• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Chapter 19 - Revenge of the Exile Discussion

Ainor

any magical residence or workshop count 1 for these quests, independent from their level; if on the current chapter count double
1642170240257.png

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Quest 36 and 73 both request you to have 10 houses at level 42 or 43 while you have only 9 magic houses.
You will be 1 house short for both quests.
I hope you get lucky very soon so you have your 10th magic house or else you need to level 1 house to level 42 and 43 during this chapter.

You were not reading everything I said, The quest for 10 level 42 residences was completed with me having less than 10 chapter 19 magic residences and zero normal residences. And the picture posted after your comment shows that even for the level 43 quest, the chapter 19 magic residences still count at double, which answers me question. I don't know why your magic workshops did not count double for you for the quest you are on.

ekarat

You were not reading everything I said, The quest for 10 level 42 residences was completed with me having less than 10 chapter 19 magic residences and zero normal residences. And the picture posted after your comment shows that even for the level 43 quest, the chapter 19 magic residences still count at double, which answers me question. I don't know why your magic workshops did not count double for you for the quest you are on.

I hear you. What a lot of people here don't realize is that 1 magic workshop of the current chapter counts as 2 regular workshops for the workshop quest(s). No, really. On live, I passed the 4 workshop quest with 3 workshops this way. It's in there to account that you need fewer workshops if they are magic workshops.

Sadly, I haven't gotten to the quest you are describing (the level 43 residence quest), but I expect that magic residences of the current chapter should also count double (for consistency with the other quests). However, I can't prove it by actual experience.

edeba

Does anyone know if once you go to build level 4 for the portal if you can sell it before the build finishes?

Alcaro

Does anyone know if once you go to build level 4 for the portal if you can sell it before the build finishes?
I'm not there yet but you can check that easily. Select Sell option and verrrrry gentle, hover the mouse over the upgrading portal. It should show what you get back from selling it. At least so it was with the Towers.

Bor de Wolf 1965

I don't think anyone would like the risk on making 144 white and 72 black towers to try it out.
I would like to know it as well for I am 4 researches away from it but I will not risk that chance.

Bor de Wolf 1965

Sorry to hear it @palmira and I wonder is @edeba was revering to you when he told us you could sell it without the upgrade completion.
And I can feel the pain it does for making 144 towers of light and 72 towers of darkness, Good luck in building them again.

edeba

Sorry to hear it @palmira and I wonder is @edeba was revering to you when he told us you could sell it without the upgrade completion.
And I can feel the pain it does for making 144 towers of light and 72 towers of darkness, Good luck in building them again.
No need to build again. The quest will just sit there until the next chapter. It did give the blue thingy needed for the ultimate power technology.

Jaxom

My math could be wrong on this but for my Beta city I calculated how long it would take me to produce the light and dark creatures I will need for the rest of the chapter.
When you complete the tech to upgrade breeding facilities to level 4 you need to produce 310K light and 460K dark.
A level 4 breeder gives me 230 light or 350 dark based on my boosts.
So if I had 10 breeders at level 4 and do 3 sets each day it would take me 89 days to get all the creatures needed.

Of course it isn't likely that I could finish that tech and instantly upgrade my level 2 breeders to level 4. So I can produce some critters while I upgrade everything.

So what is my point? It is ridiculous to require nearly 3 months to create all of this critters to complete the research for the remaining techs in the chapter.
And this does not even include chewing up a bunch of those critters to create the 25K of ultimate critters.

Looking at a minimum of 3 more months if all goes smoothly. And this is after nearly 4 months so far.

THIS IS NOT A FUN CHAPTER.

Please do better in the future. take pity on us, please

Bor de Wolf 1965

1 part that has a big influence on the time needed is your blooming trading guild.
A 1 level increase at the beginning of the chapter can result in a 4 day drop at the end of the chapter.
I wend up a couple levels on my life account and I use a spreadsheet to see what production numbers would be wise for me.
At this moment I am on the last 3 needed developments were I need the creatures of light, darkness and ultimate for.
And producing the ultimate with only dark creatures for the slight imbalance between light and darkness productions.
I managed to knock off about 2 to 3 weeks.
Knowing, I can get a lot of 5h time reduction spells, I will use them as well.
Yes, I am playing 89 days on this chapter but the next chapter isn't expected to hit the life servers before at least 180 to 270 days are passed.
So I have the time and I know I will be scratching at the end wall/hidden door for the next level.

So for the next chapter (ch20) keep in mind, it needs to last at least for 180 to 270 days

Enevhar Aldarion

@Jaxom you are not including all the light or dark creatures you will need to make the ultimate creatures. Add those in and you have a lot longer to go.

Here is my example from my US city. I recently finished the three researches for the tier 1 factory upgrades. That leaves me with 4 researches that require light, dark, and ultimate creatures, plus the ultimate creatures needed to upgrade the portal to level 4. I make 254 light and 388 dark per production because of my level 26 BTG,, and have the 10 level 4 breeders, and I still need a little over 3 months just to make the creatures to finish the chapter. Yes, I liberally use my time boosters on those 6-hour productions, but that does not save a lot of time once you have run out and you can only get more in the Spire. If my numbers are correct, I might finish the chapter at about the same time that chapter 20 is added to the Live servers. 6 months to do this chapter, when I have completed the last several in 3-4 months each, is painful and I will miss having that time in between new chapters to work on my city.

