra provinces; who knows how many we will need before the event is over...
:( :(

SoggyShorts

Quest 21 is going to make many players unhappy: Solve 10 Encounters.
For many who for various reasons do not wish to explore further on the Map this is going to be a game-stopper.

Last time they responded to player feedback and provided the alternative of ‘or Tournament Encounters’. I wonder why not this time?
It is still only day one - and already we have needed 13 encounters, requiring 2 extra provinces; who knows how many we will need before the event is over...
:( :(
Honestly, this has been the case for 2 years. If players haven't learned to keep a few scouted provinces open in prep, then that's on them.

Deleted User - 60107

Honestly, this has been the case for 2 years. If players haven't learned to keep a few scouted provinces open in prep, then that's on them.
Two things:
1) We already had events where we had a choice to do tournament encounters instead. There was no reason to think they would go back to an odler and worse option
2) NOT EVERYONE PLAYS THE SAME WAY AS YOU!!! Get that through your head already! Your argument boils down to:
"There's only one correct way to play the game - my way! If people haven't learned what that way is - it's on them!"

If the events are meant only for people that play the same way as you - the Elvenar team should say so. Then the rest of us will know to just ignore any and all future events.

SoggyShorts

NOT EVERYONE PLAYS THE SAME WAY AS YOU!!! Get that through your head already! Your argument boils down to:
"There's only one correct way to play the game - my way! If people haven't learned what that way is - it's on them!"
Yeeesh calm down homie. I never said everyone has to play like me, but how many times do you think someone should be warned? I mean your join date shows as sept 2016 so that's about 16 events? More?

My style of driving includes wearing a seatbelt, and of course, not everyone has to be like me. Good luck with that, and be sure to blame everyone but yourself if you fly through the windshield.

I'm not totally against allowing tournament provinces to count for these quests, but they are kinda the last challenge left in events(and not a very difficult one at that)

Last edited:

Deleted User - 60107

Yeeesh calm down homie. I never said everyone has to play like me, but how many times do you think someone should be warned? I mean your join date shows as sept 2016 so that's about 16 events? More?

My style of driving includes wearing a seatbelt, and of course, not everyone has to be like me. Good luck with that, and be sure to blame everyone but yourself if you fly through the windshield.

I'm not totally against allowing tournament provinces to count for these quests, but they are kinda the last challenge left in events(and not a very difficult one at that)
Nice try, but this isn't about me. All of my cities have enough provinces scouted (or so I hope - I won't know for sure until the full quest list is known and I can calculate how many encounters I will need).

- Not everyone wants to complete so many encounters - "Buy KP" and "Complete X encounters" are the two quest requirements I hate with a passion. Then there are those who already have all province expansions and so completing more encounters gets them nothing of value (unless they need the points for rank, of course)
- Not everyone can complete the required number of encounters - some players, especially in the earlier chapters, simply don't have the resources to complete enough encounters
- Most important of all: We went from "Having a choice (province or tournament)" back to "Having NO choice (province only)". This is the thing that truly bugs me: Why go back to using a worse option?

Different players find different things challenging. If you find it more challnging to do only province encounters - no one's forcing you to use the tournament option. But why force everyone to do the same as you?

DeletedUser2194

If the events are meant only for people that play the same way as you - the Elvenar team should say so. Then the rest of us will know to just ignore any and all future events.

Now's the time to point out: Soggy plays without using diamonds. Somehow, I don't think the devs are going to advise everyone to stop using and buying diamonds, and remove them as a game resource.

Different players find different things challenging. If you find it more challenging to do only province encounters - no one's forcing you to use the tournament option. But why force everyone to do the same as you?

'wants'? Honestly, why would they be handing out prizes for things the average player already wants to do. Also, I think we agree tournament is easier, unless all your Provinces are Very Easy and you're four stars into the tournament. Devs just didn't do that for this event. Why? Who can say.

Final point: Why all the arguing?
NOT EVERYONE PLAYS THE SAME WAY AS YOU!!!
It's not like he was defending the developers for this change, or claiming that it's better. Seemed like a bit of a blow up considering all Soggy did was give up to the Relentless Passage of Time in the Beta Community.

No one's claiming to be thrilled about this change from the last event, but it's manageable. If it's not, well, sorry. Next time you'll (probably) be prepared. Additionally, next time you will be an experienced vet to how the developers claim to help vs how they do help. Like Soggy!

edeba

Good to know. I was going to purchase for this event and now I see no point. Glad I found out early enough to avoid purchase because if I found after, I'd just boycott spending in my live game as well, for a long time.

For this event the decision was made to leave it at World Map encounters indeed.

DeletedUser2561

Can I have a guess? Autumn event's quests were a copy-and-paste of Easter event. I wouldn't be surprised if this Winter event's quests were a copy-and-paste of some older event which did not have the tournament encounter option. So probably the dev's did not intentionally exclude that option, they merely were too lazy (or too busy designing daily prizes) to change it.

Edit: Probably copy of Woodelvenstock. Would also fit with the random-chest-slotmachine theme.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Not everyone wants to....
Yeah, I'm going to agree with @ThunderingJeff and say that maybe you shouldn't get prizes for just doing stuff that you were going to do anyways.
I mean how far do you take that? Everyone finds some quest to be undesirable, so should they get rid of all of them and just give prizes for logging in?
Maybe some players don't want to log in every day though, so those prizes should just stack up so that whenever you do log in you get all of the prizes.:)

To be clear, I don't want to clear provinces either. It's expensive, it's time-consuming and keeping a few open for events means that my next expansion is delayed. However, I also recognize that if everything was free it would make for a very easy game. Too easy IMO.

CrazyWizard

Two things:
1) We already had events where we had a choice to do tournament encounters instead. There was no reason to think they would go back to an odler and worse option
Event not events, it was exactly 1 event.
2) NOT EVERYONE PLAYS THE SAME WAY AS YOU!!! Get that through your head already! Your argument boils down to:

It's better if I ignore this part for everyone's sake.

Heymrdiedier

I can honestly say i dont like the rotating chests at all. First of all it takes a long time if you want to open many chests.
But most importantly, what people (or maybe just me) hate the most about the chest rewards is the randomness, and the only way to normalise randomness is by doing it many times after each other. In other words you need to open many, many chests then the random part gets smaller. But the rotating chests have a low payback of snowflakes, and half of the chests dont even have a payback at all. This means you get a lot less chests to open.

I would much rather have a high snowflake payback and a lower payout of delicacies, then how it is now, high payout of delicacies and barely any payback.
I also dont like that i often get the choice between 3 cheap chests, or the choice of 3 times expensive chests. Doesnt feel like i have a choice at all when these come up.

For me the rotating chests add an extra randomness to the allready too random currency events. And i dont think im the only one who doesnt like too much randomness.
Ive always done all events, but this time i feel like i shouldnt be putting too much effort for it, the chances that im getting what i want is too small even if i hardcore through the event.

Jackluyt

I have 9 chests - are there more?

I tried to insert a spoiler but it is not showing.

You can see the original full-size graphic here: https://tinyurl.com/y79f9js4

46480030_10212857155124298_3896608654094237696_n.jpg

Jackluyt

Could someone please tag me when we have the math on which is percentage-wise good for what?

Thanks!!

edeba

Just looking at this event and truly wondering why I am even playing on beta. I had a few diamonds from my wishing well so I got past the 3 encounters, but I'm not getting past the 10 encounters, which is only quest 21. Super disappointed.

Just realized I deleted culture to build workshops for nothing... I'm never getting to those quests that need the workshops. This game is really annoying at time.

Last edited: