• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [12946] NH icon in notification screen shows incorrectly

Dony

King of Bugs
There are three different times: 8h, 23h and 24h. 1) how long is NH on culture 2) How quick you may do next NH 3) How long is golden hand
exactly, tooltip says 23 hours for getting extra supplies, notification in my example says 37 minutes.

Elderflower

I've also been trying to record the incidences of gold versus green hands. I have found that some of my neighbours and Fellowship members are almost always green. And some always show golden hands. So far I cannot pin it down to time of day or anything.
I guess I need more data - and a bigger spreadsheet :rolleyes:

DeletedUser1877

Not to jinx things, but this morning, EVERY hand seems to be correct.

DeletedUser1250

It is still bugged. Sometimes there isn't even a hand for a player who helped me, which makes me hope I am not skipping anyone by accident. I still don't know why this happens, no matter where I look, how much information I collect, it doesn't make sense. Not yet. Hoping for a miracle or a very smart developer who suddenly sees the light :)

Elderflower

Yes. I have looked at all sorts of things but I can't find a common factor. So I think it will have to be a very smart developer indeed ;)

Marindor

Hi everyone,

Is this issue still there? Our development team isn't able to reproduce it. If it's there, could someone please provide a video with all the steps, including users and buildings utilized, also the state of the player receiving polish in the moment (offline, some window opened)?

Dony

King of Bugs
if it wasnt fixed with todays update it still there, ill make video when i am home today

Dony

King of Bugs
i can make same video tomorow if that helps, i can already tell you that people who had green hands today and will give me help tomorow will be green hands tommorow again, i explained it earlier in this thread

DeletedUser1250

This is not solved. I have no idea how to make a video though.
I checked the online in BS, one of the golden hands (Richord) was online, Sventovit who didn't have a golden hand but who had just helped me was online too.

NH help bug.png

NH help 2.png

NH help 3.png

While I was making this post, Khrys polished an arcane library. His hand is golden. After (I did some) refreshing and after logging out and in again, the hand is still golden.

I don't know what else I can tell you what can be useful.

Edit: 1 day later: Khrys who has just helped me has no golden hand today, while he had one yesterday. So why????

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2050

Hi all! :)

I just tried reporting a bug but got redirected to a months-old thread so I guess I have to report here since it's related to that topic, even if it was in April. Lemme know if that's right or if I should make a new thread! So:

Game version: v1.32-(03654162e) (2017-06-09 12:06)
Game world: beta
Browser/IOS/Android + version: Google Chrome 58.0.3029.110
Flash Player version: 25.0.0.171
Operating System: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Account name: QueenOfBabble
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: x

Current situation:
When I go to my notifications to repay my neighbours and fellows' help they do appear with golden or green hands at first but after a few motivations, they all turn back to green houses. If I visit them the hands for motivations do appear and I can help them though. (Just to let you know, this problem is quite old, I created a notepad on May 5th where I add all the players who help me regularly so I don't forget anyone.)

Expected situation:
Each player I can motivate should have a golden or green hands symbol.

Reproduction Steps
Open notifications.
2. Help a few neighbours.
3. Notice that someone I didn't help yet had a house instead of hands.
4. Visit the player to check if I can indeed help them

DeletedUser1250

So strange. I noticed something like this once before in the Dutch world.
I wanted to visit the fellows and to my surprise no one of the first page had a golden hand.
So I checked the notification menu. Some had visited me and had a wrong colour of the hand. I picked a golden one from the notification menu, visited him, polished a cultural building, picked up the treasure in the city, went back to the fellowship list and to my surprise suddenly 2 of the first page had a golden hand!
I checked the notification menu again, but they had visited me earlier today. Their hands should have been golden at first, but weren't and changed to golden after I visited someone form another page who had a golden hand.
It doesn't make sense, I can try to reproduce it, but then I still don't understand it. Why did the hands change to golden after I visited someone?

DeletedUser1075

Worth noting... when the hands are neutral (not gold, not checked), the following occurs:

1. Open FS window
2. See first incorrect hands icon in list, note FS member
3. Click on house icon on that FS member & wait for screen refresh.
4. Click to give NH.
5. Open FS window
6. Note hands of the FS member just helped will change to golden briefly and then revert to checked gray hands

That internal jump from golden to checked gray happens whether the FS member helped you or not. Not sure if this helps. You miss the switch if the FS member you help is not on the first page of the FS window.

DeletedUser

I think I'm starting to see a pattern. When someone gives you NH when you're online, the hand is golden
When someone gives you NH when you're offline, the hand is green (neutral).

At the moment I don't have time to check this thoroughly, but maybe someone else could?

DeletedUser1250

@Ritsel, seems not right, I have tested that several times

@Grace,
I noticed that too, the hand becoming golden after giving help, just before it turns grey, but does that have anything to do with it? Can a developer look into that please?

Elderflower

I checked this morning. Two people gave me neighbourly help overnight - when I was definitely offline. One has green hands and the other golden. Neither of them are in my fellowship and each is in a different fellowship.

DeletedUser1250

Worth noting... when the hands are neutral (not gold, not checked), the following occurs:

1. Open FS window
2. See first incorrect hands icon in list, note FS member
3. Click on house icon on that FS member & wait for screen refresh.
4. Click to give NH.
5. Open FS window
6. Note hands of the FS member just helped will change to golden briefly and then revert to checked gray hands

That internal jump from golden to checked gray happens whether the FS member helped you or not. Not sure if this helps. You miss the switch if the FS member you help is not on the first page of the FS window.

Maybe this is more important than I first thought. Now I got a question, which I can't answer yet because I got help from all members on the first page in the dutch server.

If a member of the first page did NOT help you the last day, then the hand should be not golden. If you help that member, does the hand turn into golden right before it turns to grey?

Elderflower

If a member of the first page did NOT help you the last day, then the hand should be not golden. If you help that member, does the hand turn into golden right before it turns to grey?
Yes I do find that to be true - and I also see it on the 2nd and 3rd pages of the Fellowship window.
I don't need to be fast or use shortcuts as Dony says because my laptop is old and slow :oops:

DeletedUser1250

Maybe this helps.

I joined a BS in the dutch server 2 days ago and visited all fellows right after joining. No golden hands of course, I just joined, so that was fine.
Yesterday I visited them again. To my surprise all hands were golden except 3, those 3 had not visited me yet, so that was right. Now I wondered why hands that were not golden on my other accounts were golden on this one and I wondered again if it has anything to do with players who visit daily. They often seem to have no golden hand why they should.
Today I started visiting them again, almost all hands had the wrong colour, no golden, except the ones that had not visited me the first day!

So does this have anything to do with players visiting me daily (having no golden hand) or not daily?