• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Phoenix Cult

DeletedUser1163

The game devs are slowly improving the quests from all the feedback on the forums. You see, the pen is mightier than the sword. Our suggestions and complaints are being taken seriously. The complaint I always have with these events are they usually start up at the same time we are tackling an event in Forge of Empires, and honestly, I think they are entirely too l o n g.

It’s so important for game developers to read our comments because…
Many of us will melt away faster than butter in frying pans,
if Inno does not improve the events for us Elvenar fans.
P.S. For those who cannot visit Elvenar as much as they would like, make sure to login once a month or Elvenar sends their demolition squad of Orcs to knock down everything you have created. Your cities are truly beautiful pieces of art. Would hate to find out they were torn apart.

DeletedUser1163

HOW TO FINISH AN EVENT

These events can be difficult to complete when you have just started exploring Elvenar. From what I’ve experienced tackling these quests, and thanks to the advice from members on the Forum, I'd like to share what I've learned to help finish an event.

1. New to Elvenar? Research the Trader so you can trade goods.

2. An event starting on Beta usually arrives on the World servers in about a week. If you’re curious to know what to expect, head over to
Gems of Knowledge to take a peek.

3. Use the space between buildings or clear some space to complete the quests for goods/supplies.
You can breeze through the event if you have the required goods/supplies waiting to be collected.

4. Upgrade Level 1 supply buildings or Tier 1 goods buildings ahead of time to one level below the required level to complete the quest
“Upgrade [4] Buildings to Level 4 or higher.”

5. When a quest says “Gain,” trade the same amount of goods back & forth between two or more players to complete the quest.

6. Just pick up a building and plop it back down to “Move 1 Building.”

7. Stock up on goods, especially if facing Hard/Very Hard provinces.

8. Send out scouts ahead of time to complete “Scout a Province.”

9. Have 3 or more provinces already scouted to “Solve Encounters.”

10. “Instants” come in handy if you’re short on coins and supplies.

11. Don’t miss out on Double Days, bringing you closer to the grand prizes faster. Double days are select days throughout the event where you will get double the normal payout of the currency that goes towards grand prizes.

12. Wait before claiming the grand prize if you’re near to completing the advanced scout research to unlock the next chapter.
Prizes go up in level after unlocking a chapter.

13. If you want to increase your goods production boosts, gain Relics and Rune Shards, Knowledge and Ranking Points,
don’t delay, head for the Tournament today. That’s where I go to “Gain Relics.”

14. Don't get stressed over the quests. Do what you can. Visit the Forum to leave your suggestions and complaints, and to read what other Elvenar players have posted. Letting the game developers know your thoughts on the latest quests helps improve the events.

Now that you know how to finish an event, you can relax.
Water your flowers with the garden hose, and belay any
fears when an event emerges from the shadows.​

Elrondriel

The game devs are slowly improving the quests from all the feedback on the forums.
Just curious: where exactly in this specific event ? Personally, I see more difficult ones compared to last year: PoP spells that were easy to collect in tournament (or those who have a MA) are replaced by building non-bonus manufactories. If I'm not mistaken, the amount of coins, supplies, goods and troops has increased except some quests for chapter 1 players.

DeletedUser

It seems the quests are easier than in previous events and playable to small cities, thankfully.
That's mostly because the 'Gain xx Goods/Supplies/Coins/Units' quests are now chapter based.

We shall see about that, I started a new city on Live the day after the event started on Beta. The fact that there are no "Gain spells" quests saved me a whole expansion, so that'll help. The "gain relics" are going to be a beast though..... I'll post the results of my Chapter 1 city attempt her:esmile:
You will probably have a hard time with the 'Gain xx Relcis' and 'Solve xx Encounters' quests. Also the 'Upgrade building to level 10/12' quests will impossible. For the 'Gain xx T2 Goods' quests you probably will need some help with (uneven) cross trades.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heymrdiedier

Just curious: where exactly in this specific event ? Personally, I see more difficult ones compared to last year: PoP spells that were easy to collect in tournament (or those who have a MA) are replaced by building non-bonus manufactories. If I'm not mistaken, the amount of coins, supplies, goods and troops has increased except some quests for chapter 1 players.
there are for example no, finish x encounter quests, without an OR part.
That makes its a lot easier in my eyes.
Or am i wrong and are there quests like that, that i just overlooked?

SoggyShorts

You will probably have a hard time with the 'Gain xx Relcis' and 'Solve xx Encounters' quests. Also the 'Upgrade building to level 10/12' quests will impossible. For the 'Gain xx T2 Goods' quests you probably will need some help with (uneven) cross trades.
If I'm careful, I should be able to research techs and scout provinces for the upgrade to 10-12 quests.
My biggest concern is that I have 10 provinces cleared, so everything is "very hard". Gain 16,20,32 relics is a lot with only 1-2 provinces to use in the tournament. I've gotten my goods up to ~2,000 T1, but I don't think that will be enough for negotiating 58 very hard encounters.
Perhaps I will get into chapter 2 towards the end just to grab the advanced scouts and reduce costs by 25% before scouting the last 4 I need.