Alcaro

Another strange fact about this chapter - at the beginning you literally need tons of Ascended goods but once you have all Breeding Facilities at lvl.4 you don't need them at all until you finish the chapter and have to upgrade the Fortress to lvl.4. IMO this is not normal. So, once u start to breed the white and black criters you stop producing and implicit to trade them.
When we started ch.19 we struggled because of Ascended goods, because were very few players at that stage, therefore not much Asc. goods on the market. But for those who are starting the ch. 19 now, the situation is pretty much similar since those who passed the middle of the chapter are using Unurium for something else, rarely to produce Ascended and to trade them.

edeba

My math could be wrong on this but for my Beta city I calculated how long it would take me to produce the light and dark creatures I will need for the rest of the chapter.
When you complete the tech to upgrade breeding facilities to level 4 you need to produce 310K light and 460K dark.
A level 4 breeder gives me 230 light or 350 dark based on my boosts.
So if I had 10 breeders at level 4 and do 3 sets each day it would take me 89 days to get all the creatures needed.

Of course it isn't likely that I could finish that tech and instantly upgrade my level 2 breeders to level 4. So I can produce some critters while I upgrade everything.

So what is my point? It is ridiculous to require nearly 3 months to create all of this critters to complete the research for the remaining techs in the chapter.
And this does not even include chewing up a bunch of those critters to create the 25K of ultimate critters.

Looking at a minimum of 3 more months if all goes smoothly. And this is after nearly 4 months so far.

THIS IS NOT A FUN CHAPTER.

Please do better in the future. take pity on us, please
It is super slow. I had 14 breeders and used timers. I would suggest adding more breeders.

Maillie

I have 10 level 4 breeders, 2 level 2 and one level 1. I have a Blooming Trader at level 31. I actually thought this was a decent chapter until I got to the last couple rows of tech. I just want to ask why it is that boring people to death in order to finish these late chapters is even considered to be rational. Why do you want us to be doing the same things over and over and over and over for weeks with seemingly no end in sight? It's a game. Aren't games supposed to be ... I dunno ... fun? I had so much "fun" finishing Chapter 18 that I couldn't make myself start 19 when it first came out. One of my 2 big cities never did start Chapter 19 at all. Just couldn't do it. Now the same horror all over again for the end of Chapter 19. This should be a LOT more fun, or why go on to another chapter ever?

Here's a hint to the developers: My city that never started Chapter 19 just plays tournaments, Spire, and events. It needs no diamonds to do any of those things. My biggest city is now stuck in the quicksand in the last of 19. Am I looking forward to 20? Not in the least.

Jaxom

Finally completed the chapter, with the tasks.
231 days
Once I had my 10 breeders at level 4 in late April it all became a mind numbing over-and-over-and-over grind to the end.
I chose to NOT use tons of time boosts. I did use plenty of portal profits once I got my last 24 dark matter and ditched the towers.
This was an absolute disaster. I got no pleasure from playing the last 3 months.

Did the developers think that we would find this to be challenging?
Did they think this would in some way be fun?
Did they think that by doing this we were gaining some big improvements to make the game better moving forward?
Did they think we would be so desperate to complete it that we would spend cash to get diamonds to buy expansions or items to speed it up?

I can only hope that the 231 days was enough to let them get a superb wonderful Chapter 20 ready for us.
Any bets on when it will arrive? Next week?

Arthus

Finally completed the chapter, with the tasks.
231 days
Once I had my 10 breeders at level 4 in late April it all became a mind numbing over-and-over-and-over grind to the end.
I chose to NOT use tons of time boosts. I did use plenty of portal profits once I got my last 24 dark matter and ditched the towers.
This was an absolute disaster. I got no pleasure from playing the last 3 months.

Did the developers think that we would find this to be challenging?
Did they think this would in some way be fun?
Did they think that by doing this we were gaining some big improvements to make the game better moving forward?
Did they think we would be so desperate to complete it that we would spend cash to get diamonds to buy expansions or items to speed it up?

I can only hope that the 231 days was enough to let them get a superb wonderful Chapter 20 ready for us.
Any bets on when it will arrive? Next week?

It's not even in files (absolutely nothing) and it's more than 7 months after release of chapter 19, either they are extremely lazy or they plan 1 chapter per year. New cauldron function is also "empty". Normally games build up hype for upcoming content which is strange why they don't.

Bor de Wolf 1965

I know how you feel @Jaxom but I believe the developers at Inno wanted you to use the time boosters you collected from the tower.
On my life account I finished ch19 in just 108 days with all the quests done and yes I used a lot of time boosters in the end.
I also had my BTG at level 27.
I do walk up the tower every week and hit a solid 5400 points in the tournament as well.

The sport to me is finding ways to get some things done as efficient as possible and I got some nice tips that I might use on chapter 20.
But I have a different play style compared to you and that is good for the both of us.