• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [40478] Player missing on Neighbors list

Bor de Wolf 1965

I just noticed, due to the size of my main screen and the distance from my face I have the game normally on 80% zoom in firefox.
It seems just zooming out (smaller as 100%) is enough to keep getting these strange bugs.

And I use a 24" 16x10 as a main screen and a 21" 16x9 as a second screen, with my main screen at +/- 70cm from my face.
So the town on 100% is just to big and at 80% zoom factor it looks similar on my laptop but I see just more.

Dorfl the Clay

versie: v1.153.2-(f4184af) - html5 (2022-05-30 10:57)
wold: Arendyll on NL-server
name: rodeon
Human or Elf: Elf
Browser + version: FireFox 101.0 (64-bits)
Operating system: Windows 10
Screenresolution: 1680x1050
Reproduction: 2/5 = happens at random, 'problem' has occured before with exactly the same player, the phenomenon disappears by logging off and on or by giving neighbourly help
Knipsel.JPG

Present Situation: Player has wrong background (creme) colour

Expected Situation: Player should have a 'city-like' backgorund

Reproduction:
1. go to the world map
2. look at other players

Marindor

Hi @Dorfl the Clay , thank you for letting us know, but please only report bugs here that you can actually reproduce on Beta. Here we are 1-2 game versions ahead of Live, so things that are already fixed here can still happen on our Live servers until they run the same game version as we do.

Karvest

I have the opposite situation - I can see neighbor on the list, marked green on the map, but when I try to give NH I get the message that I can't give NH to a player who is not discovered.
I have 5 neighbors with that issue within 7 first pages of neighbors list
1657191721554.png

1657191685018.png

1657191786792.png

1657191834195.png
Not sure if it is the same bug or not?

Last edited:

Marindor

I have the opposite situation - I can see neighbor on the list, marked green on the map, but when I try to give NH I get the message that I can't give NH to a player who is not discovered.

That is probably the result of a first attempt to fix this bug. The development team is already looking into it.

Avocado

Game version:
Game world:
Browser/IOS/Android + version: browser AND android
Operating System or Mobile Device:
Screen resolution:
Account name: Avocado
Humans or Elves: human

Reproducibility:

Quest title: (if applicable)

Current situation: I wanted to give neighbourhood help to the neighbours, which are not on the alert list and not in my FS (because on these the time counter had still locked them). So these inactive neighbours, when I clicked their names on the world map using the app, I get a message saying: "You cannot give neighbourly help to a neighbour you have not discovered). When trying the same thing in the browser version, also in the world map, their name is not displayed green, so I cannot click it. Also, when I visited the city, the NBH Hands were grey. I did not try the list in the provinces menu yet.
__
__

Expected situation: Green buttons on the world map allowing me to click them and successful Neighbourship help
__
__

Reproduction Steps

Add more steps if needed. Include only ONE action for each step!

Heffernan

i have had similar messages using android app, but not the whole map, for a couple of days now. three or four neighbours have the help icon showing as nh available, but clicking the hand triggers the message. next day same situation but different players. haven't tried today.

Bor de Wolf 1965

At this moment I have a new player in my scouted area that has a green/normal background on the world map and also the helping hands but I can't help the player.

Emrys

I have the same issue for one of my neighbors on the world map too.

Kosza

Sziasztok!
Nálam ugyan ez a helyzet ,már 4 napja. Nem tudok segíteni, mert azt írja nem fedeztem fel, a városomtól 2 távolságra. Kérlek segítsetek ebben, hogy megoldódjon ez a a probléma.

Edit SyreArca: "Hello!
This is the same situation with me, for 4 days now. I can't help, because it says I haven't discovered it, 2 distances from my city. Please help to solve this problem."
(English only on the Beta Forum, please :))

Last edited by a moderator:

Kosza

Hello!
It's the same situation whit me, it's been 4 day's. I can't help , because it says I haven't discovered it, 2 distances from my city. Please help to solve this promblem.

Heffernan

this has been marked as ”fixed” but i still have it.

today, just as in earlier occasions, i went through all my neighbours using the map not a list.
i think i had five neighbours giving me ”haven’t found yet” notification, three of those in the middle of map and have been there for a while, afaik active accounts. a couple of prob accounts did the same earlier but often the names and the number of prob accounts change, so not always same accounts or new neighbours.

i tap the neighbours name, get the icon showing that nh possible, tap the nh icon, it displays the floating coins and then comes the ”can’t give help… haven’t found yet”. after that the nh icon is showing nh possible again but tapping the icon just gives the same result.

using ipad, have updated to latest version in app store.