• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Ads in the game?

FaunaWillow

@FaunaWillow I'm not a forge player so I have a question regarding the forge plus packages. Were they in existence prior to launch of ads in forge of empires?
Yes, this was all introduced last year. First the Forge Plus Package, then the advertisements, then the Plus package added the no-ads benefit. Now it's Elvenar's turn, it seems, but in a different manner of implementation, communication and testing.
"We're testing different alternatives to the previously introduced payment threshold that determined which players had access to the Mobile Video Ads. With the new changes, all players who bought Forge Plus packages will not see the ads. Taking advantage of the Forge Plus package will grant you all Video Ads benefits without watching ads."
*Note how with their testing (and now implementation), ads are automatically hidden.
This would make one presume that INNO knows full well that many players do not want to see ads in their games, as they felt that the players didn't even need the option on whether or not they would still see ads, once the package was purchased, it was an automatic no-ads perk to the purchase made.
https://forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Forge_Plus

The main point I'd like to make at this time (not to the players but to the company and its staff...not the volunteers) is that the player base within Elvenar are no longer treated with nearly the respect that some other INNOGames products receive.
I realize that there are some games made by INNO with zero communication, as well.
We are right in the middle of that spectrum and quickly becoming outcasts ourselves.

We used to get friendly communication and dialogue when Elvenar was still considered new.
It seems as the years have gone on, this game is not as exciting or important as it used to be to the company.

It feels like throwing ads in this game is a lazy way to make more money instead of working with the dedicated players to add in new things that we'd really like to have and would be happy to spend money on.
The ads aren't that big of a deal, for now. I will continue to try to ignore them. They are getting annoying though.
It is spammy and obnoxious to see the news reel announcement constantly popping up in-game, but whatever. Hopefully, these ads don't get any more invasive with time. It's not something I like seeing in a fantasy building game, after almost 8 years of playing. :(

Edit to add: this is not to dismiss those who enjoy getting extra little bonuses from watching the ads. To each their own. :)
But the whole market of players (once out of a/b testing) should not have to be inundated with pop ups about ads in their towns and have those constant accidental ad clicks (yes, that we can close out after opening) in the research tree. Those are bad designs. Move the ads to one area like the diamonds section, as was already suggested, for those who want to see them.

Last edited:

Lovec Krys

It won´t be long now that you will have to watch a commercial (or at least the first five secconds of it) when starting the APP, or Ads running randomly after a certain ammount of game time (trust me, I have seen this happening on other game platforms, and it started there just like it does here now).
Well, if things comes to this, then they can save money for developing new chapters - since no one will play them - since all long term players will quit.

ZodiBeta

I like them a lot! It's fun to see new stuff.
Please add to the game for everyone!
It's a fantastic boost for fighting, boosting productions, not to mention the random handful of diamonds. A very pleasant surprise! I believe the players will really enjoy this opportunity!
Of course ad blockers across platforms & browers will need to be addressed, as I'm seeing not everyone can access them :(

Lelanya

I for one am retaining my current adblocker and may layer in more. Just want to express my support for the idea that we the players should be able to turn adverts off in settings.

But who knows, maybe the aim is to chase away all of the older players.

Enevhar Aldarion

I for one am retaining my current adblocker and may layer in more. Just want to express my support for the idea that we the players should be able to turn adverts off in settings.

But who knows, maybe the aim is to chase away all of the older players.

Just remember how many people only use the app to play and there is no ad blocking in any game app.

motylek50

Czy teraz w grze pojawiają się również reklamy?
W miejscach, w których EC spada podczas wydarzeń.
Czy teraz w grze pojawiają się również reklamy?
W miejscach, w których EC spada podczas wydarzeń.
Ja nie mam żadnych blokad reklamowych a niestety ale takich funkcji nie mam a czasem może bym obejrzała jakąś reklamę za jakieś wspomagacze....
----‐--‐‐------------------------------------------------------
Translation:
I don't have any ad blockers and unfortunately I don't have such functions and sometimes I could watch an ad for some boosters....

Edited by: Amy Steele
Edit Reason: Translation required

Last edited by a moderator:

Lelanya

I am play testing  new and improved Ad Blockers. One gut is developing an and blocker for phones :cool:
Wow talk about automangle:
One guy I've encountered recently is developing an add blocker for phones.

Last edited:

Lelanya

i play on pc and get the ads. another TERRIBLE idea from inno! all i've ever gotten from watching them is goods i already produce. i definitely will not watch any more. i also HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT releasing ads on the live worlds.
I guess that you do not play on the International server then, the rot has crept in there already, and is spreading like mould in a shower.

FaunaWillow

If I had to guess, I would say that Support has been instructed not to say anything to the players about these ads or a/b testing. That's usually what happens when they go radio-silent and it makes no sense, at all.
The EN forum mod did give a little update here (same as the quick response we got here in this feed):
https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/random-unannounced-beta-testing-in-the-live-worlds.17790/post-111790

The fact that INNO thought it was a good idea to stay silent, instead of being open and honest with their players really shows how little they value our opinions. They don't even try to put us at ease with the way things have been going lately.
They simply do not care.

Last edited:

Neytiri1022

I don't think too much of it - just for fun I turned off the AdBlocker and participated in the advertising. 2 x I was promised diamonds - 2 x it was not kept.... - the rest yes, whatever came: magic dust, supplies, steel, etc.

Other than that, I take it easy, but I'm very sensitive to the topic of diamonds, especially after recent events. Better not to promise diamonds then, I can deal with that better.

Reina del mar

Since approx one hour, when clicking watch ad I receive this message:
1686221309186.png