Note: I did get totally screwed on boosts with mine being steel which is double the siz:efrown:

Last edited:

ophion

My problem with quests is turning up the latest one which requires me to gain 20 relics. I've only just completed a province, and to scout a new province is also going to take me almost 2 days to complete....the tournaments aren't due to start for another 2 days...and I'm 2 relics away from completing the quest which means I've missed out a whole day of double rewards.

SoggyShorts

@ophion
Yep, the "gain relics" are probably the greatest challenge for most players. I know I screwed up my usual tournament routine in order to get the gain 16+20+32 in during the last tournament. On live it should be easier as I always keep 3-4 provinces scouted and open.

edeba

The various buildings with goods simply are not attractive at higher levels. I found them extremely useful with my low level beta account that still had a crappy boost, but for the high level, I just look at the measly amount and you almost have to ask, what's the point?

There needs to be an adjustment in the goods payout to include the boost, even if only 1/2 or 1/3rd of the boost is considered, or really the reward needs to be reconsidered with how well it compares to what players get fully boosted. Maybe even an adjustment of even 10% per chapter, so leave chapter 1, chapter 2 10% more than it is, chapter 3 20% more than it is, chapter 4 30% more than it is, and so on... By chapter 12 110% more than it is.

I just put considerable time evaluating how useful the event buildings would be to me. I probably use 2-3 million of goods per week, and this 2450 per 24 hours just doesn't inspire me... There are 16 squares needed for the set building to get that 2450 that are exceptionally poor. I am not inspired by the grand prizes at all and in order to get the full value I have to put aside 16 under performing squares? The more I look at this, well, it still would not inspire me with the improvement I suggested in the previous paragraph. That 24 hour collection needs to be 3... on all of the set buildings...

There was the "special" offer for the event and I've only just found the adjustments to the FA enough to consider purchases after 7 months of boycotting and I looked, and I looked, and I was left totally uninspired by this event to spend money and I found the so called special way over priced for what is offered in this event.

DeletedUser1163

There needs to be an adjustment in the goods payout to include the boost, even if only 1/2 or 1/3rd of the boost is considered, or really the reward needs to be reconsidered with how well it compares to what players get fully boosted. Maybe even an adjustment of even 10% per chapter, so leave chapter 1, chapter 2 10% more than it is, chapter 3 20% more than it is, chapter 4 30% more than it is, and so on... By chapter 12 110% more than it is.
See how math can help you in every day life. It prevents you from being taken advantage of. You have an excellent point edeba. I never realized the cost of goods can be in the millions when you get to the higher chapters. Having Set buildings take up 3-4 land expansions takes up space needed for the important Ancient Wonders.

I do love the artistic creations of these event buildings. For some of us Elvenar players, or maybe most of us, the event buildings just sit in our inventories until we can spare some space to build them. To spend diamonds to buy land expansions is very costly. If the game developers are going to reward us with these types of Set buildings, include a land expansion or two as Daily Prizes. Or even better, to motivate us to finish the event include land expansions as a reward when we complete the last quest.

DeletedUser1163

I'm 2 relics away from completing the quest
Sorry to read you lost out on the double rewards for that day. Besides competing in the tournaments, you can also find relics in treasure chests when you offer neighborly help but alas, the chests only give us four random treasures every 24 hours. If you only need a few relics, this is another way to try and get relics faster than waiting to scout a new province. Noticed we can't win relics from opening the smaller egg in this event. It would be nice to see relics being offered again in the events.

To avoid getting stuck when I need to "Gain Relics," I always make sure I have at least two provinces already scouted and waiting to be conquered. This helps when you find the tournament is closed, which it usually is as you get closer to finishing the event. I'm going to have my citizens walk around Elvenar with a protest sign that says, Keep the Tournaments open during Events!... please.

Calenmir

Well so far the event is following a familiar structure and I am fortunate to be at a stage that I can cope with them all, but I was more than a bit disappointed to see another darn fighting boost on DOUBLE CROWN DAY???? Think that is supposed to be double Feather day devs???

Double day is ALWAYS the day they offer that horrible building. They NEVER offer anything of value on that day. It's been that way for at least the last three events (similar to this one). I have several of those buildings that will NEVER leave my inventory. They're worthless.

DeletedUser1681

Wishing Well expires in so and so many days...
Does this mean that just the effects of the well expire or that the whole building disappears from the map.
Or maybe the daily prize effect end but culture stays ?

Elrondriel

The Wishing Well special feature of giving random ressources every 12h will disappear after 100 days and the building remains as culture-only.

Just wondering: do I need to feel awkward when I open fifty (that's 50 !) small chests and still don't get the wishing well ? This is by far the worst result I have ever seen since there are events. What were other's results today ?