• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New Game Features Tourney relics for fragments

Moncsociusz

What do you guys think it we could use the spare tourney relics for something useful? I have thousands of them on live and I hear a lot of players are struggling with spell fragments.

Wouldn't it make sense to have something out of them instead of hoarding them mindlessly in tourneys? At least this would make the tourney even more useful for beginner players as well as anyone else.

I heard about the "cauldron" rumor, I don't know if it has any similarities. Just was brainstorming what to do with my relic piles.

Enevhar Aldarion

There is no such thing as "excess" relics until you get all nine goods types to 700%. So anything that slows down newer players from doing this, even though it will be many chapters before they need those max boosts, is a bad thing. And since the boost percent is not locked once you reach it, anyone can lose boost if they use up the wrong relics. Again, another bad thing for newer players. If you really wanted to try something like this, it would need to be something that would only be possible once you had over a certain amount of a relic, say 1000. Then no one would screw up their game by using up the wrong ones.

Bor de Wolf 1965

You need relics for getting your bonus production up to 700% (500 relics)
You need relics for upgrading some wonders.
You need relics for your magic academy so you can produce the enchantments / combining catalyst

Not sure what the Cauldron would do and what it might need but for the moment, No please don't change them in spell fragments.

Moncsociusz

Im in last chapter, have 5k useless relics from almost each, almost all my AWs are on max what I wanted to upgrade, ~480 in lvl. I produce CC continuously, still have a lot even from those as I'm going 30+ in each tourney.

If you play only 15+ you still earn loads of relics each week which have no added bonus after awilhe.

When I look at them in the main hall in shows the excess, on top of the percentage boosted ones. So I don't mind if they implement that you can't use the boosted one, just the excess ones. Or get a pop up, line when you try to build a manu which is not boosted.

But if we could break them down to SF, then even the tourneys would be more useful for all the players, I believe as lot of people don't have multiple moon libraries to farm SF. I'm lucky to have more, but my members are complaining that they don't have enough SF, that's how the idea was born. :)

So if it isn't allowing to go under boosted percentages would it be a good idea to use up the excess ones? :)

DeletedUser3955

Just a random thought: what if the needed count of relics would go up a bit with each chapter to get the 700% production boost? That would create a small challenge for every player in every chapter.

Moncsociusz

Just a random thought: what if the needed count of relics would go up a bit with each chapter to get the 700% production boost? That would create a small challenge for every player in every chapter.

I think, this wouldn't solve the relic problem that after awhile it's redundant in the tourneys and expensions if there is no other use to it, just to accumulate them.

Not to mention, it would be just a massive drawback for those who are still improving in my opinion.

Enevhar Aldarion

One thing that will be a big issue for anything like the is the new research tree that all new cities are now getting. The tournament has to be researched in chapter 4 before you can do anything with it, so new cities will now not be able to pile up a bunch of extra relics. I made a 2nd Beta city to test all this when it first was added here and that city is now in chapter 6. I have been playing "by the rules" and not over-scouting at all, but rather staying within the number of completed provinces needed for the next chapter. Between that and no tournament until mid-chapter 4, my three boosts are barely over 500% each and I don't have more than 13 provinces available for any of the nine tournaments. At this rate, I may have all three boosts at 700% by the end of chapter 7, maybe a little sooner, depending on if I get more or less of my boosted provinces to complete.

Bor de Wolf 1965

If I understand Mancsociusz right, it is at that point when you have the 500 boosted relics you don't need that many more of them.
Maybe 200 or 300 more for upgrading some wonders you might place in your town.
It is the moment you go above the 700/800 mark on your standard goods relics and also for the Sentient goods relics, they become useless.
So, around chapter 9 you will have some extra relics you don't need and they can be converted in to something else.

We should be able to use them for something else.
I can understand why he would ask for a conversion in to spell fragments on beta for here to I am sometimes struggling in getting them.
I don't need them on my main account for there I get so many portal profit spells that I started to convert them and ended up with having over 100k spell fragments. (something I wouldn't do on beta)

Karvest

Sentient/ascended boost relics are used in MA for crafting spells, and the amount of them needed there is quite big. Remember these times when we skipped just one dust tourney here and many players was out of relics due to that? Now with relics distributed over different tourneys that won't be the case, but now you need to have a good participation in every tourney to keep up MA production.

Standard boost relics have no use after some point, and we really need some way to spend them. Maybe via some feature that become available in later chapters so that newbies won't waste their boost on it if Inno care too much about boost for newbies.

Moncsociusz

Just to give an example

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220704-145849.png
    Screenshot_20220704-145849.png
    822.9 KB · Views: 133

Moncsociusz

Now that the cauldron is out, I'm even more sure that using the potion critical boost with relics instead of spell fragments would be a better idea. Thalen it would push people to go further and get the maximum amount of goblets on tourneys and could be a self feeding cycle.

Moncsociusz

@Moncsociusz Sorry for keeping you waiting & thank you for your suggestion! Would you like to update your start post and thread title before we start the poll (especially since we have the Cauldron now)?
Sorry Vaeri! I don't know how I missed your post. I leave it to the Devs if it gets there. I think they will get the idea. Thank you!

Moncsociusz

Sorry, bit confused. What exactly are we voting on doing with relics?

That we make relics to be able to broken down to shards. Disenchant them for example in the magic academy.

This will help all the players to craft more, use in the cauldron critical boost function and equalise people a bit more without several moon libraries. Mostly, boost tourney participation and make a use to the endless supply of relics.

meira

I am in agreement that we should be able to convert the excess relics to something else. SF sounds good as it is hard to get them sometimes in the spire and I don't like cashing in my other items for SF that I could use elsewhere in the game. Thumbs up on this idea. :)