• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

(Spoilers) Something rustles in the grass!

Enevhar Aldarion

Good many players are quite content to stop at the gates of High Halls in spire. I have gone all the way to the top a cpl of times, maybe I have been unlucky or something but I just don't understand what ppl mean when they say that to them it's the best.

The ones who say that are part of the tiny, tiny number of players who are in the fellowships that get gold spire every week, so they are getting 275 diamonds every week.

CrazyWizard

So what do we know about the Cauldron ?
Is it a fellowship feature ?
...or a single player feature ?

When academy was introduced many ppl just cursed it because of the space it took. It took years before ppl embraced it, I don't know how I would manage without it now, but it took time.

Good many players are quite content to stop at the gates of High Halls in spire. I have gone all the way to the top a cpl of times, maybe I have been unlucky or something but I just don't understand what ppl mean when they say that to them it's the best.

So here we have a new feature coming out, but we don't know much about it - what is there to create a boost of interest in the game ? Is there any info that you could share ?
Mwa the ones tha complain about the MA are the same that complain about the barracks.

As for the spire it's all about the fellowship rewards combined with the single reward.

The last chest has a good chance on:
  • 125 diamonds
  • Genie (~1100 diamonds, 36 5h boosters and plenty of mana, seeds and PP ober it's lifetime)
  • Dwarven armoury (great for spire/tournament fighting)
And some diamonds/timeboosters, amazing 40% chance on 5 sips of clarity and plenry of other goodies

On top of that you have the fellowship reward if it eaches gold:
  • 125 diamonds
  • 15 5h boosters
  • plenty CC, PP, teleport
When you combine these it's quite an amazing reward for just the 3rd level.

For some enough to go to the top single, but with gold it becomes amazing.

Slowly people are more getting than and slowly we see more and more fellowhsips getting gold as those who like to get to the top are slowly consolidating into fellowships as they feel they are spending the effort and not geting the reward. this is a very slow proces as leaving the people you know ain't easy. most people stick to there initial fellowship for a very long time.

So it's a bit where you end up he first time you enter the game.

Laurelin-Beta

@Laurelin-Beta pretty much what you said, but except for "horrid".
Thanks for the reply - and yes, it's all a matter of perspective. I'm usually neutral in my posts, but sometimes I just feel like expressing myself! ;)
In my opinion it's a nice gaming mechanic that has been getting a lot of popularity recently, as it not only requires thinking and a lot of planning, but also offers many opportunities for storylines and themes to go along. But of course, everything depends on how in depth it's going to be implemented here.
To judge from Inno's three latest mobile-only offerings, they're developing quite a habit of cloning popular mobile gaming mechanics... but then, why am I not surprised? That's where the money evidently is, to look even slightly behind the scenes when it comes to the large corporations which own the gaming companies whose names appear on those mobile games. And I'm sure you know more about this than I do, too, since by preference I stick to PC games wherever I can - I don't even use the Elvenar mobile client (if my 6-y-o basic phone could even run it, nowadays!).

Again, thank you for your reply. What with your excellent website (for which also, much gratitude), and all the Elvenar video and other research work you do, I'm surprised you have time to actually play the game... or eat, or drink, or sleep! Your dedication to the cause really is outstanding.

ETA (because I doubt you have time to trawl entire Forum threads, either!) : @iDavis

ekarat

Thanks for the reply - and yes, it's all a matter of perspective. I'm usually neutral in my posts, but sometimes I just feel like expressing myself! ;)

To judge from Inno's three latest mobile-only offerings, they're developing quite a habit of cloning popular mobile gaming mechanics... but then, why am I not surprised? That's where the money evidently is, to look even slightly behind the scenes when it comes to the large corporations which own the gaming companies whose names appear on those mobile games. And I'm sure you know more about this than I do, too, since by preference I stick to PC games wherever I can - I don't even use the Elvenar mobile client (if my 6-y-o basic phone could even run it, nowadays!).

Again, thank you for your reply. What with your excellent website (for which also, much gratitude), and all the Elvenar video and other research work you do, I'm surprised you have time to actually play the game... or eat, or drink, or sleep! Your dedication to the cause really is outstanding.

ETA (because I doubt you have time to trawl entire Forum threads, either!) : @iDavis

I've been trying their new mobile-only offerings via Bluestacks. I'm also a PC-only person, but Bluestacks lets me run Android games on my PC, and it's compatible with Inno's games. (However, I did once have an issue that required me to reinstall Bluestacks when a game broke.)

So, if you want to try some of their other games but are PC-only like me, I recommend installing Bluestacks.

Arthus

With Bluestacks you need to be careful, some games or apps consider this as usage through third-party programms and can ban you.
I've got this once.

CrazyWizard

Bluestacks is sooo slow starting itself and takes up a lot of memory... booting the game takes a while as well, so still looking for a better emulator, if I find one, I'll let you know!
Windows 11 should be able to rune the elevnar app native due to the linux framework build into windows.
you should be able to get the app trough the amazon store that is connected to win11

ekarat

Windows 11 should be able to rune the elevnar app native due to the linux framework build into windows.
you should be able to get the app trough the amazon store that is connected to win11
Has anyone done this and reported success, or is this merely theoretical? (Compatibility can be thorny.)

Jackluyt

Bluestacks is sooo slow starting itself and takes up a lot of memory... booting the game takes a while as well, so still looking for a better emulator, if I find one, I'll let you know!
Try Nox. It can be tricky to use, but uses a heck of a lot less resources. You should visit Settings with all emulator programs and look at all the options - there are usually options to trim down memory use. Don't use Andy Android - it has built in adware, that the designers apparently know about and will not remove.

Dorfl the Clay

By my standards, that counts as a contest.
By my standards a contest is a competition of a specific duration and with one or more prices and/or winners.. in this case we are only invited to suggest names of newly designed items, which may (of may not) be used in future game features without any mention of rewards and/or prices

ekarat

By my standards a contest is a competition of a specific duration and with one or more prices and/or winners.. in this case we are only invited to suggest names of newly designed items, which may (of may not) be used in future game features without any mention of rewards and/or prices
If you understood what I was referring to, then "contest" is a perfectly fine term to use -- and that is the only reasonable measure to use here.

I could argue that anyone whose name is picked is a winner, but that buys into the validity of your personal definition, which is, in fact, irrelevant.

Bor de Wolf 1965

I don't think a name would be picked but maybe some items get a name you came up with or the developers got some new idea for names.
In the end, only we members on this beta forum will know if someone of us came up with one or more of the item names.
There won't be any everlasting fame or other prize associated with this name giving, so Dorfl is actually right and this is not a contest.

CrazyWizard

I don't think a name would be picked but maybe some items get a name you came up with or the developers got some new idea for names.
In the end, only we members on this beta forum will know if someone of us came up with one or more of the item names.
There won't be any everlasting fame or other prize associated with this name giving, so Dorfl is actually right and this is not a contest.
The "prize" is that if 1 of your names are chosen you can claim thats the name you came up with :D