• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [22407] Clientside production timers are slower than serverside

Karvest

Game version: v1.57-(076b33fdf)-(master) (2018-06-20 10:20)
HTML5 Yes/No: No
Game world: Beta1
Browser/IOS/Android + version: Chrome 67.0.3396.87 (64 bit)
Flash Player version: 30.0.0.113 (64 bit)
Operating System: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 1920*1200
Account name: Karvest
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Current situation:
clientside production timers are slower than serverside. When timer get synced with server - it can be adjusted for more than 10min during 3h production cycle.

Expected situation:
Client always shows accurate time left for productions.

Reproduction Steps:
1. Fill in Barracks production queue.
2. Wait for some time, say 5 minutes.
3. Notice time left for currently producing slot.
4. Cancel last slot / enqueue something.
5. Notice time left for currently producing slot changed.
In my case 5min waiting gives like 10 seconds time shift, the more you wait - more difference will be.
If you are not simply waiting, but actively playing the game (playing tournament, visiting other players to exchange KP, etc) - to the end of 3h production cycle you can see timers showing like 14min left and then after some action that is followed by receiving information about some finished production - you notice timers shows way less time left or even most of productions are already finished.

Screenshots of the bug:
timer.gif

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
confirmed.

i notice that when you tab out while waiting with the barracks open. You can see the timer jumping in minutes when you tab back in.
So i would assume it was correct at that point.
However if i add another troop to the trainingqueue, the timers jumps another 10 seconds again.
So there is something wrong indeed.

Karvest

Even tournament timer is out of sync. Showing some time available for tourney while it's already over for more than 5 minutes.
upload_2018-6-23_21-9-42.png

Karvest

Hm... Today I've encountered the opposite behavior - my WS was showing that 1 day production is ready, but when I've tried to gather it - only blimp flied out, but not received actual supplies. After game reload there were more than 18 minutes left for production.

DeletedUser

this quest has a fault
You should make your own topic next time, not hijack others. Besides, this has already been reported 2x, check existing bug reports first before posting. :eek:

Karvest

Yeah, just checked, after the "fix" client-side timers are faster then server-side.
Should I make separate bug report for that?

Last edited:

Marindor

Hi everyone,

Could you please let us know if after today's deploy, you can still reproduce this issues?

Karvest

still see +-1 sec adjustment while adding troops to barracks, but don't think it's critical.