• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Season of Joy

Arthus

No. not all Europeans celebrate Christmas and Easter. It's wrong
"NOT ALL" is not an argument.
Majority celebrates it (64% of Europeans are Christian) and we have right to.
@Amy Steele , reporting this to devs is scandalous. It's like you are forbidding christians to celebrate their holiday.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
@Amy Steele , reporting this to devs is scandalous. It's like you are forbidding christians to celebrate their holiday.
Far be it from me to forbid anyone anything. It is as Ainor said...
there is no easter and christmas on elvenar, but phoenix and winter event. Let's call things by their name
Quite simply the wording should be Phoenix, as that is the name of the event in game. To call it anything else is inaccurate and could be confusing for certain players.

Back on topic please

jampadampa

This is paranoia! It's like out of a bad movie and I feel like I'm seeing "witch hunts" where there are none!! I know it will come back to me, but I have to say - I did not expect how many hypocrites there are among us on the "beta". Both Easter and Christmas were formerly pagan holidays!
Like Christmas, Easter has adopted many old pagan symbols and customs. "Easter" takes its name from the Teutonic goddess of spring and dawn, Oestre (or Eastre). Modern pagans agreed on the word Ostara to denote the spring equinox. But when we take a closer look at some Easter customs, we find out that the origin of the holiday is actually pagan and had almost nothing to do with the Christian holiday before. For example, the custom of dyeing and giving Easter eggs is purely pagan - they are a clear symbol of fertility.
The Celtic holiday of Alban Eilir is the forerunner of our Easter. How about asking the Celts to never celebrate anything?!
I don't take anyone's opinion, but where has the tolerance gone?
Is it possible to solve important things and not trifles?

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

It is a fantasy game that has fantasy holidays. Yes, in the early years there were some references to real-world holidays, but I think it has been at least 4 or 5 years since the last time an event felt like it was meant to be a real-world holiday. So yes, that quest needs "Easter" removed from the name. And probably any old event buildings with real-world holidays in their names should be changed. I think those are mostly old Winter event items that include "Christmas" in their names.

Ainor

no culture in this building?
1679419105419.png

Earwen1

Just like in 'Season of Dreams' in this 'Season of Joy' there is a quest to use pet food. (quest 57, thank you iDavis!)
Players at earlier chapters have not had the opportunity yet to get any pets, so it will be impossible to finish that one.

On another server I have started a new city last december, now it is at chapter 7, where Seasons of Dreams is now running. There hasn't been a pet yet, so it is impossible to pass that quest.

Souliena

Just like in 'Season of Dreams' in this 'Season of Joy' there is a quest to use pet food. (quest 57, thank you iDavis!)
Players at earlier chapters have not had the opportunity yet to get any pets, so it will be impossible to finish that one.

On another server I have started a new city last december, now it is at chapter 7, where Seasons of Dreams is now running. There hasn't been a pet yet, so it is impossible to pass that quest.
You can finish the quest if you disenchant the petfood to fragments.

Yogi Dave

Pet food is plenty abundant when you have 0 pets, which makes it relatively painless to disenchant.
That's funny typical that Inno would make them abundant then. Still, I think building a nice stash of them before you wish to use them would be a good idea. Some of the people who disenchanted a variety of things - artifacts, evolving base buildings, PPs, etc - have wished they hadn't done that. Many don't mind the loss. So, it's just a comment. Regardless, I think asking support 1st would be a good idea, though it's probably academic for @Earwen1 by now. Given a like to your post, I think disenchant was the choice taken.

Earwen1

I gave a like for the effort of answering my post, not because of approval of the answer.

I didn't know that to disenchant a bag of pet food would count as 'use'.
I have spilled 3 bags, because I wanted to move on, not because I think it is a great solution. In fact: not at all, because of the pet that is soon to arrive.

That quest should be replaced, or make it like: "Use and/or collect a bag of pet food." As we can craft them in the MA.